Société de transport de Laval

SMS

The following buses were on the 925 in PM rush (not an exhaustive list) all with wifi stickers on the drivers front vent

Unfortunately it seems that we'll never see a Classic on the 925

I guess I will be the first to post the first pics of Montreal's three major transit authorities at Radisson, on the first Monday of service

Nice Picture SMS :D , I find it very interesting to see three buses, RTL, STL and STM :)

Probably available right now. I typically write to customer service and ask if they are willing to mail me a couple and they always oblige. STM maps are also available at the head office if you cannot get the new one at the metro stns.

• 1 month later...
Very interesting news. Probably best they only get one for evaluation considering what happened to the MTA with their large DesignLine hybrid order.

Artist conception on Facebook:

308013_10150353025131690_159277776689_10318213_5389901_n.jpg

OMG that's so gross! That thing make the LFS looks like a million bucks. -1 for the STL...

• 2 weeks later...
OMG that's so gross! That thing make the LFS looks like a million bucks. -1 for the STL...

I went to an STL meeting and i ask a couple question on the electric bus project.

Q1) How many company applied to the international biding offer for the contract of the electric bus ?

A1) Three company applied for the contract. One Chinese, One Canadian (Novabus) and one American (DesignLine USA).

The Chinese company was remove from the biding because their products was not complying with the technical specifications. Only Novabus and DesignLine went through the biding to the end.

Q2) What was the criteria in order to determine the winner of the biding.

They were over a dozen of criteria to evaluate both proposition but in the end 3 made all the difference.

A- Range

The range on the Novabus Product was 85 km per full charge. The range of the DesignLine's bus was 250 km per full charge.

B- Availability

The availability was 17 month for the Novabus's product against 4-5 Month for the DesignLine's product.

C- Price

The Novabus 100 % electric product was 1 400 000$ CDN The DesignLine 100 % electric bus was 890 000$ USD

That's is why they choose DesignLine over Novabus.

Q3) Did the STL buy or lease the DesignLine bus ?

A3) They will bought it !

Q4) The average range of STL Diesel Bus in a day is around 400 km. How those 100 % electric bus will replace all their diesel counterpart by 2030 ?

A4) First, The first 100 % electric bus bought by the STL is for testing purpose only, therefore it doesn't need to last 16 years like they diesel counterpart.

Secondly, The STL believes with time the range of the future battery pack will be extended over the 400 km limits one day.

Q5) The Designline Eco-Smart I is 35 feet long and 96 inches wide, Is it ok for the STL to buy a smaller sized Bus ?

A5) Actually the 100 % Electric bus bought by the STL will be based on the Eco-Saver IV which is based on a 42 feet long and 102 inches wide bus frame.

Author's Note

I hope that have answer a few of your question on the 100 % electric bus project at the STL.

Great update! Can't wait to get 2011 STL maps
Any idea when they'll be available? Now that the STM maps are out, I'd like to try to get both in one trip. :)
Probably available right now. I typically write to customer service and ask if they are willing to mail me a couple and they always oblige. STM maps are also available at the head office if you cannot get the new one at the metro stns.

Went to Montmorency Station on Saturday to pick up an STL map and they gave me a 2009 version. I guess the print copies aren't ready just yet... :P

I think this is a Quebec first: Touch-screen displays at transit stations:

img02.jpg

The STL is installing these large touch screen displays at 10 places throughout Laval. The allow the user access to their bus schedules and are integrated with Google Transit for a trip calculation.

Available (among other places) at:

• Le Carrefour terminus

• Cartier metro station

• Montmorency metro

• 2 months later...
I think this is a Quebec first: Touch-screen displays at transit stations:

The STL is installing these large touch screen displays at 10 places throughout Laval. The allow the user access to their bus schedules and are integrated with Google Transit for a trip calculation.

Available (among other places) at:

• Le Carrefour terminus

• Cartier metro station

• Montmorency metro

They are a great idea if they can stand up to everyday abuse. Any idea when these will be ready to use (if they are not already deployed that is)?

Very interesting news. Probably best they only get one for evaluation considering what happened to the MTA with their large DesignLine hybrid order.

Artist conception on Facebook:

308013_10150353025131690_159277776689_10318213_5389901_n.jpg

i hope they can cancel this order in the last minute...............this product is proven to be a failure in Hong Kong and New York...........piece of shit is the only comment i have for it...........btw when is it going to arrive?

wondering when will the next order of buses coming in for STL? I will be coming back next April and wondering if any Classics would remain on the road at that time. Thank you

i hope they can cancel this order in the last minute...............this product is proven to be a failure in Hong Kong and New York...........piece of shit is the only comment i have for it...........btw when is it going to arrive?

wondering when will the next order of buses coming in for STL? I will be coming back next April and wondering if any Classics would remain on the road at that time. Thank you

We don't know yet when this POS bus will hit Laval streets... Good news is that its not here! As I mentioned to you in the STL MCI watch thread, the 2012 LFS's bus have already been delivered and should enter service any day now. When you come in April, the majority of classics left will no longer be in service. There should be a bunch retired outside the STL garage where you can get pictures of them no problem. About half a dozen or so will be left in service.

Maybe you can help me out here, but what exactly was the point of buying a Designline in the first place? Did Laval not learn from the mistake in New York MTA and Baltimore's Charm City Circulator, who have or are in the process of retiring its fleet of them?

Maybe you can help me out here, but what exactly was the point of buying a Designline in the first place? Did Laval not learn from the mistake in New York MTA and Baltimore's Charm City Circulator, who have or are in the process of retiring its fleet of them?

Laval is a fail City so let them have their crappy Designline junk.

http://www.stl.laval.qc.ca/wp-content/uplo...e_ANG_Final.pdf

Went out to tender to find an electric bus to comply with government standards going forward. Looks like Design Line won the tender. If Design Line is no good like everybody is saying then perhaps other companies that bid on the tender will be offered a trial (NovaBus?).

http://www.stl.laval.qc.ca/wp-content/uplo...e_ANG_Final.pdf

Went out to tender to find an electric bus to comply with government standards going forward. Looks like Design Line won the tender. If Design Line is no good like everybody is saying then perhaps other companies that bid on the tender will be offered a trial (NovaBus?).

Novabus just released a full electric LFS model, so no way other Quebec TA's will buy Designline. I think that the STL will only be buying 1 unit for testing. In the end, Nova will be the winner of the contact for the Quebec TA's.

• 2 weeks later...
We don't know yet when this POS bus will hit Laval streets... Good news is that its not here! As I mentioned to you in the STL MCI watch thread, the 2012 LFS's bus have already been delivered and should enter service any day now. When you come in April, the majority of classics left will no longer be in service. There should be a bunch retired outside the STL garage where you can get pictures of them no problem. About half a dozen or so will be left in service.

As a matter of fact, they are already in service. I saw the 1202 pull in at Montmo. at 21:15 tonight.

Novabus just released a full electric LFS model, so no way other Quebec TA's will buy Designline. I think that the STL will only be buying 1 unit for testing. In the end, Nova will be the winner of the contact for the Quebec TA's.

I would love to see more Novas instead of that Designline crap

Enjoy the experiment while it lasts. I think we all know the outcome.

is that bus expected to arrive anytime now? Moreover, I am looking at coming up Laval in early January for their Classics, wondering if any school runs will be back by Thur and Friday Jan 4 and 5? Thank you~~

is that bus expected to arrive anytime now? Moreover, I am looking at coming up Laval in early January for their Classics, wondering if any school runs will be back by Thur and Friday Jan 4 and 5? Thank you~~

There's no arrival date for that garbage bus yet. All schools should be in session by Januray 4th and if classics will be in service, well some should be...