BCT-3122-D800-10240

Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

2 minutes ago, CTrainDude said:

And looks like it’s another smashed up S200. 

Why don't people pick on the U2's and leave the good trains alone? 😁

41 minutes ago, Pantograf said:

There is no 39th Street crossing on the 201. This happened at 36th Ave.

Sorry beside 39th st station 

4 minutes ago, thager said:

Sorry beside 39th st station 

Nope, that's 39 Ave station and this was 3 blocks north from there - 36 Ave crossing..

An uncommon sight: The south portion of the Red Line is terminating at Downtown West/Kerby this weekend due to scheduled maintenance at Sunnyside and SAIT. 

24ABE9E3-F98F-460D-B9EF-ECB15DBBA636.thumb.jpeg.73bb1c2017e98cd4d8655df9f1990cf6.jpeg

• Like 2

Again... another unfortunate accident. It involved a series 9. Windshield is smashed up pretty good... 

The article on the girl has been updated to say she was crossing the tracks and then panicked when the signals started, doubled back but couldn't get out of the way in time.

I have an 8yo daughter on the spectrum (mildly) and I can easily see this happening to her. Fortunately she does not go anywhere near train tracks in the daily routine and is walked to and from school every day. But this would be my nightmare for sure.

59 minutes ago, chills_on_the_train said:

Another Ctrain related death at Heritage Station last night: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/fatality-calgary-transit-heritage-station-1.4908672

I was on a different train when the service delay began. A little earlier, our driver had thrown off a couple of guys at Lion's Park who'd run in front of our train and into the first car while the crossing bells and lights were on, with trains stopped at both platforms. The men might not have had tickets, either. The operator opened the door to the cab, gave them an earful about how many people die trying to beat the train and asked them if they knew what a person run over by a train looks like … because he did. 🙁 "You don't deserve the ride," he told them, before he ordered them to get off the train. They complied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, downbeat said:

I was on a different train when the service delay began. A little earlier, our driver had thrown off a couple of guys at Lion's Park who'd run in front of our train and into the first car while the crossing bells and lights were on, with trains stopped at both platforms. The men might not have had tickets, either. The operator opened the door to the cab, gave them an earful about how many people die trying to beat the train and asked them if they knew what a person run over by a train looks like … because he did. 🙁 "You don't deserve the ride," he told them, before he ordered them to get off the train. They complied.

There was a biohazard on the front car of a 4-car S200 consist going to Crowfoot around 10PM last night too, then someone causing an altercation in Crowfoot station as well. Bad night for the train or same guys maybe?

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, downbeat said:

if they knew what a person run over by a train looks like … because he did. 🙁

Unfortunately I do too.. operators get pretty upset when that happens it affects everyone including there family and friends. Sometimes the operators can't cope with fatality incidents at all.. I'm sure some of the members on this board know exactly what I'm talking about!

• Sad 1

Earlier today, there was a CTrain disruption on the Red Line due to a vehicle versus train collision with a Tuscany bound train at the 4th Ave. at 9th Street S.W. rail crossing.

25 minutes ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Due to this incident, a route 4 was trapped between 8th and 9th Streets and had to be turned around with the help of CPS and PS.
021218-4656ct8174.jpg
And here is a photo of #7729 working the Red Line CTrain Disruption shuttle:
021218-4676ct7729.jpg