401-435

Wpgtransit11-25

5 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

I don't exactly fault them in fairness. It's still a very odd sight to see out that way anyway. And whenever university gets to be back in session, that may be a reason for people to just use it over route 75 since it's "just another KP bus".

I thought they would've had "U of Manitoba" > "via SW Transitway" the other way but it just looks like a regular 60 otherwise.

The other thing I just thought about, it's still route 74(?)/75-style "U of Manitoba" as opposed to 78/BLUE style "University of Manitoba". Hmmm.

Here’s an idea for new route 47 signs:

image.png

4 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

No idea. I saw 978 on the blue yesterday and it didn't have a bike rack so idk if the 140-169 will get 

I believe now that if the 400 should be getting them then the 140s won’t but time will tell and I thought they still have the racks from when we bought the D60s maybe they will get them if they plan on using them on the blue line. And from what I heard the D60LF buses won’t get racks only the XD60 and the new 401-435 will 

3 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

I have to ask: why don't all buses have bike racks year-round? Other than maybe losing a tiny bit of fuel efficiency, I don't see any disadvantage to having them on.

It's my understanding that the bike racks increase the length of the buses which causes complications fitting them into the garages.

In summer some buses can be parked outside overnight.

The garages are laid out for 40-ft buses, typically several parked bumper to bumper, then a walking aisle, then several more buses, another aisle, and so on. It's so inflexible that 30 footers are usually parked with a ten-foot empty space behind them, and two artics are parked where three 40-footers would go.

I am told that the XD40s (and some of the later D40LFRs) are closer to 41 feet than 40 feet long, which also causes space issues in the garage.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, Isaac Williams said:

You're telling me when the older garages were built, they built them to exactly 40 feet, with no extra space (not even 3 inches).

Everything about Winnipeg Transit... The garage geometry, route headways, driver scheduling, and absolutely everything else strongly suggests that they chose saving ten cents over reliability, safety, courtesy, customer service, employee relations, resilience, flexibility, and/or any and every other goal known to man. 

It doesn't surprise me in the least that garages are so tight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

Any bus can be on any route I have seen big buses on the tight 88 route before 

Farthest east I’ve ridden that one is Main but I can see any bus longer than 30 feet having issues with the Rosh Pina turnaround. I’ve ridden 40-footers on both the 1 and 2 and while the 1 had no issues, the right turn from EB Broadway to SB Garry on the 2 was difficult. What can dispatch do to ensure the 88, DARTs, etc. only get D30LFs and how do 40-footers end up on traditional 30-foot routes such as 1 and 2 anyway?

57 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Farthest east I’ve ridden that one is Main but I can see any bus longer than 30 feet having issues with the Rosh Pina turnaround. I’ve ridden 40-footers on both the 1 and 2 and while the 1 had no issues, the right turn from EB Broadway to SB Garry on the 2 was difficult. What can dispatch do to ensure the 88, DARTs, etc. only get D30LFs and how do 40-footers end up on traditional 30-foot routes such as 1 and 2 anyway?

Not enough buses and not dispatch them to the 88 and darts 

Haven't ridden a new 400 series yet. Do they have vinyl seats? I think all buses should go back to the vinyl seats because it helps reduce chances that a bed bug will transfer from a persons clothing onto a seat and then onto someone else.

1 hour ago, LilZebra said:

Haven't ridden a new 400 series yet. Do they have vinyl seats? I think all buses should go back to the vinyl seats because it helps reduce chances that a bed bug will transfer from a persons clothing onto a seat and then onto someone else.

Like the seats in the 300's (and all the other buses from 2017 onwards)? I assume so. I wish they would use whatever seats the Ex-CT buses use, or the seats the Ex-OC buses use. Is Winnipeg the only agency that doesn't have good seats on first-hand buses?

46 minutes ago, Isaac Williams said:

Like the seats in the 300's (and all the other buses from 2017 onwards)? I assume so. I wish they would use whatever seats the Ex-CT buses use, or the seats the Ex-OC buses use. Is Winnipeg the only agency that doesn't have good seats on first-hand buses?

Those seats on the ex-Calgary buses are the best. More than I can say for their engines!

6 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

Not only do the Ex-CT and Ex-OC buses have the best seats, but they have they best engines too (with the exception of 649 and 659).

Those engines sound like tractors lol and sad thing about the comfy seats is some ass will come and slash them cause there bored 

• Sad 1