2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

• Board Admin
Is that a typo? What are EVMs doing with the CSU instead of the ATU?
All City of Edmonton employees are with CSU 52. They are probably covered by both unions...

There's another transit-related job posting - I think this was my neighbor's job. He is retiring this month.

DC Traction Engineer-Revised

Job Requisition Number: 906261

1 Permanent Position

Managerial-CEMA

Transportation – LRT Traction Power Engineer

Work Location: D. L. MacDonald Garage 13315-50 A Street

All City of Edmonton employees are with CSU 52. They are probably covered by both unions...

Sorry that is incorrect. there are few unions covering city staff.

Drivers are atu569

Support staff is CSU52

Ummm theres CSU 30

im not sure which this shoudl be under though

Management are classified as 'out-of-scope' which means they are unionless (I think). Not sure how that last one works.

I believe that's the way it is with most companies. That's what happened to me when I became a supervisor... no more union... not that I'm complaining...

Went out... Did my usual Sunday thing of a ride on the LRT... But first stopped by the Greyhound depot.

Saw: 1166 (garage bound), 1234 (garage bound), ex 817 (Calgary local), 936 (Calgary express), 1216 (Vancouver), 990 (entering terminal). 1029 and 1008 were together. 5 car bump up train came out for the Oilers game. 4 trains out on Sundays... maybe the service person didn't feel like riding an in service train back to DL so brought out a car so he could drive himself back? :blink:

Had a near miss with Leonard... For those who know who he is....

6006 was also out in the afternoon.

Mitchell's "resident" Ferrier buses today were 216 and 660.

660s2hu1.th.jpg

Rode 130 on the 5, and 303 on the 41 Heritage/Southgate express.

I had a look at 193 at Jasper Place on a 120, and noticed that in the space where the missing BBC plate should be, someone wrote "CBC" in marker <_< Someone in the garage messing around?

193s1ko8.th.jpg

181 was out on the 5 today too.

# 181 was on Run 507 (Kelly's old run). The heaters quit and it got C/O with Unit # 790. Kelly is on Run 505 now. Today he had Unit # 4155 (but wishing it was # 155 instead). Pally had a D40LF on Run 318. Run 12002 had Unit # 180. Around 1445 Unit # 170 working the Route 120 got hung up in the crossover at 156 Street and Stony Plain Road (like what else is new?) and Unit # 168 right behind him calling it in. This made Unit # 179 on the Route 3 about -15. Pally, just leaving the garage arrived at JPC around 1510, said it was all cleared by the time he got there.

Also, today I saw an unidentified 4000,4100 or 4200 series low floor wrapped up in a new Telus scheme. What made this interesting was that the fleet numbers were completley coverd up on the sides and back, which is the first time I have seen this happen, as usually the fleet numbers are put on over top on the ad. This Telus wrap was almsot all white too, so I imagine its going to look pretty crappy in about a week.

Around 1445 Unit # 170 working the Route 120 got hung up in the crossover at 156 Street and Stony Plain Road

You know, there's a certain point where it just isn't funny anymore. What is it Dennis always says? They fix things that aren't broken and leave the broken stuff alone?

You know, there's a certain point where it just isn't funny anymore. What is it Dennis always says? They fix things that aren't broken and leave the broken stuff alone?

It was never funny to begin with. John says *they* are claiming it is driver error. Can you believe that ? I think it is more like crossover error. Dennis's GS tells Dennis that HE is the only person having a problem at that location. (Uh, I don't think so). EVERYONE is having a problem there. And this being the beginning of a new sign-up, there are guys doing the Route 3/120 that have no clue that there is a problem there (and 95 Street & 111 Avenue). So until these guys/gals gain awareness and drive through these trouble spots with caution, there's gonna be a lot more *FUN*. I think these problematic areas are the main reason Geoff is not signing the Route 3 lately. <_<