TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Anybody received call for documentation since oct 10 conditional offer?

I got the call on monday for today's documentation.

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

This is not true. So behappy.

Attended the documentation session today. Got the call for documentation on 5th January.

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

Attended the documentation session today. This is not true.

I had my interview on 15th of Dec . I just got a rejection letter few days ago. They told me not to apply within 1 year.

I don't know if they meant from the day I got the rejection letter or from the date I submit my resume. Thanks

Thx bettc and mani565, just one more question, did u guys called ur recruiter or u just waited out

I emailed him and inquire in december. Got positive reply.

I had my interview on 15th of Dec . I just got a rejection letter few days ago. They told me not to apply within 1 year.

I don't know if they meant from the day I got the rejection letter or from the date I submit my resume. Thanks

I believe it starts from the date on rejection letter.

did anybody here had or having a problem or waiting for a cery long period of time for their police clearance form to come? if so, did u call someone or just waited it out? thnx

I waited for 8 weeks, then sent an inquiry email to ReferenceCheckProgram@torontopolice.on.ca. They told me to come to their 40 College Street office to collect a copy of Police Clearance Letter.

I would suggest you to send an inquiry email right away to know the status of your application.

did anybody here had or having a problem or waiting for a cery long period of time for their police clearance form to come? if so, did u call someone or just waited it out? thnx

I was at the toronto police service hq today to inquire about my clearance letter status. I was told it was mailed out yeaterday. I did my conditional in mid November. The tps website says it takes 2 weeks to get a clearance letter, but I would assume they take their time with ttc applicants because they know they can.

I was at the toronto police service hq today to inquire about my clearance letter status. I was told it was mailed out yeaterday. I did my conditional in mid November. The tps website says it takes 2 weeks to get a clearance letter, but I would assume they take their time with ttc applicants because they know they can.

That's what they told me. They mailed my PC letter within two weeks via Canada Post but I never got it. They said they never got it back as undelivered so I was told to come to their college street office to collect another copy.

i did my conditional end of October. Emailed the police clearance people last week and I was told that they would work on it after the holidays. Im confused cuz u got yours mailed to u and U did urs form after me.

I waited for 8 weeks, then sent an inquiry email to ReferenceCheckProgram@torontopolice.on.ca. They told me to come to their 40 College Street office to collect a copy of Police Clearance Letter.

I would suggest you to send an inquiry email right away to know the status of your application.

Thnx for the advice. I did emailed them last week. They said they got my application form and they would work on it after the holidays. Just curious why its taking this too long.

thanks mani555, beefcake and Azrie28 for CIR discussion,

I did conditional offer on Dec 9th,

and now been 4 weeks waiting for CIR. I called the "hotline" for TPS CIR updates on Monday,

it says (a recorded message) they are currently working on those received on Dec 30.

Having said that, and your responses here, I think I will email ASAP and see whats up.

Wishing everyone good luck, keep up the discussions and questions, this is a great

way for us all to share our waiting periods and time frames :-)

Hello to the helpful people on this forum. Learned a lot of things from reading informative posts.

I did my Conditional signing on December 4 and still waiting for Police clearance. Anyone else still waiting since December 4?

Happy New Years to all!

yes, I am same as you. I signed the day after you. I am emailing TPS today. I will post the outcome.

Sorry to hear this, don't get discouaged, persistance pays.

It's beneficial to call your interviewer and ask for feed back.

It will help you understand where your weakness(es) were and

you can better prepare your answers for next year. Also, use

Google for examples of questions/answers of transit operators,

large vehicle drivers and customer service "STAR" interviews, of which,

can help you draw on personal experiences from memory, to pull answers

and scenerios out of your own experiences and

prepare for some great personal examples.

Good luck, you can do it! :-)

It's my understanding, the 1yr anniversary date is the date of

you interview.

Cheers

Sorry to hear this, don't get discouaged, persistance pays.

It's beneficial to call your interviewer and ask for feed back.

It will help you understand where your weakness(es) were and

you can better prepare your answers for next year. Also, use

Google for examples of questions/answers of transit operators,

large vehicle drivers and customer service "STAR" interviews, of which,

can help you draw on personal experiences from memory, to pull answers

and scenerios out of your own experiences and

prepare for some great personal examples.

Good luck, you can do it! :-)

It's my understanding, the 1yr anniversary date is the date of

you interview.

Cheers

Thanks for your encouragement . I dont want to give up. I just bad at interview . I got so nervous and forgot alot of things that I have practiced before.

Sorry to hear you didn't do well. Hopefully next time will be your time. Things happen for a reason.

If you find out why you weren't successful perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing here so those of us waiting for an interview may be able to prepare better. I to am nervous, I haven't had an interview in over 10 years.