2009-2010 D60LFR's

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday afternoon before starting work I spotted 6059 at the body shop at VP and when I finished work early this morning I found 6060 has now also arrived. So just 3 left to arrive if the order is indeed 22 units.

Had 6047 last night on my 301 and the very back door kept sticking open. The very back door leaf would start to shut about 2 inches and stop. This seems to have become a regular problem on brand new NFI's (With dual width rear doors) as I recall that happening on the previous batch as well (6022-6041) when they were new as well. Not sure about other cities like Edmonton though.

• 1 month later...

Does Calgary Transit have any plans to introduce any new BRT routes in the future (like route 303 or 304, for example)? If so, then these new artics would obviously be a perfect fit for them.

I remember hearing that the RTL would sometimes use their AG 300s and AG 700s (back when they were still in service) on school runs or routes 42, 142, or 73 sometimes. They're usually a staple on routes 45 and 90 nowadays. Is it possible that Calgary Transit would do something similar to this? Routes with high ridership would be a good place for them as well.

Does Calgary Transit have any plans to introduce any new BRT routes in the future (like route 303 or 304, for example)? If so, then these new artics would obviously be a perfect fit for them.
We already have a route 303 and 304 which operate during the Calgary Stampede every summer for 10 days. Those two routes are normally served by 40 foot units however.

Currently transit routes that the D60LFR's operate on are the 181, 301, 302, 305 (Except weekeds), and some trips on the route 3 during rush hours. They also operate on school specials on routes 743, 834 and probably a few others as well, but those are the routes that I have seen them on.

There are plans for a couple of more BRT routes as well and they are posted somewhere within the Calgary threads, but I am not sure where currently.

Yep, there are a couple proposed routes floating around. One will run up to Sage Hill (Symons Valley @ 144th Ave approx), and others may run YYC to Northpointe

Hmm... YYC to Northpointe. Wonder if they would be using 40 footers for that one or Articulated? If they use Articulated buses, wonder where at the Airport they would stop? Those buses seem a bit long for the current bus loading bays at the Airport Terminal. That route also doesn't seem like a route that would need a 60 footer, but I could be wrong.

Edited by MBTA9244-9640b