General WTF Moments

Cogeno

• 2 weeks later...

Serious talk that I wanted to share with you, folks - something that you need to look the next time you check your inbox.

The other day, I had received an e-mail claiming that "my Amazon Prime account will be suspended" - however in a "twist" the sender's e-mail address was "tampered" to claim that it was sent from a "legitimate organization" (for example peelregion.ca or edmonton.ca - even the one (in my case) claiming to be from cbc.ca).

This is analogous to scammers who spoof a telephone number of a local area where you live - some from businesses that you don't normally deal with!

I can't understand why scammers tend to use an "innocently legitimate" e-mail address - just to scam the innocent victims!

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

I can't understand why scammers tend to use an "innocently legitimate" e-mail address - just to scam the innocent victims!

Because, for the most part, it works. If they used an email like gotcha.ca or hahaaprilfools.com, they would not get any bites.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

Because, for the most part, it works. If they used an email like gotcha.ca or hahaaprilfools.com, they would not get any bites.

To be honest, there are many unknown variables on why your e-mail address may be ended up in the "dark web". Data breaches are just one example. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I go to a remote campus for a major technical college, where parking is free and it's close to home. However, I had to go to the main campus for a meeting and had to pay for parking. Which is all fine and good, until I get the receipt and 'it says GRATITUDE FEE - $1". Seriously, I'm tipping for me to drive my own car into a parking spot? There was no way to get out of paying it so I paid $11 for two hours for parking including that stupid tip. If they wanted to include something like, just throw it in the price. I'm sure people won't notice it.  

I swear, this tipping culture needs to stop. It's either a cash grab, goes to the owner and not employees and the cost of everything is increasing yet is shrinking in size. Hence why I only go out when I need too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Guys, I have a testimony to share.

From yesterday, My parents, 3 cousins & I spotted a black woman who was half topless wearing a gray shirt and long pants having her breasts out in public in Miami. Her shirt was cut half way above her breasts with her black nipples showing out. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/22/2024 at 3:24 PM, J. S. Bach said:

Well, you did say Miami!

That's correct and that was in the dirty ghetto area of Miami where plenty jonsers and drug addicts included homeless people be hanging out at any block begging for money to drink rum and buy drugs to smoke or sniff any substances at every corner. Be aware of your surroundings and Watch out for them!!! 

And God already blessed me with the box of salt from heaven that the half-topless woman needs to go back to her home and take her half cut gray shirt off and she needs to put her bra on before  her full t shirt above her pants. Hope Florida needs to put strict laws on public nudity on their laws books immediately. 

On 4/24/2024 at 6:33 PM, captaintrolley said:

Thanks. As a young christian man weighing in my opinion, I'm praying these women someday put their right appropriate clothing on themselves and they need to go to church casually in the Lord's house without their breast hanging out and their private parts showing out during funeral, wedding or church services.

10 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Thanks. As a young christian man weighing in my opinion, I'm praying these women someday put their right appropriate clothing on themselves and they need to go to church casually in the Lord's house without their breast hanging out and their private parts showing out during funeral, wedding or church services.

1. No one asked you.

2. If an omnipotent sky daddy with narcissistic personality disorder supposedly “created” humans in their own image, what’s sinful about the equipment we came with?

Don’t ever pursue medicine.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

1. No one asked you.

2. If an omnipotent sky daddy with narcissistic personality disorder supposedly “created” humans in their own image, what’s sinful about the equipment we came with?

Don’t ever pursue medicine.

Copy that, 10-4 over and out.

13 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Do us all a favour and destroy your CB radio while you’re at it.

Sorry, but I happen to like my CB, it has helped me several times to avoid major delays; especially on the interstates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1