2012 Novabus LFS #'s 8181-8200

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to drive one of this batch today, Had 8199 on the 300 and found it quite nice to drive.

Do the 4 way flashers come on and stay on every time the bus kneeled? I found that to be one of the differences compared to the earlier Novas. Some of those newer Novas also had speedos in mph last signup.

Do the 4 way flashers come on and stay on every time the bus kneeled? I found that to be one of the differences compared to the earlier Novas. Some of those newer Novas also had speedos in mph last signup.

Yes to both questions. Both of those issues were discussed when the buses first arrived. As a result, these buses are not supposed to be assigned to a route that services 7 avenue. As far as i know, all MPH meters were changed before the end of last signup...atleast the 4 i spotted with them had been changed over.

Yes to both questions. Both of those issues were discussed when the buses first arrived. As a result, these buses are not supposed to be assigned to a route that services 7 avenue. As far as i know, all MPH meters were changed before the end of last signup...atleast the 4 i spotted with them had been changed over.

The 5 Nova's out of the batch from 8181-8200 that I have driven over the past 1.5 months, all still put the hazard lights flashers when the ramp, or kneeler is activated...

The 5 Nova's out of the batch from 8181-8200 that I have driven over the past 1.5 months, all still put the hazard lights flashers when the ramp, or kneeler is activated...

Which is why all the new novas are not supposed to be assigned to routes that service 7 avenue, as our rulebook prohibits use of four ways on the avenue. Diesel was unable to find a fix for the issue, as per spring gardens foreman at "transit talk"

• 1 month later...

Surprised this hasn't come up, but when I took the #300 to the airport a couple of weeks ago, I noticed something in the front of bus #8198 that looked like a electronic next stop sign. It was covering the original next stop sign. It wasn't powered on though.

Here's a pic, sorry for the poor quality:

7b13.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 3 weeks later...

July 9th spotting 8196 8188

8196 Rte. 100

8188 on a BRT 300 have a couple things before I would have to catch my flight

Why do you keep posting the same things again and again? This is the third time I have seen this info now.....

• 3 weeks later...

#8193 was on Route 9 today, which I would guess has to be pretty out of the ordinary, as the 2012 Novas are normally not allowed on 7th Avenue due to the 4-way blinkers coming on when kneeling.

Photos taken in front of 4th Street W station:

HCzpb0hh.jpg

0eNuP7Kh.jpg

#8193 was on Route 9 today, which I would guess has to be pretty out of the ordinary, as the 2012 Novas are normally not allowed on 7th Avenue due to the 4-way blinkers coming on when kneeling.

It was discussed but at the end of the day, nothing ever officially came out of it.