Former Edmonton Transit buses found

tmx218

Thought that I'd take the liberty of starting up a thread dedicated to old Edmonton Transit buses that we have found as they pop up. Feel free to add to the list of ones found around wherever.

First off, a fresh find. On my way back from Grande Prairie, I spotted an Ex-ETS Fishbowl (Unknown model) sitting in a yard on the south side of highway 43, just a little east of Range Road 251, but west of the Sturgeon Lake Indian Reserve border. Front end of the bus is viewable from the highway to confirm it's an ETS bus, drivers side of the bus can be viewed as you head east on Highway 43 approaching the location. If you go to Google maps, enter in the coordinates 55.077834, -117.618167 atLink to Google maps for Ex-ETS Fishbowl You will see the bus on the right side of the house. Now looking at the photo on Google maps, it's definitely got standee windows on it. Can't tell model of the bus as it's too blurry though.

Other sighting I been meaning to mention about is the butcher shop buses. M.Parsons and I found a couple of them located on the north side of Highway 14 east of Highway 21. I have the info somewhere of the name of the meat shop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Board Admin
There is a 700 series fishbowl with blue/grey colors in a junk yard across hwy 216 from Sherwood park, just north of Wye Rd.

Are you referring to the one at Clearway Recycling? There was a D40LF beside it for a while but I'm not sure if that's moved or not...

• 1 month later...
Are you referring to the one at Clearway Recycling? There was a D40LF beside it for a while but I'm not sure if that's moved or not...

Yeah the d40lf is gone. but GMC #700 is still sitting there with a stubby skoolie in front of it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Former ETS 579 being used as a storage shed in the Fraser Valley. According to the neighbor it was originally bought to be converted into an RV, but after the owner died his wife has since used it for storage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/7019811605/in/photostream/

I'm going to head back next week to take a better look, no one was home but the neighbors said the owner is quite nice and probably would let me snoop.

Chris Cassidy

• 9 months later...

Ex-ETS 913 that was mentione earlier has now turned up on Calgary Kijiji for sale, $1500 for a bus that is unknown if it runs or not. They have it listed as a 1972 GMC Bus, found it under the search terms "GMC Bus" in there

I thought that bus was owned by Canadian Premier Charters??

913 was owned by CPC, they sold it a number of years back. There was a point after it was sold that it ended up with an ex-Banff Transit bus that was parked on the outskirts of west Calgary. Since then, it ended up at Big Rig collision where it was photographed in the Kijiji ad

It was, but it was sold off several years ago when CPC was still in operation.

No. CPC has been gone for a few years now. I forget exactly when that happened. 331 was last known owned by Executive Coach Services. But I noticed recently that it is gone...

913 was owned by CPC, they sold it a number of years back. There was a point after it was sold that it ended up with an ex-Banff Transit bus that was parked on the outskirts of west Calgary. Since then, it ended up at Big Rig collision where it was photographed in the Kijiji ad

Thank you very much for the info ;)