TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hi guys! Any idea how long it could take for a documentation after handing in your police clearance? thnx all!

No fixed timeline, every situation is unique. I emailed my police clearance last week. I was told I can expect to get a call for documentation within the next month or so, followed by a start date in March 2015. That being said, it could be a longer wait time, could be shorter. Rough guideline. Good luck.

Not to scare anyone currently going through the process, there is a rumour going around stating new hires are now being forced to sign an agreement stating they may be laid off after the pan-am games due to a shortage of work. Not sure how true this is but has anyone here who recently went for documentation seen this?

I heard this will start happening soon. Possibly today, anyone start training?

No fixed timeline, every situation is unique. I emailed my police clearance last week. I was told I can expect to get a call for documentation within the next month or so, followed by a start date in March 2015. That being said, it could be a longer wait time, could be shorter. Rough guideline. Good luck.

thnx for the input!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking in this forum for a while, it's actually provided me with some good information. Thought that it's about time I post my timeline, maybe it might help someone else.

Dec 13/13- did my application

May 14/14- got my information session invite

May 28/14- attended information session

July 23/14- got the email to attend the interview

Oct 22/14- attended interview

Nov 10/14- Got the call that I got the job

Dec 4/14- Did my medical and signed offer letter

Presently- I'm awaiting my police clearance letter. When I contacted them last week Fri I was told I should receive something this week.

Congratulations BETTC and mani555, wish you guys the best of luck with training. I just did my medical today, now let's see how long it's gonna take for me to receive my police clearance and a call for documentation.

Thank you TTCOplTM. All the best to you too!!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking in this forum for a while, it's actually provided me with some good information. Thought that it's about time I post my timeline, maybe it might help someone else.

Dec 13/13- did my application

May 14/14- got my information session invite

May 28/14- attended information session

July 23/14- got the email to attend the interview

Oct 22/14- attended interview

Nov 10/14- Got the call that I got the job

Dec 4/14- Did my medical and signed offer letter

Presently- I'm awaiting my police clearance letter. When I contacted them last week Fri I was told I should receive something this week.

Hey, I also signed my conditional offer on December 4th. Just received my police clearance today. Good luck to everyone playing the waiting game!

Thanks Interstellar congrats, I also got something today from the TPS but I have to do a fingerprint screen. Has anyone done one before and do you know how long it takes?

Hi

I did this.

If u live in toronto then call the number which is in the letter and book n appointment.

I called and left my first and last name with contact number.

I got the call back from tps same day and got first available appointment after 4 weeks.

After fingerprinting it took 3 weeks to get clearance letter from TPS.

RCMP send result directly to TPS..

If U live out side toronto than inquire with local police and probably u can do fingerprints sameday and save time.

it wasted my 2 months without any reason.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Hey, I also signed my conditional offer on December 4th. Just received my police clearance today. Good luck to everyone playing the waiting game!

I signed conditional on Dec 5th, I also got my background check in the mail yesterday.

For those waiting on their criminal bkg check, it was 6 weeks exact, from signing conditional,

to receiving CRI in the mail.

Good luck to all, seems like there are a few of on here right now that are all at the same

stage of the process. Can't wait to start!! :-)

Thanks Interstellar congrats, I also got something today from the TPS but I have to do a fingerprint screen. Has anyone done one before and do you know how long it takes?

Hi just curious, does it say fingerprint required in your letter? Mine says CLEAR on the very top corner. Does this mean its good and no fingerprint required?

Hi

I did this.

If u live in toronto then call the number which is in the letter and book n appointment.

I called and left my first and last name with contact number.

I got the call back from tps same day and got first available appointment after 4 weeks.

After fingerprinting it took 3 weeks to get clearance letter from TPS.

RCMP send result directly to TPS..

If U live out side toronto than inquire with local police and probably u can do fingerprints sameday and save time.

it wasted my 2 months without any reason.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Thanks BETTC for the info. I actually went to one of the agencies this morning, no appointment was necessary I was able to get it done there. I was taken aback by the $80 charge but either way I was told I'll get the results in about a week which I have to take back to TPS to then get my letter. It's quite a process

are any of the new ops coming to birchmount?

so far, we've got a huge influx of training classes coming in but nobody senior is deciding to retire so its confusing..
as far as the rumor about lay offs, is that just b.s or is that something actually happening ?
i have a friend going for his interview in Feb and was just curious to find out.

are any of the new ops coming to birchmount?

so far, we've got a huge influx of training classes coming in but nobody senior is deciding to retire so its confusing..

as far as the rumor about lay offs, is that just b.s or is that something actually happening ?

i have a friend going for his interview in Feb and was just curious to find out.

i seen Birchmount training buses the other at Warden and Fairfax. So yes there are training going on at Birchmount. As for laying off, anything is possible. However if TTC plans to layoff people, why would it train new operators. The training isn't free.