exo / Réseau de transport métropolitain (formerly AMT)

kellergraham

It created quite a stir in Ontarop a few months back when GO Transit awarded a much large contract to CAD Railway Industries in Lachine.

[url="http://www.canadianbusiness.com/article/31088--go-transit-refurbishment-contract-goes-to-montreal-firm-not-ontario-northland"[/url]

Which they bid on and won fair-and-square. And so why isn't it fair to go the other way?

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Having the bus shoulder lane on a20 should help too. It is asinine that people that are doing the right thing by taking transit are penalized by being stuck in traffic at any given hour on the 2-20. The train is the way to go in that corridor

• 2 weeks later...

Derailment at Gare Centrale this morning:

En français: Metro News

I don't think any English news has covered it yet.

- 07:50 arrival (Train #805)

- 1400 people on board

- No injuries

- No delays to other trains

- One 3000-series car was tilted, but did not fall over

The photo in the article doesn't necessarily mean an ALP-45DP was involved. Likely stock photography.

Alex

Derailment at Gare Centrale this morning:

En français: Metro News

I don't think any English news has covered it yet.

- 07:50 arrival (Train #805)

- 1400 people on board

- No injuries

- No delays to other trains

- One 3000-series car was tilted, but did not fall over

The photo in the article doesn't necessarily mean an ALP-45DP was involved. Likely stock photography.

Alex

There are clearly people peering down to the tracks as if it weren't an ordinary event. The ALP-45DPs haven't been in service for much more than a week, so it's highly unlikely a reporter would have been able to get photos of the ALP-45DP beforehand, especially since the AMT hasn't published a formal press release about the dual modes going into service, to my knowledge. Therefore that doesn't look like stock photography to me at all. There are similar photos here:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdive...209-091509.html

I went to Central Station today and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary from the outside. Then again snow was blowing very intensely and visibility (from a pedestrian's view) wasn't the best.

Inside there were AMT security officers blocking access to tracks 21 and 22.

I wonder how the event would have played out had the "derailment" occurred anywhere where there isn't a high-level platform. Would there be a chance of the locomotive falling onto its side?

What's more puzzling is the sentence in the Cyberpresse article:

...selon ce que LaPresse.ca a pu obtenir, ce ne serait pas le premier incident du genre impliquant ces appareils.

It would have happened before. During testing? So why put them into service without correcting the problem first?

There are clearly people peering down to the tracks as if it weren't an ordinary event. The ALP-45DPs haven't been in service for much more than a week, so it's highly unlikely a reporter would have been able to get photos of the ALP-45DP beforehand, especially since the AMT hasn't published a formal press release about the dual modes going into service, to my knowledge. Therefore that doesn't look like stock photography to me at all. There are similar photos here:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdive...209-091509.html

I went to Central Station today and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary from the outside. Then again snow was blowing very intensely and visibility (from a pedestrian's view) wasn't the best.

Inside there were AMT security officers blocking access to tracks 21 and 22.

I wonder how the event would have played out had the "derailment" occurred anywhere where there isn't a high-level platform. Would there be a chance of the locomotive falling onto its side?

The engine that derailed is 1352.. there's a pic of it in the railway section of the board AMT sightings.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Any news on the outcome of the ALP-45DP derailment nvestigation?

Someone on another list suggested getting some of New Jersey Transit's retired ALP-44 locos as a quick fix. Might that work for the Deux-Montagnes line, when it needs extra capacity, the MR-90s go in for rebuild (long overdue) and the ALP-45DPs are still sidelined?

• 2 weeks later...

NJT have put the 45DP in service, and it's hard to believe they have done so without some sort of indication that the result of the derailment investigation will not blame something of a showstopper nature.

http://www.railwayag...html?channel=55

EDIT: according to "AMTfan1" on Railroad.Net track fault rectification will allow recommencement of testing in two weeks.

The plan 2020 ads that have been popping up everywhere are really getting annoying. Yesterday I rode MR-90s and they have placed them along the top of the windows. In the multilevels they have placed them above the staircase leading to the bottom level.

It's very STM-like of them to go out of their way to show the clients that they provide the best service on the continent!

The plan 2020 ads that have been popping up everywhere are really getting annoying. Yesterday I rode MR-90s and they have placed them along the top of the windows. In the multilevels they have placed them above the staircase leading to the bottom level.

It's very STM-like of them to go out of their way to show the clients that they provide the best service on the continent!

Agreed. So annoying. As bad as the stupid behaviour ads. I have not once seen a graffiti inside a train.