TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I was at the toronto police service hq today to inquire about my clearance letter status. I was told it was mailed out yeaterday. I did my conditional in mid November. The tps website says it takes 2 weeks to get a clearance letter, but I would assume they take their time with ttc applicants because they know they can.

Sure enough the letter arrived in the mail today. If someone could help me out; I lost the form that had the instructions for when the clearance letter is receieved. All I have to do is scan an email a copy to my recruitment/hr representative, right? I remember the person I am supposed to email and I already have their email address on file. If anyone could confirm that or provide me with anu additional details/help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and goodluck with the process.

Sure enough the letter arrived in the mail today. If someone could help me out; I lost the form that had the instructions for when the clearance letter is receieved. All I have to do is scan an email a copy to my recruitment/hr representative, right? I remember the person I am supposed to email and I already have their email address on file. If anyone could confirm that or provide me with anu additional details/help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and goodluck with the process.

I did my on October and yes you are right about emailing it to your recruiter. We were told the same as you to scan it and email it. When documentation comes we should take original with us. That was the instruction given to our team.

I did my on October and yes you are right about emailing it to your recruiter. We were told the same as you to scan it and email it. When documentation comes we should take original with us. That was the instruction given to our team.

Thanks for responding I appreciate it. I thought they said something about scanning it. Like an idiot I lost the folder that contained all my forms for/from enrollment/recruitment. Thanks to this form (its a blessing-really helps put the process in perspective and helps me stay patient) and thank you for your response. Seems like a great career with a wide array of opportunities, cant wait to get started.

After how many days after you finished training do they provide you with a start date? And how many routes do they expect you to memorize. Someone told me it was 5. And do they show you the routes during training? I don't know, just asked this question cause of curiosity :mellow:

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

Jesus Christ dude you don't need to scare half the people on this forum <_<

After how many days after you finished training do they provide you with a start date? And how many routes do they expect you to memorize. Someone told me it was 5. And do they show you the routes during training? [/size]I don't[/size] know, just asked this question cause of curiosity :mellow:

The day you start training is your start date.

After how many days after you finished training do they provide you with a start date? And how many routes do they expect you to memorize. Someone told me it was 5. And do they show you the routes during training? I don't know, just asked this question cause of curiosity :mellow:

Jesus Christ dude you don't need to scare half the people on this forum <_<

Put it this way... bus training is 25 days. Days 22-24 are with a divisional trainer in service, day 25 is final TTC test. Day 26 your on your own on any possible route at any time.

Put it this way... bus training is 25 days. Days 22-24 are with a divisional trainer in service, day 25 is final TTC test. Day 26 your on your own on any possible route at any time.

Is there a written test or just a regular driving test ?Also does having BZ make the training process quicker ? I mean I know you still have to do a month of training....

Day 26, 27 and 28 are learning all the routes well that's how it is at Queensway you're not on your own till day 29. Also the only thing different about having a BZ is Everyone else does ministry tests while you just do ttc photocopied test. You don't need to fill out any ministry paperwork and you don't need to go to the ministry to have your license upgraded, oh and the best part of all you can sleep with your eyes open through all the boring air brake days. Other than that everything else is the same.

You still need to pass a ministry grade test for the C license on day 16 even though it means nothing to your license.

Thanks for responding I appreciate it. I thought they said something about scanning it. Like an idiot I lost the folder that contained all my forms for/from enrollment/recruitment. Thanks to this form (its a blessing-really helps put the process in perspective and helps me stay patient) and thank you for your response. Seems like a great career with a wide array of opportunities, cant wait to get started.

You welcome

Day 26, 27 and 28 are learning all the routes well that's how it is at Queensway you're not on your own till day 29. Also the only thing different about having a BZ is Everyone else does ministry tests while you just do ttc photocopied test. You don't need to fill out any ministry paperwork and you don't need to go to the ministry to have your license upgraded, oh and the best part of all you can sleep with your eyes open through all the boring air brake days. Other than that everything else is the same.

You still need to pass a ministry grade test for the C license on day 16 even though it means nothing to your license.

Yes forgot about the route orientation they are doing now but they are trying to cut that back as well.

Does TTC ALWAYS contact your references before they say whether you passed the interview or not? I think I should get a call this week. Just wondering cause they said they would like it if I have my references emails. So during the interview my interviewer told me that after I pass the interview they would like to have the emails.....

LOL, I know this was a looooong time ago, but do you know when TTC told you that you passed the interview? Was that the same day you got contacted for conditional?

Yeah I was informed the day I got contacted for the conditional offer.

On another note, I got a call this morning at around 8:45am from the TTC. I missed the call and later listened to my voicemail which stated I would be training on January 26th. I called my recruiter back and she didn't get the phone so I left a message on her voicemail. She later returned my call 2 hours later stating I have a new training date which will be Feb. 2nd for Subway as my mode. My original mode on the 26th would of been streetcar. I'm actually very excited for this opportunity and can't wait to start. My advice to everyone else is to just be patient and wait it out. You cannot forecast what will happen next and what you will be doing as you see circumstances can change at any given instance.

On another note, I got a call this morning at around 8:45am from the TTC. I missed the call and later listened to my voicemail which stated I would be training on January 26th. I called my recruiter back and she didn't get the phone so I left a message on her voicemail. She later returned my call 2 hours later stating I have a new training date which will be Feb. 2nd for Subway as my mode. My original mode on the 26th would of been streetcar. I'm actually very excited for this opportunity and can't wait to start. My advice to everyone else is to just be patient and wait it out. You cannot forecast what will happen next and what you will be doing as you see circumstances can change at any given instance.

consider yourself very lucky bud. congrats

Congrats JayWells, good luck with training.

Congratulation man, all the best in your training. Would you mind telling when was your conditional and when did they contacted you for documentation. Thanks alot I, have just been waiting for a long time, so kind of worry

congrats! which line?

I'm currently in the process of becoming a ttc operator and i must say thank you to all the people who have contribute to this forum. Thank you for all the insight, advice and motivation. I have a quick question, I'm just looking for your opinion on the different types of ttc operators.

What are the pros and cons to bus operator, street car operator and subway operator

Many thanks in advance

I'm currently in the process of becoming a ttc operator and i must say thank you to all the people who have contribute to this forum. Thank you for all the insight, advice and motivation. I have a quick question, I'm just looking for your opinion on the different types of ttc operators.

What are the pros and cons to bus operator, street car operator and subway operator

Many thanks in advance

Even if there were pros and cons to one mode compared to another it doesn't matter. You don't get to chose. So what they give you is what they give you really. They decide what mode they chose for you in the end. You don't really have a choice.