MiWay

Orion VIII

Please be advised that effective Monday March 14, Mississauga Valley Boulevard will be reopened at Elm Drive, however Elm Drive will remained closed until June 30, 2016.

The current Route 3 detour will remain unchanged but the Route 8 detour has been modified to continue along Mississauga Valley Boulevard between Arista Way and Central Parkway. The following will be in effect regarding stops:

Route 3 East

Last Serviced Stop: #0077 Elm Drive at Hurontario Street

#0066 – Elm/east of Hurontario

#0078 – Elm/Mississauga Valley

Returns to Regular Routing: #1215 Mississauga Valley Boulevard at Central Parkway

Route 3 West

Last Serviced Stop: #1264 Mississauga Valley Boulevard at Central Parkway

#0059 – Mississauga Valley/north of Central Parkway

#0068 – Elm/Oblisk

#0069 – Elm/Hurontario

Returns to Regular Routing: #0070 Elm Drive at Hurontario Street

Route 8 North

Last Serviced Stop: Temp Stop – Mississauga Valley Boulevard at Oblisk Way

#0068 – Elm/Oblisk

#0069 – Elm/Hurontario

Returns to Regular Routing: #0070 Elm Drive at Kariya Drive

Route 8 South

Last Serviced Stop: #0077 Elm Drive at Hurontario Street

#0066 – Elm/east of Hurontario

#1243 – Mississauga Valley/Elm

Returns to Regular Routing: #1228 Mississauga Valley Boulevard east of Arista Way

I prefer the old format as it doesnt eat up my data through map use

You don't need to view maps, after going clicking on the Schedules and Trip Planner tab, there's a menu button where you can select the option to view route schedules or stop schedules.

A random collection of thoughts:

The Stop Schedule on the mobile version (I don't think it's an actual mobile version based on the site address: www4.mississauga.ca/planatrip) is a step backwards forcing you to select a route when more than one serves a particular stop (like outside Islington or Kipling stations or pretty much anywhere along Eglinton, Hurontario, Dundas, Britannia, Burnhamthorpe East or Erin Mills). The previous mobile version which listed the next arrivals for ALL routes meant you could quickly see which one was coming first. Now you have to switch between individual route schedules. I also liked the countdown until the bus' arrival.

I did use the scheduler to determine the new southern routing of the 53 KENNEDY goes around it onstreet loop clockwise. None of the maps have arrows indicating which way it ran.

Secondly, why doesn't the 11 WESTWOOD have some sort of quantifier in its desto to go with the branch letter? They all say "To Westwood" or "To Subway" without a "Via" or hyphenated name as they do on the schedules.

Thirdly, has anyone noticed the stops for the 185 DIXIE EXPRESS? I took a photo of one the other night with my phone, it's dark and blurry so it's not the greatest. They look like they were designed by Brampton Transit (i.e. no "lollipop" bus stop). There are two signs side by side with the corresponding transit logo at the top. Both list the route number and name calling at that stop (say "185 Dixie Express" on the Brampton one and "185 Dixie Express 5 Dixie" on the MiWay one). At the bottom are instructions on what number to call the the Stop ID number to get arrival time info by phone. Going back to the comments I posted in the One Giant Transit Authority thread, a bit of coordinating so that either a single Stop ID could be used by both systems and/or incorporating the schedules for both providers on either phone service (which is the case here as it's a joint service but not along Hurontario).

Finally, anyone know what version of the System Map is currently being sold? I doubt they'd create a batch of maps for each round of service changes they have planned this year which will significantly alter the System Map. They'll just have to make sure they do a thorough job of updating all the shelter maps. (Are these available to the public, even the out-of-date ones? It'd be nice to have some physical documentation of the changes this year.) The last thing you'd want is a hapless passenger consulting an outdated map looking for a route that's either been cancelled or rerouted!

IMG_20160315_194620.jpg

Spotted 0938 running 3E Bloor 5:20pm at CCTT

Not surprised, that's the first trip for the run which pulls out of the garage around 5:00pm and stays out for most of the evening. Because it starts so late into rush hour it gets whatever is left in the garage at the time

Spotted 0938 running 3E Bloor 5:20pm at CCTT

Yea, I saw that one as well.

There seems to be a whole bunch off odd ones today out as well. A D40LFR was on the 110, and a express D60LFR on the 26.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit: 1314 is at CCTT departing on the 3 right now.

Not surprised, that's the first trip for the run which pulls out of the garage around 5:00pm and stays out for most of the evening. Because it starts so late into rush hour it gets whatever is left in the garage at the time

I also spotted 1360 yesterday morning 7:10am at Miss Valley/Voltarie going east

Yea, I saw that one as well.

There seems to be a whole bunch off odd ones today out as well. A D40LFR was on the 110, and a express D60LFR on the 26.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit: 1314 is at CCTT departing on the 3 right now.

I was on 0938 at 5:20 from CCTT and took that pic as I got off the bus, I saw 1314 on 3W at Hurontario/Central by Esso gas station

20160318_173241.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Since late summer 2015, there is a driver, with a lot of seniority, who consistently drives slow on route 44 (morning run). As in, 5-10 km/h under the speed limit, for no apparent reason, even when he's behind schedule. We're nowhere near full-load until a few stops before UTM, so I can't understand why he drives so slowly. Sometimes, he even selects "2" (second gear) instead of "D" (drive), which makes the bus quite loud (especially on an 03 or 05). Having been on that route almost every day for the last 3 years, it's frustrating being late and having to deal with a slow driver who seemingly doesn't care about making up time. I wish I could just "take the earlier bus" as they all say, but the 44 doesn't run as often as an express, and I also have another bus to take prior to it, which also isn't an express. I just can't understand why he can't drive to or at least close to the speed limit...

Since late summer 2015, there is a driver, with a lot of seniority, who consistently drives slow on route 44 (morning run). As in, 5-10 km/h under the speed limit, for no apparent reason, even when he's behind schedule. We're nowhere near full-load until a few stops before UTM, so I can't understand why he drives so slowly. Sometimes, he even selects "2" (second gear) instead of "D" (drive), which makes the bus quite loud (especially on an 03 or 05). Having been on that route almost every day for the last 3 years, it's frustrating being late and having to deal with a slow driver who seemingly doesn't care about making up time. I wish I could just "take the earlier bus" as they all say, but the 44 doesn't run as often as an express, and I also have another bus to take prior to it, which also isn't an express. I just can't understand why he can't drive to or at least close to the speed limit...

It should probably go without saying that there's no point of complaining on here.

Email them at miway.customerservice(at) mississauga.ca

It should probably go without saying that there's no point of complaining on here.

Email them at miway.customerservice(at) mississauga.ca

There's also @MiWayHelps which is only monitored during the day. There might be some similar situations you could look up there. They also tweeted about the fare increase which hasn't shown up on the website yet:

Ce9lG-VXEAEdX46.jpg

Sorry, usually when they tweet something (in this case the graphic I posted) like that it usually appears in the banner on the website. I had scrolled through all of them before making my post. Hadn't considered the Fares page!

Good day,

Try to find these 2 if you can as they are out as of now. :)

The artic that was on the 76 comes off the 71. It leaves the garage at 4:21pm that's why you end up getting an artic as there is almost nothing left in the garage at that time. But that bus goes back to the garage after than one run of 76 back to Square one.