MTA NYCT Subway/Bus discussion

hl7534

4 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

got some intel on this... Apparently, those CT's are hitting the scrap yard.. OMNY readers have been removed on the buses..

If the readers were on the buses than the CT's would possibly begin service soon. But as of (Thursday) these buses haven't seen service.

I was going to report that as well. LFS #8257 is now OOS due to a crash on Staten Island.

On 5/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Could it be they save the read end of 1020 and do something similar like 5656 and 5658 before? Because the back can be fused since the front of 1020 is messed up

I wouldn't be surprised if there is structural damage from the front end pulling down on the articulation joint at an extreme angle like that. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:18 PM, NYC2MTL said:

9563 is built. Brand new XDE40... Uncertain to it's destination.. However, if it's destination East New York, it would join 9510, and 9560.

A couple of takeaways

1) A bit surprised that Kingsbridge is still keeping their set of NG's. Would of thought some of those buses would transfer to Queens or Brooklyn (Fresh Pond).

2) The same goes for Manhattanville and TU. Some of those 3800's at least need to be out for MTA bus, and maybe the 3900's back to MQ

3) MQ is slowly getting rid of O7's.

4) I wonder what the Brooklyn Division is gonna look like in the near future. I drove by EN the other day and the artic spacing is almost complete.

Keep in mind that those buses will most likely leave those depots any day now... they tend to keep the old buses around for a few days while the new ones are rolling in.

The same thing happened recently with College Point and their Prevosts and 2001-2002 D4500s. Those flipdots retired as a whole nearly a week or two after CP got their first 26 Prevosts, instead of gradually retiring them while the Prevosts were coming in. I'd imagine a similar thing will happen with KB's and OH's buses. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Damn everyone ok?

They were a few injuries. I noticed that the 2015-16 group of LFS's seem to have bad luck as this is like the 3rd or 4th one to be oos from some kind of mishap and the second one this week (I just reported about #8220's fire yesterday). As for XN60 #1020, that bus is as good as scrapped..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

9702, 9710, 9712 at service center. Enroute to Manhattanville.  9701 is in house at Manhattanville 

2641 Meredith to Charleston. 

These LFS hybrids are going to make Manhattan Orion VII free.

Along with the XDE40 hybrids too.

5 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

These LFS hybrids are going to make Manhattan Orion VII free.

Along with the XDE40 hybrids too.

That is correct.  Buses are coming in hot ?The XDE40 deliveries coming in soon since 9563 is currently built. I’m hoping East New York or Mother Clara Hale gets first to receive the bus. 

58 minutes ago, NYC2MTL said:

That is correct.  Buses are coming in hot ?The XDE40 deliveries coming in soon since 9563 is currently built. I’m hoping East New York or Mother Clara Hale gets first to receive the bus. 

And I think the plan is to send over 300 Orion VIIs to MTA bus company.

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Also, #6690, #6696, and #6713 are now retired and their fareboxes are removed. Currently sitting at Manhattanville depot.

6690 is not scrap.. Bus just transferred to MQ last night.. Working on the M9 today

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

6690 is not scrap.. Bus just transferred to MQ last night.. Working on the M9 today

My mistake.

However, there appears to be a backlog of 2021 base order LFS hybrids, because according to a NYCTF source, all 2021 units have VIN numbers, but do not yet have paint or fleet numbers. The rest of these buses should be delivered by August or so. Get your final Manhattan division Orion VII OG hybrid rides and vids.

3 hours ago, NYC2MTL said:

9654, 9713, 9717-9719 are at Secaucus

1385.. Plattsburgh to Secaucus. Awaiting delivery to Eastchester.  MTA bus allotment back up and running.

So I take there's a pause on the NYCT batch?

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

My mistake.

However, there appears to be a backlog of 2021 base order LFS hybrids, because according to a NYCTF source, all 2021 units have VIN numbers, but do not yet have paint or fleet numbers. The rest of these buses should be delivered by August or so. Get your final Manhattan division Orion VII OG hybrid rides and vids.

So I take there's a pause on the NYCT batch?

Possibility.  Awaiting additional word. However, up to 1590 is ready right now. If the rest of the buses could get here between now and Memorial Day weekend. Than I see a pause. Up to 1628 is not ready as yet and there’s no depot assigned for the option order.  However, my guess is Yukon b/c the SIM23/24 falls under Yukon Territory.  

1 hour ago, NYC2MTL said:

Possibility.  Awaiting additional word. However, up to 1590 is ready right now. If the rest of the buses could get here between now and Memorial Day weekend. Than I see a pause. Up to 1628 is not ready as yet and there’s no depot assigned for the option order.  However, my guess is Yukon b/c the SIM23/24 falls under Yukon Territory.  

Where would Yukon store the buses? Feel like there really isn't much space in that side lot on Forrest Hill Road for that and I doubt they really want to go back to keeping buses stored at the Eltingville Transit Center up the road. 

22 minutes ago, Len90 said:

Where would Yukon store the buses? Feel like there really isn't much space in that side lot on Forrest Hill Road for that and I doubt they really want to go back to keeping buses stored at the Eltingville Transit Center up the road. 

This is where Ulmer Park comes into the picture. Some 2012 x3-45’s go to MTA bus and UP would get some of Yukon’s current x3-45’s. There’s talk that some would be leaving. However, it’s not concrete as of yet. 

I know that Yukon doesn’t want to store down the road at Eltingville Transit Center or Forrest Hill Road. It’s a wait and see process. 

12 hours ago, transitbusfans said:

Once metrocard goes out of service in 2023, they need to preserve those metrocard sales buses as historic preservation.

Not really.  There are already seven preserved RTS buses in the historic fleet.  There is nothing historically significant about those Metrocard buses - when most people think of buying a Metrocard, they think of a Ticket Vending Machine, not an old bus.  The Transit Museum should preserve a TVM as part of a display about the Metrocard era.

The MTA has been saving far fewer buses in recent years.  There is only one Orion V preserved.  There are no New Flyer buses currently in the historic fleet, which is a real shame given the historic significance of the D60's as the system's first articulated buses.  Those are the buses we need to worry about saving, IMO. 

15 hours ago, transitbusfans said:

Once metrocard goes out of service in 2023, they need to preserve those metrocard sales buses as historic preservation.

I hate to say this, but knowing the MTA, those RTS's will most likely get scrapped.

3 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

Not really.  There are already seven preserved RTS buses in the historic fleet.  There is nothing historically significant about those Metrocard buses - when most people think of buying a Metrocard, they think of a Ticket Vending Machine, not an old bus.  The Transit Museum should preserve a TVM as part of a display about the Metrocard era.

The MTA has been saving far fewer buses in recent years.  There is only one Orion V preserved.  There are no New Flyer buses currently in the historic fleet, which is a real shame given the historic significance of the D60's as the system's first articulated buses.  Those are the buses we need to worry about saving, IMO. 

What happened to 2002 D60HF #5534 and 1999 Orion V #6326? Also, if any of those MC RTS's were to be preserved, then it should be #8319, a 1991 TMC RTS (Repowered) and the last known NYCTA TMC RTS in existence.

39 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

I hate to say this, but knowing the MTA, those RTS's will most likely get scrapped.

What happened to 2002 D60HF #5534 and 1999 Orion V #6326? Also, if any of those MC RTS's were to be preserved, then it should be #8319, a 1991 TMC RTS (Repowered) and the last known NYCTA TMC RTS in existence.

This rts bus never ages.

i hope that it is preserved.

10 hours ago, Chris.A said:

What happened to 2002 D60HF #5534 and 1999 Orion V #6326?

I think they might be done? They’re no longer listed as pending preservation.

Typical NYTM not giving a crap about the bus fleet and only babying their subways..