Stratford Transit

Downsview 108

2 hours ago, Articulated said:

Not even Stratford would have purchased a 21 year old bus, especially considering the many newer options on the market. Plus, they are not up to unit 91 yet (newest purchased unit was #78).

I suspect it is more a case of one unit having a new GPS unit installed that wasn't reprogrammed with the proper unit number. Are there any known active units that haven't tracked in service in the last little while?

Only one of the school specials currently tracks. The other three do not. I was looking more at tracking number error. I have seen that number on the tracker a few times so I wonder if it's 9765 or 9767.  9764 and 9773 have tracked  in the #1 Special (that is trackable) and rarely conventional routes. Once things calm down again I will go up and investigate. That bus was tracking on the number 6 yesterday and now the number 5 today so I wonder if they're running some sort of special extras.

• 1 month later...

They seemed to have changed what was to be replaced. 9764 is staying until the end of the year or early next year. 9767 is retired along with EZ Rider 0761. Bus 9773 was being decommissioned while I was there. It will be listed for sale this week. 2181 entered service today with 2182 entering service next week possibly. Buses 0576, 0862 and 1063 are now retained for the school specials. 0977-0978 are now retained as spares for conventional and school specials when needed. They will be used for lower ridership routes when needed. Two more LFS are set to be ordered for this year. One is to replace 9764 and I can't remember if he said one expansion.

1 hour ago, 2822 said:

What is the status of the ex Niagara Falls Elderado's? 

They are still active. They were not on the road yesterday. They are normally used for lower ridership routes and are kept as spare.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stratford Transit 2283 and 2284 spotted in-transit for delivery at Petro-Canada in Summerstown, Ontario today, (Friday, March 4th, 2022) at around 07:20. Spotted with no decals, or bike racks. One was displaying McCarthy, other displaying East End on the destination sign.

3 hours ago, SDGBusFan said:

Stratford Transit 2283 and 2284 spotted in-transit for delivery at Petro-Canada in Summerstown, Ontario today, (Friday, March 4th, 2022) at around 07:20. Spotted with no decals, or bike racks. One was displaying McCarthy, other displaying East End on the destination sign.

Judging by the location, I will assume these are Nova LFS buses on delivery from Saint-Eustache?

4 hours ago, SDGBusFan said:

New or old driver's window?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

From an official source, 9764 has been retired. The CTHF charter last year was the last time that the bus carried passengers.

That is a sad end there. They must have made the decision on the 16th as it was tracking on Transsee that day.

• 9 months later...

1875 and Mobility Bus 1914 were used in the parade this year. 1571 & 1875 have wraps for the Lights on Stratford. Two Hybrids are due for the summer of 2024 and there is talk of electrification. 0862 & 1063 are due to be replaced and they want to hold on to 0576, but that can change.

20231203_154632.jpg

• Like 1