Vintage TTC and GTA transit system photos thread

FlyerD901

I absolutely LOVE that D900 shot!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the ones that was retrofitted with power steering a few months before retirement. Also by the looks of it, this particular example was doing a 5C West Hamilton or 51 University.

I absolutely LOVE that D900 shot!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the ones that was retrofitted with power steering a few months before retirement. Also by the looks of it, this particular example was doing a 5C West Hamilton or 51 University.

I have to dig around and find the front end photo I got that day. I remember it was bitter cold that day and I just managed to catch her as I was leaving Jackson Square.

Did someone say HSR?

HSR 7927 Gore Park 4-92 - RGH.jpg

DUH-Here's the photo!

Great shot, what year was this?

IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0009.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0017.jpg

The Niagara Transit bus photo was sent to me by a nice staffer at Niagara Transit back in 1996, photographer unknown. The Gray Coach bus is a A. Holt photo at Lakeshore Garage.

I absolutely LOVE that D900 shot!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this one of the ones that was retrofitted with power steering a few months before retirement.

All HSR D900 buses were retrofitted with power assist steering. Even though they were easier to turn, it was still about 6 revolutions to go from left lock to right lock.

• 2 weeks later...

'tis the season..................... presenting someXmas bus shots

apologies if I've posted these here before...............

To all that celebrate, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

(all photos here between 55 and 62 and all are TTC photo library-except colour 19A which is postcard no photog identified)

19A CHURCH signed "Bloor-King" posed at the old Davenport Bus Loop(Postcard scan)

AVENUE RD 5 bus NB University @ Wellesley signed "Queen's Pk/Eglinton"

34A EGLINTON EAST signed "Danforth Rd./Subway" close up WB Eglinton Sq.

15C old BRIMLEY route SB on Brimley crossing Eglinton-signed "Churchill Hts/Luttrell"

25A DON MILLS "York Mills/Subway" EB Eg near Laird bus #1160

BERRY RD. 13 route - bus#1594 SB Prince Edward just south of Bloor-signed "Humber/Bloor"

BATHURST 7 signed "Sheppard/StClair" posed at Ex

Some more TTC shots from the past

I bought these 4x7's from a vendor table at the Brantford Model Train Show last June for $9 each(plus tax!!!)

I just bought a scanner so I can show them to you all

pretty expensive but nice photos. I'm sorry but these did not come with dates but I assume the 80's sometime

see what you think guys?

All of MY photos. Taken from the web and rescanned. Who was the seller?

Correction, these were taken from my Flickr page...

I got them June 3rd I think at the Brantford show/meet from a couple guys who were from Langton ON I think? It was Mindlemen or Minderman trains, trnaist and hobbies... something like that..it was a long time ago to remember..

I bought close to 60 ttc shots off them - if I recall correctly I spent around 700bucks although I did also get some ttc pocket timetables from them, also a May 1959 and May 1,1964 route maps and a handful of Headlights brochures. Some photos had photographers names and locations on them and a lot did not. I just scan and post what I have.

Here are some more of the photos...do you think these were taken by you also? Somebody else here posted some B&W xmas bus shots that I bought off these guys also so I won't re-post those for you

Chheck these out....

Also you sound upset? Did you not sell photos over the years? If the photos are posted on the 'net somewhere they will end up all over the place so that cannot be it, or are you inferring people have had prints made off the net and you didn't get paid for it? or do you want to buy photos off these guys?

If you are TTC photographer or employee do you have TTC stuff for sale? I have been collecting for over 30 years and collect TTC photos(nothing more recent than the 80's), pocket bus timetables, route maps of all eras, Headlights, Coupler, internal documents such as commission meetings for new routes/maps etc and also same for Gary Coach.

Please let me know as I am always buying!@ Thanks

I got them June 3rd I think at the Brantford show/meet from a couple guys who were from Langton ON I think? It was Mindlemen or Minderman trains, trnaist and hobbies... something like that..it was a long time ago to remember..

I bought close to 60 ttc shots off them - if I recall correctly I spent around 700bucks although I did also get some ttc pocket timetables from them, also a May 1959 and May 1,1964 route maps and a handful of Headlights brochures. Some photos had photographers names and locations on them and a lot did not. I just scan and post what I have.

Here are some more of the photos...do you think these were taken by you also? Somebody else here posted some B&W xmas bus shots that I bought off these guys also so I won't re-post those for you

Chheck these out....

Also you sound upset? Did you not sell photos over the years? If the photos are posted on the 'net somewhere they will end up all over the place so that cannot be it, or are you inferring people have had prints made off the net and you didn't get paid for it? or do you want to buy photos off these guys?

If you are TTC photographer or employee do you have TTC stuff for sale? I have been collecting for over 30 years and collect TTC photos(nothing more recent than the 80's), pocket bus timetables, route maps of all eras, Headlights, Coupler, internal documents such as commission meetings for new routes/maps etc and also same for Gary Coach.

Please let me know as I am always buying!@ Thanks

Nice shots. TTC 3504 looks to be westbound on Finch just before Weston Rd.

Sounds like some were taken off Bob's Flickr page without permission, printed out and resold. Not the sort of thing an honest photo seller or slide trader would be doing.

Since this is the Vintage page, here's some shots of the old TTC Dufferin Loop area from the CofT Archives:

DUFFERIN1.jpgDUFFERIN2.jpg

Nice shots. TTC 3504 looks to be westbound on Finch just before Weston Rd.

Sounds like some were taken off Bob's Flickr page without permission, printed out and resold. Not the sort of thing an honest photo seller or slide trader would be doing.

Since this is the Vintage page, here's some shots of the old TTC Dufferin Loop area from the CofT Archives:

DUFFERIN1.jpgDUFFERIN2.jpg

nice shots!

you may be right about photos resold- totally BS but it happens all the time. I have found that certain 'honest' sellers sell dupes and in a lot of case, I but the actual slide

but the seller has made a pile of 8x10 prints and sold those also. Not exactly dishonest but it happens all the time. I think I have bought a great rare photo and 3 of my friends also have the same photo!!!!

I don't know who Bob is but he has some nice shots.... Where is his flicker page to have a look at what else he has????

also, do you know, or does anybody know where the WILSON bus 3356 is in the photo above????

nice shots!

you may be right about photos resold- totally BS but it happens all the time. I have found that certain 'honest' sellers sell dupes and in a lot of case, I but the actual slide

but the seller has made a pile of 8x10 prints and sold those also. Not exactly dishonest but it happens all the time. I think I have bought a great rare photo and 3 of my friends also have the same photo!!!!

I don't know who Bob is but he has some nice shots.... Where is his flicker page to have a look at what else he has????

also, do you know, or does anybody know where the WILSON bus 3356 is in the photo above????

If you mean 3386 it looks like Glen Echo loop.