TTC Application Process

ericgu22

happy new year to u too! for me it took them about a week and a half after the interview date. two days after the interview, my references were contacted. once everything is good they will let u know right away. i was emailed with the result. definitely let them know u are going on vacay that week. hope this helps ?

Thanks! It does just wanted an " idea" of how things are working now as the approach has changed a bit it seems, when your ref were contact 2 days after was your current position ref called? I'm kinda worried about that lol - info session said they will contact current employeer last and close to the end, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm asking him for a reference lol

Thanks! It does just wanted an " idea" of how things are working now as the approach has changed a bit it seems, when your ref were contact 2 days after was your current position ref called? I'm kinda worried about that lol - info session said they will contact current employeer last and close to the end, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm asking him for a reference lol

Just out of curiosity, did you book your trip before or after you received your interview date?

If your trip is a week long I wouldn't stress it. leave your voice mail inbox clean and call it every night to check the the status of it, return the call at your disposal. Even if it's gonna cost you $5/min

That's the plan :)

Just out of curiosity, did you book your trip before or after you received your interview date?

After- I booked it once I knew the weeks my husband got from his vacation selection- I totally wasn't thinking it was more of a whoo hoo finally a vacation!

After- I booked it once I knew the weeks my husband got from his vacation selection- I totally wasn't thinking it was more of a whoo hoo finally a vacation!

- your right I can't base on a hunch, just looking for what the candidates still in process were told so I can get an idea of how things are working now, my husbands an operator so I'm familiar with what happens and when it's just now things are a bit different in timing and sequence.

It won't be an issue. Just advise your recruiter.

Does TTC ALWAYS contact your references before they say whether you passed the interview or not? I think I should get a call this week. Just wondering cause they said they would like it if I have my references emails. So during the interview my interviewer told me that after I pass the interview they would like to have the emails.....

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while now and finally got accepted by the moderators. Here is my run-down on my application process:

January 3 2013 - Applied via e-mail

August 19 2013 - Applied via web-site

March 11 2014 - Contacted by HR for TTC Information Session

March 25 2014 - TTC Information Session

May 30 2014 - Contacted for Transit Operator Interview

August 19 2014 - Transit Operator Interview

September 15 2014 - Contacted for Conditional Offer

September 29 2014 - Conditional offer signing

Ocotober 6 2014 - TTC Medical

December 2 2014 - Contacted for TTC Documentation

December 10 2014 - TTC Documentation/Fitting of new uniforms

*Now I'm currently waiting for the call to determine my start date, mode, and division.

Good Luck to the rest of you!

LOL, I know this was a looooong time ago, but do you know when TTC told you that you passed the interview? Was that the same day you got contacted for conditional?

Hello to the helpful people on this forum. Learned a lot of things from reading informative posts.

I did my Conditional signing on December 4 and still waiting for Police clearance. Anyone else still waiting since December 4?

Happy New Years to all!

I did my conditional signing since Oct.31 and still waiting for my Police clearance. Expect a long wait. Good Luck!

People say that you it should only take one moth max for HR to tell you if you passed the interview or not. I got a call at like 2:00pm in the afternoon and my wife didn't pick it up. Could it have been TTC? My interview was about a month ago, so I'm not to sure whats happening with me.

Formal shirt and pants was what I wore for conditional.

Thanks man, I'll do the same then.

Hi all . Day -1 in training. Lots of things to do . All instructor r so good and helpful. I heard they said that until July 13 All schedulr booked . Every Monday it will start about 14 people. Wow great number best of luck to all

Geez!!! That's so far!!! Oh well, I'm happy to be in anyway.

People say that you it should only take one moth max for HR to tell you if you passed the interview or not. I got a call at like 2:00pm in the afternoon and my wife didn't pick it up. Could it have been TTC? My interview was about a month ago, so I'm not to sure whats happening with me.

Was it a 416-393 number? If it was it was most likely TTC.

Hey guys. Just thought I would post my full timeline to give you guys an idea what the current process is like. Some dates will be vague. This is intentional.

Here you go:

Applied online Oct 2013

Seminar Jan 2014

E-mail for interview March 2014

Interview June 2014

Conditional August 2014

Medical/Police Sept 2014

References Oct 2014

Documentation Nov 2014

Training Jan 2015

I hope that helps some of you with figuring out how long each step of the process will take. Of course everyone is different so keep at it and you will get to where you need to be!

Which division?

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

Ohh God! After waitting these many years to get call from TTC! :(

Ohh God! After waitting these many years to get call from TTC! :(

I don't believe it. Two points, they will not hire just for a 2 week games. Its cheaper to pay OT then hire someone.

Training an op is a 10k investment. They won't make that investment just to lay off.

We also agreed on vacation cuts for those weeks the games are on. With current man power it won't be an issue.

I'm calling BS on this. No need for TTC to force an agreement on anyone. If they are going to layoff, they will simply give notice( i believe it is 30 days) to the union prior to the date and proceed, having said that, TTC would do right to inform new hires that a layoff may occur(at any time) when they are first interviewed, as well as the layoff recall procedures as per CBA. Alternately, waiting until the last minute would be completely counterproductive to the expense, time and effort required and expended to train said new operators.