TTC being privatized?

CR SD40-2

OK. Right now I have to go out for lunch, and I'll deal with this after I get back.

But for some of you who can't read where I'm from, I'm in YRT land, live in a suburban region, and yes, my community bus route comes every 30 minutes. So don't bother using that as an excuse for inadequate bus service.

No offence, but this is the view by many who live in predominately suburban areas with inadequate transit service. A bus every 30 minutes is inadequate in my view. One of the many reasons why some people choose to live in the (real) city is because is so they don't have to deal with the inconvenience of owning and operating a car. I don't own a car, and I don't ever aspire to owning one to which I would drive around in the city with.

Also, and with no offence to your mom, why is it that when people choose not to take transit they cite "delays and cancellations" as a reason, yet I never hear them talk about construction delays and traffic encountered while driving. The delay from a traffic accident is about equal to any delay or cancellation experienced while taking transit.

I can see the appeal of a car during off peak hours, especially later at night when transit service is infrequent or non-existent. But if you are travelling to and from downtown without a lot of parcels, mainly in peak hours and during the day, there really is no excuse.

With a car there are other streets were you can turn on. With Transit, you either have to stand around waiting for a shuttle or an alternative for an hour or more. I'd rather be in a car going through side streets. At least I know i'm moving and not in one place, waiting. I've been in both situations. I'm sure most others have.

Anyone else think there's something wrong when you make 1.5 times an engineer for driving a bus?

What I find alarming is your idea people should voluntarily lower their wages to match other jobs. If a TTC driver is making more than an engineer, there is something wrong, and it's not with driver's wages, it is with engineer wages, and I'll bet the problem is engineers are a dime a dozen these days, whereas it is hard to find qualified bus drivers.

Supply, and demand, my friend, supply and demand!

You can preach all you want about driver's wages, but they deserve the money. It's a job that has high demand, and low supply. Engineers have much more competition to deal with, compared to a bus driver.

With a car there are other streets were you can turn on. With Transit, you either have to stand around waiting for a shuttle or an alternative for an hour or more. I'd rather be in a car going through side streets. At least I know i'm moving and not in one place, waiting. I've been in both situations. I'm sure most others have.

As have I, and I'm sure you've noticed that it takes just as long to take the side-streets with everyone else doing the same thing. There is no net gain during peak periods, other than the satisfaction of moving (and wasting gas).

You're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding? Because that phrase has been the famous last words of many an employee who dropped out or failed the training program, or quit the job shortly after training because they thought exactly what you just wrote.

List out the BS? OK then...

Passengers yelling at you for being late

Passengers yelling at you because it snows

Passengers yelling at you because you had the audacity to ask them for a fare

Passengers refusing to pay the fare

Passengers trying to use invalid transfers

Passengers trying to use invalid passes

Passengers yelling at you for telling them to quit horsing around on the bus

Passengers assaulting you for all of the above

Passengers spitting on you for all of the above

Motorists cutting you off

Motorists yelling at you for being in their way

Homeless people asking for free rides

Homeless people spitting on you for denying said free ride (more gross than normal passenger spitting on you)

Passengers sitting up front and talking to you about how Chinese people shouldn't drive or some other racist inappropriate drivel you don't want to hear about.

Schedules that are impossible to follow

Workshifts that would be illegal in any other industry (like 9 hour shifts without any breaks)

Workshifts that are all over the place and prevent any semblance of a social life

Fires in the subway that you get to go to track level to put out

Other nonsense at track level in the subway that has you working within inches of a 600V electrified third rail

Sticking your head out of a moving train while guarding

Passengers spitting on you as you stick your head out of a moving train while guarding

Passengers smacking you with something as you stick your head out of a moving train while guarding

People jumping in front of your train while driving

People pretending to jump in front of your train while driving

Passengers fighting on your vehicle

Gangs fighting on your vehicle

People shooting each other on your vehicle

People stabbing each other on your vehicle

People shooting you

People stabbing you

People threatening to do either because you want them to pay a fare

Vehicles having mechanical problems

Passengers yelling at you because your vehicle has a mechanical problem

You having to fix the mechanical problem (in the case of streetcars and subways)

People having medical emergencies on your vehicle

Passengers yelling at you because you stopped for said medical emergency

People getting on your vehicle after having been assaulted crying for you to call the police

Passengers yelling at you because you stopped your vehicle to call the police for said passenger

Passengers yelling at you because you really needed to pee mid-route on a line that does not have washrooms at one or both ends

Passengers yelling at you because you're early at an intersection and held for time while staying on the vehicle

Passengers yelling at you because you're early at an intersection and held for time and left the vehicle to pick up a snack on your 9 hour shift without breaks

Passengers confused that you short turned despite announcing it several hundred times en route

Passengers yelling at you for being short turned

Passengers confused because you're driving the 29A and not the 29 and thus turned at Tycos

Passengers yelling at you for being a 29A and not a 29

Passengers assaulting you for being a 29A and not a 29

Drunk people horsing around on your vehicle

Drunk people puking on your vehicle

Drunk people assaulting you

Drunk people puking on you

Stringed out drug users on your vehicle

Stringed out drug users assaulting you

Stringed out drug users threatening to give you Hepatitis (anyone remember the Twoonie Lady?)

People *ahem* conceiving on your vehicle

Little kids screaming on your vehicle

Little kids jumping around your vehicle while the parent ignores them

Passengers yelling at you because little kids are jumping around your vehicle

Parent yelling at you because you told the little kids to sit down and behave

Parent assaulting you because you told the little kids to sit down and behave

I'll stop there only because I have to go to work soon. And this isn't just MY observations, this is what happens. Everyday. To many transit operators not only in Toronto but all over the world. Just thought I'd mention that in case you thought I don't talk to many other transit operators while at work everyday, as well as operators on other transit systems both over the internet and in my travels.

Now, do I mind the list of BS that I just mentioned? It's annoying, sure... but I am willing to put up with it because I think I'm paid appropriately to do so. Many people do not apply or drop out after getting in because they do not think the BS is worth the pay. And far fewer people will be willing to put up with it if our salary is decreased (myself included). THAT, my friend, is why we at the TTC and those at many (probably most) other transit systems all over the world are paid what we are.

If you still don't get it, then there's nothing more I can say... you won't get it until you apply to the TTC and experience all this for yourself.

ok, I'll add to that..

1. stopping & helping blind people across the street after coming to their stop.

2. passengers on bus/streetcar, screaming at you for helping said blind person.

3. when wheelchair ramp refuses to work feeling like shit when you have to tell said disabled person that you cant pick them up.

4. disabled person getting pissed off at you for wheelchair ramp not working.

5. people on bus getting pissed off at you & screaming when you didnt assist said disabled person.

6. blind people poking you with their white cane as they try to find 2 passes..

7,. blind people not carrying their pass(es), you really have no choice but to let them ride, cause if you refuse your nervous about what will happen to them or you in retaliation.

8. bus breaking down with wheelchair user on board. especially if its a Orion V or RTS.

9. passengers screaming at you when said bus breaks down, especially if on 29 near dufferin mall!

10, crushloaded 29's goign from dufferin station to duffering mall or vice versa, when you know its only 2 blocks between!

11. old grannies trying to give you candy, especially iof said candy is gooey or damp.

12. old people getting pissed off at you for not being able to lower bus, or help with walker which is loaded down with mass amounts of STUFF.

13. other passengers screaming at you for not helping said old person, yet they wont get off their butts & help themselves.

14. passengers screaming at you for stopping & giving the old person time to stagger/ half crawl off the bus.

15. fear of helping old grannie with buggy carts off/on streetcar/bus, for fear of hurting your back/body & spending loads of time off on sick leave.

16. twoonie lady. the fear of her, is enough to spout a million words.

17. no bathroom at end of line, especially a long one like 501 or 506.

18. uti's..

ok, so thats a quickie..

wanted to add to it, but nah..

Afterall, how many TTC worker's who live reasonably close to their division drive to work? I'm sure there are many.

you would be surprised how few actually do drive to work if they live nearby..

but some do, yes, why not, once you have 'the uniform' on, it seems people think they can just stop you anywhere even while your NOT working & harass you or ask you stupid questions.

I know many TTC'er who actually hide the uniform with street clothes so as to NOT be recognized as a TTC'er.

I also know several TTC personal who live far away who do drive in.

my best friend is currently in markham, but he drives out to Queensway Division, as its his longtime division, & his favorite routes are out of there.

I know of some from as far away as brantford & Niagara that work at QSY.

BTW, how many of you posting on this topic actually RELY on TTC? as in, have NO alternative?

No offence, but this is the view by many who live in predominately suburban areas with inadequate transit service. A bus every 30 minutes is inadequate in my view. One of the many reasons why some people choose to live in the (real) city is because is so they don't have to deal with the inconvenience of owning and operating a car. I don't own a car, and I don't ever aspire to owning one to which I would drive around in the city with.

Also, and with no offence to your mom, why is it that when people choose not to take transit they cite "delays and cancellations" as a reason, yet I never hear them talk about construction delays and traffic encountered while driving. The delay from a traffic accident is about equal to any delay or cancellation experienced while taking transit.

I can see the appeal of a car during off peak hours, especially later at night when transit service is infrequent or non-existent. But if you are travelling to and from downtown without a lot of parcels, mainly in peak hours and during the day, there really is no excuse.

While I agree with your points, especially the point about inadequate transit service in suburbia, I think the pivotal difference between being stuck in a delay on transit to being stuck in a delay on the road has all to do with comfort. If you're stuck at a GO station or in a Subway station you're likely forced to stand in a crowded space and depending on the season you could either be boiling or freezing your ass off. If you're on already on the GO train then that isn't so bad. However if you're on a subway car that's stuck sitting in the tunnels and crush loaded well it's not the most desirable place to be. On the contrary, if you're stuck in your car in traffic you're at least in a comfortable place that's most likely climate controlled (This would have been a moot point a decade ago), you're not stuck shoulder to shoulder with people and best of all you're at least seated.

For a lot of people I believe this issue of comfort is a major turn off and until transit can deliver the comfort of a car while combining frequent service I believe many people will continue to keep driving.

I for one think this is why VIVA in York Region has been so successful because they not only combine comfort, but they also combine frequent service.

That's just my 2 cents.

Not to be rude. But if driving a bus is so bad with all the abuse, why don't some of you quit? Getting a job with TTC requires a lot of skill. Skill that should be able to get most of you a better job? The Fact that management drives to work should show how trash some of the service they are providing. Some if not most of the blame should go towards Mangement as well, no? They run the system. If the drivers have a problem with their workplace they should take that up with mangement and not towards passengers. Simple things like not collecting fares, instead of going on Work-to-Rule. Something where passengers aren't in the middle. I know some drivers did this back in 2006. Then they messed up by going on a wild cat strike, which led to passengers hating drivers.

Not to be rude. But take a look where you are posting before suggesting that we quit.

Not to be rude. But if driving a bus is so bad with all the abuse, why don't some of you quit? Getting a job with TTC requires a lot of skill. Skill that should be able to get most of you a better job? The Fact that management drives to work should show how trash some of the service they are providing. Some if not most of the blame should go towards Mangement as well, no? They run the system. If the drivers have a problem with their workplace they should take that up with mangement and not towards passengers. Simple things like not collecting fares, instead of going on Work-to-Rule. Something where passengers aren't in the middle. I know some drivers did this back in 2006. Then they messed up by going on a wild cat strike, which led to passengers hating drivers.

You claim that getting a TTC job requires lots of skill. A few days ago, you (indirectly) voiced your dissent with some of the wages that were earned by TTC employees. If you claim the job requires a lot of skill, do you not think they should be paid accordingly? If you still don't think so, what is your definition of an acceptable wage (and I'm talking hourly since that is how employees are paid, not "less than the 100K that idiot collector makes")

Also, you make a statement that TTC operators should quit if they complain of the abuse. The TTC employees you are referencing likely did not take up the job because there would be abuse. They took up the job because they truly enjoy it (along with any other person in any other job, regardless of wage, so don't use that as a sticker as to why TTC employees are overpaid). So don't think for a minute that abuse will force people into quitting their job, because it happens everywhere, anytime, and to anyone.

While I agree with your points, especially the point about inadequate transit service in suburbia, I think the pivotal difference between being stuck in a delay on transit to being stuck in a delay on the road has all to do with comfort. If you're stuck at a GO station or in a Subway station you're likely forced to stand in a crowded space and depending on the season you could either be boiling or freezing your ass off. If you're on already on the GO train then that isn't so bad. However if you're on a subway car that's stuck sitting in the tunnels and crush loaded well it's not the most desirable place to be. On the contrary, if you're stuck in your car in traffic you're at least in a comfortable place that's most likely climate controlled (This would have been a moot point a decade ago), you're not stuck shoulder to shoulder with people and best of all you're at least seated.

For a lot of people I believe this issue of comfort is a major turn off and until transit can deliver the comfort of a car while combining frequent service I believe many people will continue to keep driving.

I for one think this is why VIVA in York Region has been so successful because they not only combine comfort, but they also combine frequent service.

That's just my 2 cents.

Fair Enough.

You claim that getting a TTC job requires lots of skill. A few days ago, you (indirectly) voiced your dissent with some of the wages that were earned by TTC employees. If you claim the job requires a lot of skill, do you not think they should be paid accordingly? If you still don't think so, what is your definition of an acceptable wage (and I'm talking hourly since that is how employees are paid, not "less than the 100K that idiot collector makes")

Also, you make a statement that TTC operators should quit if they complain of the abuse. The TTC employees you are referencing likely did not take up the job because there would be abuse. They took up the job because they truly enjoy it. So don't think for a minute that abuse will force people into quitting their job, because it happens everywhere, anytime, and to anyone.

Enough skill to get them a better job than the one they have now. There are other driving jobs that don't have the amount of abuse that some drivers claim. I've talked and heard of drivers that pefer a bus driving job in York region or Durham. It was mentioned here, thats for sure. Even with less pay, which isn't shocking. Collectors should be given to part-time workers. Weather or not ATU 113 likes that or not. TTC put themselves in a hole in that one. $15-$20 an hour. Or less.

While I agree with your points, especially the point about inadequate transit service in suburbia, I think the pivotal difference between being stuck in a delay on transit to being stuck in a delay on the road has all to do with comfort.

It's all about the way humans think and perceive things too. You can't kid yourself that a delay on transit or a ride on a crowded vehicle with no seat tends to go by slower in your mind and aggravate you more easily, again in your mind than in a personal vehicle where what you wrote in your post would make in your mind the road delays go by faster.

Enough skill to get them a better job than the one they have now. There are other driving jobs that don't have the amount of abuse that some drivers claim. I've talked and heard of drivers that pefer a bus driving job in York region or Durham. It was mentioned here, thats for sure. Even with less pay, which isn't shocking. Collectors should be given to part-time workers. Weather or not ATU 113 likes that or not. TTC put themselves in a hole in that one. $15-$20 an hour. Or less.

are you serious, did you even READ the posts before you? its been said time & time again:

Collectors are 99% INJURED WORKERS! that can NO LONGER DRIVE or operate a streetcar, bus, subway or Wheeltrans vehicle...

Like I said earlier, when passengers blame all of their personal problems on the person driving the bus/streetcar/subway they are deluded and need to seek help for this condition as it is very unhealthy and irrational.

When there is construction on a route that causes traffic to back up, the common sense thinker would think "why are all of these people driving here, they are getting in the way of my bus and causing me to be late due to their stupidity and selfishness". The common sense thinker knows that construction is a must however inconvenient it is and that the person driving the bus has absolutely NO control over construction or traffic volumes.

Let me be absolutely CLEAR here, There is NO conspiracy by transit workers to ruin peoples lives or to make them late and/or waste their time. Anyone who believes in such a conspiracy is deluded and is part of the problem, transit users and frontline transit workers share many of the same problems, if people could rip their heads from the warm and cozy crevice of their ass then maybe we could improve things through mutual respect and understanding. There is NO desire to be public enemy #1 just for going to work but if the people wish to cast aspersions on all transit workers based what ever floats their boat, then maybe they will get what they asked for, if everybody thinks you're an asshole then maybe one should start acting like one?

While I don't deny that there are a lot of hassles to the job, particularly from the customers, I wonder sometimes if the unofficial union modus operandi these days is to scream that message whenever possible, to embed it in the brains of the population for the purpose of (trying) to win over the public.

I also wonder if the union doesn't love the fact that the qualifications and the hiring process have created a situation where there may not be as many people applying as there could be (as stated by some on here), again boosting the image of the job.

In other words, is this a play by the union to justify the positions and compensation? Does the union think they are suffering a problem with the perception of frontline staff from the people in Toronto? I think they do.

I also think the TTC could more easily find people qualified to do the job. The trouble is that with hiring happening only sporadically (it seems) many of the ambitious people who may be newly out of work and searching hard for a new job will find one long before someone acts on their TTC application a year later - and by then they may be perfectly happy at the job they found in the meantime. Is there a problem with engineers and other technically-trained people getting work at the TTC? In Mississauga it looks like you need to have been a cashier to be a bus driver. It seems to me that the goal here is to ensure that there are good jobs for retail workers who have no other hope to aspire to. If the TTC adopts that stance as well they will miss a huge chunk of older, mature and often educated and highly experienced workers who could very well fit their needs.

No, like you guys said, private companies cut corners. They don't hire 3 people to photocopy. They hire 1. One and only. They have better management since they have to work things out efficiently, they don't have an endless supply of money like the government is drawing from us taxpayers.

I don;t know what kind of private company you work for, but the private company I work for does not hire anyone to photocopy. Instead, people who hold other positions within the company must photocopy for themselves, cutting corners while they are not on duty in their positions.

It's up to the government to set the terms when selling the transit system, you can always put a note in the contract that there must be accessible public transits to all parts of the city (~300 m walking distance), or something like that.

Is it an operation contract? Sale contract? I'm not quite getting how this would work.

How do you expect me to find the "responding to emergencies" reliable when they're trying to collect fares or busy talking with others or sleeping (even though the man is dead now...)?

Logic would demonstrate that an emergency would take precedence over collecting fares or giving directions.

Why would we not have a station manager for Queen Station? Anyways, I was thinking a station manager for each station. And walking from King to Queen is not a big deal either. If you run, it's going to be in minutes.

So you're expecting these Station Managers to have a low starting wage, but still be required to run between stations in an emergency? rocketdriver2019's list will probably catch this as BS that would have to be compensated for. How will they find out about an emergency at Queen if they're at King, and there are no other staff at Queen?

You said private companies cut corners so I wouldn't expect them to have a Station Manager on duty at each station all day. Keep in mind that the current19-20 hour service day would require three Station Managers per station under your plan

That'll be the station managers' job. Help with turnstiles? Wow, it's either the customers are not very intelligent or there's something wrong with the design of the turnstile. Personally, I don't like the exit turnstile. Make them the entrance turnstile-type please. And why would the manager be outside or at another station. They belong INSIDE the station.

Have you never seen turnstiles malfunction, where they'll lock half way through a rotation, trapping the passenger inside them short of jumping or climbing?

The Station Manager is responsible for determining repairs that need to be completed, and stations have infrastructure outside of the stations, such as signage and entrances. They could be outside guiding a confused passenger in the correct direction on the surface at one of the station's exits. By your example he or she could also be running between stations.

My overall problem was overpaid and the overall service quality. Station managers aren't really supervisors. They're not supervising everyone. It's just a more intelligent title that handles everything , like you suggest, collectors already do. Therefore, they are not supervisors. And besides, if we're hiring a new group of station manager, that'll save a lot of money, as the starting wage is fairly low.

As I said before, the current TTC Station Managers ARE supervisors. Perhaps they won't be under your plan, saving a lot of money by underpaying for what they have to do, which apparently includes running between stations.

Not to be rude. But if driving a bus is so bad with all the abuse, why don't some of you quit?

rocketdriver2019 said it, plain and simple: because TTC operators are properly compensated for what they have to put up with.

During subway delays resulting in the deployment of shuttle buses, it is almost always faster and more convenient to take alternate routes. No one other than yourself forces you to wait for shuttle buses.

During subway delays resulting in the deployment of shuttle buses, it is almost always faster and more convenient to take alternate routes. No one other than yourself forces you to wait for shuttle buses.

If your going to take transit, you need to plan for ALL eventualities, wherever I go, I make sure to research at least 1-2 alternatives to getting there, not including the subway, I even have used my alternitives when going places just cause I dont want to deal with the hassle of taking the subway, I grew up in a city with just buses, so I dont mind riding them.

Are you guys ashamed?

Lok Fu Station, opened in 1979, under a private company:

HK_MTR_Lok_Fu_Station_Platform.jpg

Versus Kipling Station, opened in 1980 (even one year younger than Lok Fu Station):

Kipling-interior.jpg

And Po Lam Station, opened in 2002, under a private company:

Po_Lam_Station_Platform.jpg

Versus Don Mills Station, opened in 2002

TTC_DonMills_01.JPG

Private companies can afford to make better stations. Whereas under a government, we're limited to limited funds. And where we have to actually cut corners. And all 6,000 operators hogging over the resources isn't helping either.

And totally agree with D40-90, if you're so unhappy and so stressed with your job. QUIT IT. If you can't take the stress, you're not deserved to be paid that much. Can't stress that enough (pun intended). And don't complain about your job here.

Raise your hand if you're tired of the ol' "The stations overseas in Hong Kong etc, are better than the TTC's stations! For shame! For shame!"

*Raises hand*

Frankly, most people wouldn't give a rats' ass about how nice or ugly a station is if the service isn't reliable in the first place. I hate the yucko green of St. George and St. Patrick, but I put up with it because the service is decent, and gets me where I want to go in a timely fashion. Function over form.

I'd reply more, but apparently we're all TTC operators on this thread, so I guess I need to go drive an H4 or something...

One question for you: Have you ever been in the drivers seat of a bus? before you start blasting your mouth I would ask you to please pull your head out of your ASS and spend a day with a TTC driver. keep a close eye on whats going on and how much demand it takes.

on the CPTDB we see lots of stupid posts.. This one will be added to my collection.

As a matter of fact, my grandpa was a bus operator in the 1950s to early 2000s. When I was still ~10 years old, I was on his bus and I see these stuff. It's not stressful as YOU would think, even though he works overnight sometimes. And also, I joyride quite a fair bit, so I'm with a TTC driver many times. I sit in the front seats all the time, you don't think I spend enough time with a TTC driver?

And you live in the Qunite area anyways (population: roughly 10% of Toronto, 200,000 people). Go ride your rural buses instead of adding collections to your list of stupid posts, and making a fool of yourself.

And if it's that stressful to take this job. Why the heck are you guys here talking about this? Go get some sleep or spend time with your family while you're saying you're working overtime and NO time with family! You're wasting your own holiday time on this CPTDB. You'll just be asking for more after this, and that will draw more money from us as riders and taxpayers.

Raise your hand if you're tired of the ol' "The stations overseas in Hong Kong etc, are better than the TTC's stations! For shame! For shame!"

*Raises hand*

Frankly, most people wouldn't give a rats' ass about how nice or ugly a station is if the service isn't reliable in the first place. I hate the yucko green of St. George and St. Patrick, but I put up with it because the service is decent, and gets me where I want to go in a timely fashion. Function over form.

I'd reply more, but apparently we're all TTC operators on this thread, so I guess I need to go drive an H4 or something...

If you don't care about the station, you'll surely care about the trains.

Tokyo-metro_10000.jpg

A Tokyo train for the Fukutoshin Line.

T1_StGeorge.jpg

Versus a TTC train, oh, isn't that nice.

TTC_ACTIVE_ROUTE_MAP_SAMPLE.jpg

Nice active route map for the 2011 Toronto Rocket. And uh... Why's Kennedy lit up?

20110109152639.png

An active route map is already made in ~2001. A private company can do this stuff 10 years ago. Nice try, TTC. And your active route map looks like a piece of elementary school prototype made in the 1980s.

And wow, you guys won't even let us Torontonians voice our opinion. Your Keep TTC Public website is censored, and the comments have to be approved to be publish. And guess what comments are published? The ones (mostly) that supports keeping transit public! (I posted twice, each with different completely opinions, and only the one supporting for keeping it public got published)... And you even block rating and comments on your YouTube videos!

Talk about communism, your freedom of speech and censoring method for keeping TTC public is worse than China. I don't know why this is allowed in Canada.

I don't think anyone gives a rat's ass about how a station looks or any sort of amenities that are offered on trains. This is not a fashion show! As long as the vehicle can take a patron from point A to point B, safely, it doesn't matter whether or not a station or a transit vehicle is appealing to the eye.

The "Keep TTC public" is a piece of propaganda, that's using OUR money (not yours), trying to keep yourself a nice job. Way to go TTC.

Quoting rbairos1 on YouTube, "Did you include Hong Kong or Japan?

How many of my tax dollars went into this propaganda? Can't even comment on the vids for proper debate."

Quoting 044930 on YouTube, "pizza delievry makes 11 - 12 $per hour courier drivers made 14 $ truck drivers made 18 -24 $ ttc drivers made more than so many still they went on strrike every year no special skill for driving going privaticed may not be good idea cutting in wages of staff and bringing down fare will be better choice and dont ask for taxpayer money plz".

Quoting donricodelavega, "Why are you disabling comments on your videos? Afraid negative backlash from angry TTC riders will taint your positive videos?"

Quoting JellyChang, "True~! Privatize will be a good idea since no more union and also cut back on the wages~!!! It is way too high now~! Who said privatize is no good? Check out the Hong Kong MTR~! they are running as private company and their service is brilliant~!".

It's the voice of all Torontonians. And you're trying to censor all your comments and videos. And you can tell your propaganda is not working well, only 11 subscribers on YouTube, and I bet 10 out of 11 are drivers of the TTC.

FYI I grew up in Toronto and only moved away a few years ago so I know how that city works.

Your grandfather may have been a driver but have you? YOU have no right to say how easy it is to drive a bus untill YOU have tried it for your self.

You live in York Region right? then stay in your region because 99.9% of what your saying is out right crazy and you have not even a clue as to how the TTC operates.

I have been on his bus for many of my childhood days, I've heard stories, I've seen it.

And I live in York Region, but my school is in the City of Toronto. I spend 45 minutes (upwards to 60, travelling a distance of about ~8 km) on a TTC bus everyday, and 60 minutes (a distance of about ~16 km) on YRT/Viva. And you say I don't know how TTC operates. "Research" more about me before making (as Articulated says -->) arguments that hold water. Right now yours is not even holding air effectively.

FYI, I've seen how private transit works, but YOU have not. I've lived in a city with private transit for 11 years, and been to countries and places with private transit. YOU have no right to say how a private transit does not work untill (typo on purpose to mimic) you have experienced how private transit fails. Have you lived in Auckland, Melbourne, London, Vancouver? (the only 4 cities that seem to exist in the world to you guys, other than Toronto). Go live there for 11 years before coming back and write this. I won't mind sending you an e-mail in 2022 reminding you to come back to Toronto and I bet the subway system map would look more or less the same (except the YUS line extension).