Edmonton BBC's

captaintrolley

• 2 months later...
I wonder if there is a BBC plate in there? Dale would still like to have one.
lol i know he would as would i. heh.

Yes, TRAMS is willing to buy a BBC plate for #132, if anyone has one for sale. <_< In the meantime, we're just using a GMC plate.

Two years since the last trolley drove on Edmonton streets.

Excuse me while I get sick(er). <_<

And before you ask...yes, I wore BLACK today.

You guys should start an annual tradition from next year on: host a formal funeral at a symbollically significant former trolley loop, or an intersection used to be served by most amounts of trolley routes, as a form of symbolic or peaceful protest! I am sure there are lots of Edmontonians, not limited to transit hobbyists, who share the sentiments over the loss of the trolleybus system! I think this would be an interesting way to raise awareness among Edmontonians over the fact that the city may have spent countless amounts of money, time and effort into concealing evidence suggesting the existence of an extensive trolleybus system that once existed in Edmonton, but public commemorations will ensure the history is preserved and the memories live on!

Dave

You guys should start an annual tradition from next year on: host a formal funeral at a symbolically significant former trolley loop, or an intersection used to be served by most amounts of trolley routes, as a form of symbolic or peaceful protest! I am sure there are lots of Edmontonians, not limited to transit hobbyists, who share the sentiments over the loss of the trolleybus system! I think this would be an interesting way to raise awareness among Edmontonians over the fact that the city may have spent countless amounts of money, time and effort into concealing evidence suggesting the existence of an extensive trolleybus system that once existed in Edmonton, but public commemorations will ensure the history is preserved and the memories live on!

Dave

Hopefully next year this time I won't be living in Edmonton.

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how hard they try, they can never eliminate all evidence of trolleys.

You guys should start an annual tradition from next year on: host a formal funeral at a symbollically significant former trolley loop, or an intersection used to be served by most amounts of trolley routes, as a form of symbolic or peaceful protest! I am sure there are lots of Edmontonians, not limited to transit hobbyists, who share the sentiments over the loss of the trolleybus system! I think this would be an interesting way to raise awareness among Edmontonians over the fact that the city may have spent countless amounts of money, time and effort into concealing evidence suggesting the existence of an extensive trolleybus system that once existed in Edmonton, but public commemorations will ensure the history is preserved and the memories live on!

Dave

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple photos from May 1st and 2nd, 2009 the final two days of electric trolley bus operations in Edmonton.

#198 returning to Westwood Garage in the early evening of Friday May 1st, 2009. This would be it's final run.

ets_198-3.jpg

#195 crossing Stony Plain Road arriving at Jasper Place working as the final GM-BBC to run in service. This was taken Saturday May 2nd, 2009

ets_195-6.jpg

She'd be even happier if she were under Seashore's wires instead of tucked into the parking lot.

Though Seashore is extending their trolleybus wire so hopefully by October, 125 will be running under wires, though it has operated since it arrived there.

Thanks, please do. 125 looks so happy in her new home.

152 was actually the final BBC in service. If everything had gone according to plan, then 195 would have been the last BBC, since it was running in tandem with 202. 152 however, did not get changed over at Cromdale like the other buses did, and did one final trip out to Jasper Place after everything else had gone back, and arrived at Westwood after 202 and 195.

#195 crossing Stony Plain Road arriving at Jasper Place working as the final GM-BBC to run in service. This was taken Saturday May 2nd, 2009

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...