Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

28 minutes ago, car4041 said:

No, I don't think so; it's rare in Winnipeg to see three buses from the same route together. The rule applies quite generally to whenever there's a queue of buses at a bus stop. Passengers are expected to board the first two buses in the queue at the same time, rather than waiting for the first bus to depart and the second bus to pull right up to the stop. On a street like Graham Avenue, which is a steady line of buses in rush hour, it would slow down operations considerably if the buses only boarded one at a time. In principle the two-bus rule allows buses to depart in pairs rather than one at a time.

In practice, my experience is that the driver of the second bus will often stop again at the actual stop, but will say something to the passenger like "Didn't you see me right there? Why didn't you board already?"

And, of course, people are allowed to board the third and fourth buses in the queue, too, but those buses are so far back from the stop that they do have to stop again, because it's not practical to make everyone to scurry back that far to board their bus.

More people need to know about this rule 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wpgtransit183-2 said:

392511C1-66E8-485A-8F7B-CF2109CED561.thumb.jpeg.c606c3a1af7ed357140a52d2e5b1f22a.jpegfound this today in the run card must be the plan they got in case jets win there play off games and people crowd portage and main 

Interesting. I notice the Southwest Transitway routes are mentioned on the Graham Avenue routes affected as 60, 61, 62, 63, 80, 81. The 100 prefix is missing. 

When do you think this dates from?

15 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Interesting. I notice the Southwest Transitway routes are mentioned on the Graham Avenue routes affected as 60, 61, 62, 63, 80, 81. The 100 prefix is missing. 

When do you think this dates from?

It didn’t have a date on it I want to assume was made for when they learned we made the play offs and made it on the fly. But I’m guessing was put together quickly as i found it between the 66 schedule and the 24/83. Btw this bus ends as a 71 

• 2 weeks later...

Changes to Route 78 be come in effect Sept 2018.

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/ViewDoc.asp?DocId=17012&SectionId=&InitUrl=

The 78 Cambridge will stay as is.

However the 78 Kenaston route will become 74 Kenaston Crosstown,

and be:

1) Rerouted through Bison and Waverley (South of Bishop Grandin) instead of Pembina.

2) Service to the  Outlet Collection of Winnipeg (with time connections with the 84)

3) Service to Tuxedo Business Park and Lowson Cresent during peak hours.

4) Service will be extended to 11 pm.

While riding the 78 Kenaston, I notice they are a lot of international students, who use the Pembina / University Cres bus spot and transfer onto the 78 Kenaston to travel to MITT on Henlow Bay. Once the new 74 service they will have to find a new way to get to MITT.

19 hours ago, trebor204 said:

Changes to Route 78 be come in effect Sept 2018.

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/ViewDoc.asp?DocId=17012&SectionId=&InitUrl=

The 78 Cambridge will stay as is.

However the 78 Kenaston route will become 74 Kenaston Crosstown,

and be:

1) Rerouted through Bison and Waverley (South of Bishop Grandin) instead of Pembina.

2) Service to the  Outlet Collection of Winnipeg (with time connections with the 84)

3) Service to Tuxedo Business Park and Lowson Cresent during peak hours.

4) Service will be extended to 11 pm.

While riding the 78 Kenaston, I notice they are a lot of international students, who use the Pembina / University Cres bus spot and transfer onto the 78 Kenaston to travel to MITT on Henlow Bay. Once the new 74 service they will have to find a new way to get to MITT.

As somebody who took the 78 Kenaston to go to MITT, I would find the new routing harder to transfer from the 162. I do think its needed as the 78 Kenaston has gotten quite bloated as it serves just about every retail development north of MITT. Note the 74 will still serve MITT. I like that the Tuxedo Business Park and Industrial Area will only be served during rush hour. Its not needed outside those hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:53 AM, DavidW said:

It has been announced that Greg Ewankiw has been appointed Director of Winnipeg Transit. He has been Acting Director since March 2017.

More than a year after previous director Dave Wardrop was promoted to the position of Chief Transportation and Utilities Officer

• 5 weeks later...