Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

... And we're at number 5 for this week. 2229 seems to be the one involved in this one. 

A man was rushed to Foothills hospital after he was hit by a C-Train in downtown Calgary Saturday night .

According to EMS, emergency crews were called to the area of Macleod Trail and Seventh Street S.E. near the City Hall station shortly before 9 p.m.

The man's injuries are said to be critical and life-threatening.

Calgary Transit said because of the incident, trains are not able to travel through the core of the city and shuttle buses are in place to connect riders to Erlton/Bridgeland and Sunnyside stations.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/pedestrian-ctrain-collision-downtown-1.4420130 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CTrain shuttles are/were in effect between Somerset and Shaugnessey [sic] this afternoon.

Redline CTrains at a standstill around Fishcreek Station due to Calgary fire situation

Commuters taking the Redline CTrain past Fishcreek Park station are being advised that the trains are at a standstill due to an ongoing situation with the Calgary Fire Department (CFD).

According to Calgary Transit, a decommissioned cell tower in the area is involved in a CFD issue and the LRT line is affected.

Calgary Transit said at 3:30 p.m. it’s going to be a couple of hours before the trains will be running past the Fish Creek Station again.

Shuttles will be taking commuters between the Shaugnessey and Somerset stations, and shuttles were dispatched to retrieve the passengers from affected trains.

Commuters are encouraged to check Calgary Transit’s Twitter account for real-time updates.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3928126/redline-ctrains-at-a-standstill-around-fishcreek-station-due-to-calgary-fire-situation/?utm_source=GlobalCalgary&utm_medium=Facebook

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blake M said:

First crash with an S200! It's truly a milestone!

In all seriousness though, three crashes in less than two hours is ridiculous. I had to wait 45 minutes at Brentwood for a train going north. People need to learn how to drive!

First crash of the year maybe... But there was an incident last year with an S200 and a car at 4th Avenue and 9th Street 

• Like 1

No worries at all... The series 9 that was involved in the accident last year actually happened at the same spot. The consist was heading towards Sunnyside and a car slid into the trailing car. 

We had three incidents last night within an hour and a half!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LRT said:

No worries at all... The series 9 that was involved in the accident last year actually happened at the same spot. The consist was heading towards Sunnyside and a car slid into the trailing car. 

We had three incidents last night within an hour and a half!

Yes I remember waiting at Brentwood, going on Twitter to ask when the next train would be there (arrival times were down, understandable) and then a few mins after I tweeted them I checked to see that there was the crash at 4 Avenue and 9 Street. Man I was annoyed! ?

21 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Yes I remember waiting at Brentwood, going on Twitter to ask when the next train would be there (arrival times were down, understandable) and then a few mins after I tweeted them I checked to see that there was the crash at 4 Avenue and 9 Street. Man I was annoyed! ?

That's got to really suck for you and other passengers.... when things go down everything grinds to a halt and it takes quite a while to set up shuttle buses so when you hear about an accident involving a car or pedestrian it's probably a good idea to find "alternate transportation"

On 1/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, LRT said:

That's got to really suck for you and other passengers.... when things go down everything grinds to a halt and it takes quite a while to set up shuttle buses so when you hear about an accident involving a car or pedestrian it's probably a good idea to find "alternate transportation"

Agreed. And my last bus is from Crowfoot at 24:50 so when no train shows up I'm stuck wherever till I can get up to Crowfoot and get a cab, which costs me about $15 (or I could walk an hour, but not when it's cold ?)

7 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

That linked article says no one was aboard the train....I find it very hard to believe there weren’t any customers, and even if it was empty, there was still a driver.  That seems to missed in these things, sadly. 

1 hour ago, CTrainDude said:

That linked article says no one was aboard the train....I find it very hard to believe there weren’t any customers, and even it it was empty, there was still a driver.  That seems to missed in these things, sadly. 

I happen to know there were people aboard the train considering I was one of them. However, by the time Global showed up, everyone has been evacuated.

• 3 weeks later...