Transit Windsor

MaT

I noticed this morning that there's another yellow classic with the other 2 but this one's on the deadline..Any word if it's gonna be retired or if it's waiting for parts? Also which bus is it if it's possible?

I noticed this morning that there's another yellow classic with the other 2 but this one's on the deadline..Any word if it's gonna be retired or if it's waiting for parts? Also which bus is it if it's possible?

The classic at the side is #520 as it is waiting to be rebuilt as it has an bad engine fame. The other two classic's are #502 and 511 that are being used for parts. There will be no buses retired this year unless there is major problems with them.

There's a new white Classic. I say "new" as I do think it was recently refurbed...once was a yellow Classic.

This Classic was on a Red Wings special last night. The decal used for the White Classics was actually lower compared to the others...the ad racks are seen above the decal. Has anyone noticed this but me?

• 2 weeks later...

Also forgot to mention that one of the classics may be written off from a collision at Lauzon Pkwy and Forest Glade Drive. Also I found some of the older 70s new looks and an SW&A bus(Old look) at that junk dealer near Manning... I'd love to go buy some of those, restore them and move the transit museum to downtown with those in it lol. I can go get pics of them later if the guy isntaround and the guard dogs are still indoors lol. I don't know the number on the Old Look and one of the buses I saw there was 802. The place also has an ex-OC Transpo new look.

EDIT: Also I found out that the new D40LFs were actually going to be D40LFRs. :D According to the TW Planning Manager that I spoke with.

EDIT: Also I found out that the new D40LFs were actually going to be D40LFRs. :D According to the TW Planning Manager that I spoke with.

D40LFR's? In that case, perhaps those buses are going to be delievered late to Windsor maybe. If I'm guessing right, then perhaps the new buses for Burlington would also be D40LFR's.

But back to TW...so they will be getting D40LF's then?

I'm also intrigued noticing about the cancellations of the 2X and the 1CX to a PM service. This at least frees up about 3 to 4 buses overall. Would these express routes return in September or are they down for good? I'm guessing that if they are, then a couple extra buses and schedule improvements which would include an extra bus or two would make sense.

No they are not getting any buses. The buses WERE supposed to be LFRs. He said that he's hoping they can get a couple extra buses next year since they couldn't get any this year.

I saw that classic that got wrecked today in the north-east corner of the TW lot by the fence. It's a yellow classic and it has a large sheet covering the front of the bus where the damage was done. I think it's done.

I saw that classic that got wrecked today in the north-east corner of the TW lot by the fence. It's a yellow classic and it has a large sheet covering the front of the bus where the damage was done. I think it's done.

Saw that, it has a tarp covered that says "For Sale".

This is on Am800.

NEW BUSES 2007-05-10 07:19:40

Transit Windsor is hoping to get a new fleet of buses. It will submit a five-year plan to the province in hopes of getting nine buses in 2008 and six buses in each of the next four years. The province subsidizes 24 per cent of the $450,000 cost of each bus.

Also Denny Timm is on the transit board now, he also invited me to work with him on transit windsor related issues on the Mayor's Youth advisory Committee which I of course took advantage of.

YOUNG NEW BOARD MEMBER 2007-05-10 22:07:32

The Transit Windsor Board of Directors is getting younger. Denny Timm, a member of the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee, has been approved to sit on the board as a non-voting member.

Whatever happened to 406?

I ask as this was the only Transit Windsor bus I ever rode, back in the late 1980's, at the time it was on the tunnel route.

Even better does anyone have a photo of this bus that they would care to share?

• Root Admin

Whatever happened to 406?

I ask as this was the only Transit Windsor bus I ever rode, back in the late 1980's, at the time it was on the tunnel route.

Even better does anyone have a photo of this bus that they would care to share?

windsor406-downtown-oos1.jpg

All remaining Orion 1s (I think 406 was the only one alive when I was in Windsor for my first time) have retired from service... this is the only one that made it into the new livery...

windsor406-downtown-oos1.jpg

All remaining Orion 1s (I think 406 was the only one alive when I was in Windsor for my first time) have retired from service... this is the only one that made it into the new livery...

Number 406 was the first Transit Windsor bus the be painted in the white paint scheme, after the Transit Board saw it they approved the white paint scheme for all Transit Windsor buses from that time on.