Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

4 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

78 has been an sg key also?

78 is not but with the shuttle bus commitment vs. availability out of Victoria Park garage, buses from Spring Gardens changing off Victoria Park buses has become a regular thing this signup.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 1604 said:

Due to weight restrictions on the macdonald bridge and road closures around victoria park garage due to the calgary marathon, any buses that departed the garage after 06:00...or maybe it was 07:00...had to be a 40 foot bus.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Due to weight restrictions on the macdonald bridge and road closures around victoria park garage due to the calgary marathon, any buses that departed the garage after 06:00...or maybe it was 07:00...had to be a 40 foot bus.

That's a new one to me! Thanks for the info.

And according to @kevlo86, 7770 was on the Red Line shuttle today.

50 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Haven't seen an articulated bus on the 306 in a while. Is this unusual?IMG_5023.thumb.JPG.a9af80ad230ff0aa6670ee815c3f62a2.JPG

sorry if it's a crappy photo :P

The 306 is a tough one. Certain trips justify an articulated bus, some 40 ft., some shuttle. Problem is that it's tough to put a bus on to simply go say MRU to Heritage, and that's it, because on that trip you might get 80 high school/University students, but on the return trip, you get 3-4 people. 

55 minutes ago, Blake M said:

The 306 is a tough one. Certain trips justify an articulated bus, some 40 ft., some shuttle. Problem is that it's tough to put a bus on to simply go say MRU to Heritage, and that's it, because on that trip you might get 80 high school/University students, but on the return trip, you get 3-4 people. 

It's hard to say any run on the 306 justifies an artic. This entire past winter semester I took the 306 out of Heritage at 08:22 every morning (the most consistently busy morning run that I'm aware of) and not once have I seen the 40 foot bus overloaded or leaving people behind, even during mornings of inclement weather and road conditions. The 20 helps out significantly as well, as does the 182. The reason the 306 is somewhat of a hit and miss is because of all the alternatives available to it. From my observations, it does just fine with the 40 foot bus in rush hour, and fairly consistently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick B said:

It's hard to say any run on the 306 justifies an artic. This entire past winter semester I took the 306 out of Heritage at 08:22 every morning (the most consistently busy morning run that I'm aware of) and not once have I seen the 40 foot bus overloaded or leaving people behind, even during mornings of inclement weather and road conditions. The 20 helps out significantly as well, as does the 182. The reason the 306 is somewhat of a hit and miss is because of all the alternatives available to it. From my observations, it does just fine with the 40 foot bus in rush hour, and fairly consistently.

I wish they'd put more buses back on the 182, it's so tough to get a train south from Heritage around quarter to 4

• Like 1

Question to any drivers: is 943 a specific route code? I saw bus 7688 passing by Westbrook earlier, it had 943 as the route number. It was definitely out of service but I saw two people sitting at the front so maybe it's training?

Given it is an Anderson bus, I can safely say that it was not training.

7688 is equipped with a Vultron destination sign. The route number and the route destination are not attached in any way on the sign. Just because you have 73 on the sign doesn't mean you couldn't have Sandstone or Somerset as your destination.

With that being said, operator input errors on vultron signs and malfunctioning are not uncommon with these signs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...