Misc. OC Transpo & STO Questions & Discussion

SMS

Thanks. I'm gonna end up walking anyways. My proposed arrival time is 5:40am and I'm gonna end up needing food : :D

My proposed plan so far is taking the 7 to St. Laurent, browse and take photos there, and then head over to Hurdman. After that is unknown so far.

That is a very scenic ride, I highly recommending that. Though it's even better if you happen to get a D40.

Basically stay away from any of the local routes serving just the suburbs (Barrhaven, Riverside South, Kanata, Orleans). 118 and 125 are fine for getting back in from Kanata and Orleans respectively if you want to visit those Transitway stations. My favourite routes are the ones operating along Rideau St. because they are among the oldest routes OC Transpo operates (1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 date back to the streetcar era) and they also serve some of Ottawa's nicest communities. :P

Basically stay away from any of the local routes serving just the suburbs (Barrhaven, Riverside South, Kanata, Orleans). 118 and 125 are fine for getting back in from Kanata and Orleans respectively if you want to visit those Transitway stations. My favourite routes are the ones operating along Rideau St. because they are among the oldest routes OC Transpo operates (1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 date back to the streetcar era) and they also serve some of Ottawa's nicest communities. :lol:
The 6 by it's self was never a streetcar route :lol:

The routing is what I am talking about, even when we still had streetcars, it was the "Carling Bus".

However the 7 was a streetcar route until it crosses the Rideau River. I would also say the 1 doesn't really count because the majority of it's routing is where streetcars never ran, however north of Senica it follows the Bank Streetcar except through bytown. (The Bank went down Cobourg, just like the 7 does)

• 2 weeks later...
Can the pink ($1.00) tickets still be traded in for yellow ($1.15) tickets?
Tickets don't expire for trade in at cash value. Though I don't know why would you would want to trade them in.
Im doing a project at school for Transportation tech and I need info about the EZ Rider than ran for OCTranspo and I also need some pics if I can.

Thanks

Andrew

It was junk, I afaik I was the only person who rode it. The driver was given a supervisors radio handset and it had an automated announcement system that didn't even call out the correct stop.

I personally didn't like that bus.

As for photos, you have my permission to use this photo ONLY for your school project.

P7010034.JPG

While I was talking to some of the guys in Countdown, we were discussing that OC Transpo should remove some double seats to single seats (like on TTC buses) on the buses, so that they can accommodate more people by encouraging them to stand, which takes up less room. I believe this is perfect for those rush hour days when the 95 is packed. What are your views on this, and do you think this should be done?

Tickets don't expire for trade in at cash value. Though I don't know why would you would want to trade them in.

It was junk, I afaik I was the only person who rode it. The driver was given a supervisors radio handset and it had an automated announcement system that didn't even call out the correct stop.

I personally didn't like that bus.

As for photos, you have my permission to use this photo ONLY for your school project.

P7010034.JPG

I believe he was talking about the one that OC retired in the 90's. 9751. Not the demo from last year.

While I was talking to some of the guys in Countdown, we were discussing that OC Transpo should remove some double seats to single seats (like on TTC buses) on the buses, so that they can accommodate more people by encouraging them to stand, which takes up less room. I believe this is perfect for those rush hour days when the 95 is packed. What are your views on this, and do you think this should be done?

Completely agree. That's one thing I love about the TTC, actually. Of course, it would never fly in this town of self-entitlement. I can hear the cries now, "what, I have to stand?!"

Completely agree. That's one thing I love about the TTC, actually. Of course, it would never fly in this town of self-entitlement. I can hear the cries now, "what, I have to stand?!"
Yeah, it wouldn't last long, considering our City Council only looks at the seating capacity of the bus as the capacity of the entire bus.
sorry im doing 9751. I got to be more specific by what i mean. but i think i can use both for extra marks. EZ Rider back then. EZ Rider today.

thanks

Whoops, well now you got more info :)

Anyway on a unrelated note, I found a ex-First Bus Para Transpo E450 parked in Winchester today, no photo since I left my camera at home.

I was watch CJOH News and there was a story about the STO.Apparently the STO are going to add 15 new buses that are Wheel chair Accessable(Aren't all STO Novabuses Wheel Chair accessable :) ) Anyway from the news clip they showed this passenger roll onto the bus by the froont door. According to the clip it stated 4 routyes will accessabledon't recall the routes but I think one was 37 and I think I heard 300's being mentioned but could be mistaken, anyway I'm not sure if the 09xx series Novabus have the ramp by the front door, but I know the other STO LFS have the ramp in the rear.

I was watch CJOH News and there was a story about the STO.Apparently the STO are going to add 15 new buses that are Wheel chair Accessable(Aren't all STO Novabuses Wheel Chair accessable :) ) Anyway from the news clip they showed this passenger roll onto the bus by the froont door. According to the clip it stated 4 routyes will accessabledon't recall the routes but I think one was 37 and I think I heard 300's being mentioned but could be mistaken, anyway I'm not sure if the 09xx series Novabus have the ramp by the front door, but I know the other STO LFS have the ramp in the rear.

It's the 3rd gens that are accessible. It was mentioned here before.

15 buses = third gens

The 2nd gens aren't accessible because STO disabled the ramps on them due to high maintenance.

This has already been mentioned somewhere on the board here.

I'm not sure when these buttons came out, but today at work while I was Blowing the leaves off the grass and parking lot at work at the pool I work at oon the weekend I found a bag of these OC Bus buttons(about 40-50). Anyway I'm not sure when these came out(I didn't even know the exsited? :) Attached is a photo of what they look like.

Anyways I'll be given them away free. If you want one they'l be available at Rail Fair(wekend of OCT 17/18 at Algonquin College Woodroffe Campus at the Fares Please Booth.(You'kll also find buses being sold there as well mainly British buut some US buses as well).

TOM :P

scan0001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know art one time Voyageur ran a shuttle service between the Bus Terminal ansd Gatneau/Hull, Kanata TownCenter & Orleans?

Well if you go to the General MotorCoach Disscussion Section of the Forum, see Greyhounds Affilates and then Select Voyageur you'l see a thread I have with Schedules near the last post.