2009-2010 D60LFR's

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Wow this is a change, new buses decaled before they enter service? Hope they do this with the new trains when they come in.....

lets hope, i never understood why vehicals were rushed into service without decals, to then be pulled out of service for decals this is much smarter

lets hope, i never understood why vehicals were rushed into service without decals, to then be pulled out of service for decals this is much smarter

Does not make sence, I'm sure there's a reason for it, maybe supplies were not available. I do notice though the last batch of D60LFRS, D40LF, and D40LFRS do look more orange then red. Arbocs look more red and of course so do the SD160s. They can't get the colors right.

Perhaps its a vain effort by Newflyer to win back some mojor transit systems lol

If you think about Western Canada, NFI is lost tons of customers previously loyal customers and its stronghold.

Calgary and Lethbridge are the 2 newest systems with strong NFI ties to that purchased Novas, along with a couple of systems that were mainly NFI a couple years ago that have purchased a ton of Novas since, such as BC Transit, Victoria and Regina. Sure, Edmonton's D40LFR order is huge, but if you think about how many orders NFI they lost in British Columbia and potentially Calgary in the future, that's a pretty big number.

Mind you, they still have the parts supply for the vast majority of those fleets, so it's not like they are hurting (yet).

To be honest i think a Newflyer D40LFR with tht new doors look better then any Nova it may run like crap but the body looks so nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention that I made a visit to SG about a week ago and that no more of the new D60LFR's had arrived and none were parked anywhere around SG or VP. Early this morning when I finished work I found plain white 6048 parked at VP, so I guess more have begun to arrive. So far, all the previous ones (6042-6047) have entered service and last week I drove 6043. No real difference in the way they operate over the previous batch of D60LFR's. Just mainly the different doors is only thing noticable on these new ones.

Forgot to mention that I made a visit to SG about a week ago and that no more of the new D60LFR's had arrived and none were parked anywhere around SG or VP. Early this morning when I finished work I found plain white 6048 parked at VP, so I guess more have begun to arrive. So far, all the previous ones (6042-6047) have entered service and last week I drove 6043. No real difference in the way they operate over the previous batch of D60LFR's. Just mainly the different doors is only thing noticable on these new ones.

Are the door any faster i opening or closing cus the other batch is so slow

• 3 weeks later...