CT Big Buses on Shuttle Pieces of Work

Gsgeek540

I love the excitement of a Calgary Transit Out of Ordinary Spotting. For those users that know my career, they would know and understand how many times, i unintentionally contributed to several out of ordinary spotting’s.

Given how regularly (at this point) Big Buses are used on shuttle pieces of work, i have created this topic, so we can separate what is truly out of the ordinary from what is becoming the norm.

The other excitement of Out of Ordinary spotting’s is actually seeing them....and not seeing them on Transit55. With all due to respect to member “1604”, i hope that all posts can be “authentic” and not scouted from Transit55.

Thank you to the handful of long time Calgary members for the discussion and your in site on this topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

100% agreed... In particular regarding the Transit55 comment. As fantastic and useful of an app as it is, as far as its long term impact on the community goes, it sort of took out the challenge, excitement, and adventure aspects of the hobby that we longtime members all remember and love from our childhoods. Which is a reason I generally don't use the app much myself, and almost never posted my Transit55 sightings on the board unless I saw it in person. Anyway, that's another topic.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Nick B said:

100% agreed... In particular regarding the Transit55 comment. As fantastic and useful of an app as it is, as far as its long term impact on the community goes, it sort of took out the challenge, excitement, and adventure aspects of the hobby that we longtime members all remember and love from our childhoods. Which is a reason I generally don't use the app much myself, and almost never posted my Transit55 sightings on the board unless I saw it in person. Anyway, that's another topic.

I cheated with Winnipegs BusTXT when it came to the last MCI Classics and D40s, gotta admit ?

But ever since i moved here, i barely ever use Transit55.

1 hour ago, vicinity said:

8006 on the 111 today! Certainly interesting to see that on a Saturday !

Sure is!  The ridership on the 111 isn’t the best on weekends.

Interesting part is that 8006 has been on the 111 before on a “out of ordinary spotting”, that time as a VP run as the normal VP operator didn’t show up that afternoon.

B07F7BB9-3B39-4E78-BE36-2C5FAED0573C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...