Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I mean, nobody's at university, nobody can really go to Outlet Collection except to eat, and nobody can really go to Polo Park except to eat as well. I could see that working without too much trouble.

Speaking of which, at the next IRPW tomorrow Transit's proposing a 74-style sidestep for 676 on Bison to make it go around the Appleford Gate roundabout and back, set for the spring schedule. Yes, Transit themselves with that idea, not Janice Lukes. A little surprising seeing as they kind of shot down Shawn Nason's 47 Kildare idea and wanted to defer it into the TMP process, but this is apparently a cost-neutral tweak since they'll just shave a minute off of relief instead.

1 hour ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

I mean, nobody's at university, nobody can really go to Outlet Collection except to eat, and nobody can really go to Polo Park except to eat as well. I could see that working without too much trouble.

Speaking of which, at the next IRPW tomorrow Transit's proposing a 74-style sidestep for 676 on Bison to make it go around the Appleford Gate roundabout and back, set for the spring schedule. Yes, Transit themselves with that idea, not Janice Lukes. A little surprising seeing as they kind of shot down Shawn Nason's 47 Kildare idea and wanted to defer it into the TMP process, but this is apparently a cost-neutral tweak since they'll just shave a minute off of relief instead.

Where did you hear this? Can you send a link ?

7 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

Where did you hear this? Can you send a link ?

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/dmis/ViewPdf.asp?SectionId=583394
Also in that document, they somehow managed to spell "Arbour Meadow" as "Arrow Meadow" in Figure 1. ?

8 hours ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Christmas is coming soon though.

Does anyone know the list of routes they’ve changed? And how they changed them? I know the 83 is going back to being one bus doing the entire rush hour route, instead of a dedicated bus for the Murray Park area (hopefully they try that experiment again when ridership is back to normal).

5 hours ago, MMP15 said:

Does anyone know the list of routes they’ve changed? And how they changed them? I know the 83 is going back to being one bus doing the entire rush hour route, instead of a dedicated bus for the Murray Park area (hopefully they try that experiment again when ridership is back to normal).

I know the 88 50 43 45 schedule is changing 

50 is going back to its old schedule

88 back to a all day bus so no more 88-71

From what I've seen, a large number of schedules are changing.

Schedules that I know for sure are changing in some form, even if just a little, are the 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 32, 33, 43, 44, 45, 50, 67, 79, 83, 87, 88, 92, 96, 97, 98, 101, 102, 671, 672. There are probably more, but those are the ones I know for sure have some changes. That list can apply to any day of the week too.

Some notable changes are:

• The 11 will lose the Sunday Polo Park-Downtown short-turn service (11-11 to 11-14), just like on the reduced schedule. The 11 also loses the late night EB Portage-Downtown buses on Saturday and Sunday (they had already been eliminated on the Weekday schedule).
  • In the PM, the last weekday SB 16 to short-turn at Kingston Row will be at 14:53 (Stop 10911). Almost everything after will go past Kingston Row.
  • The 20 adds two weekday short-turns from Leighton Loop to Johnson & Henderson.
  • The 67 and 79 are going back to normal.
  • The 87 regains the PM trips between Crossroads and the Industrial Park.
  • As mentioned above, the 83 and 88 will finally go back to normal.
  • The 671 and 672 are being extended to Eaglewood & Longspur.

How'd they get that 671/672 extension past IRPW without actually presenting it at IRPW? At least I don't think they did, did they? ?

Also they fixed that one issue about the Grace Hospital 11/21/22 stops going 60 minutes between service right after the express cutoff. What happened previously was you had a route 11 Westwood run around 7:20 that would act like a 22 Westwood and skip the Booth/Grace/Sturgeon part.

4 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Also they fixed that one issue about the Grace Hospital 11/21/22 stops going 60 minutes between service right after the express cutoff. What happened previously was you had a route 11 Westwood run around 7:20 that would act like a 22 Westwood and skip the Booth/Grace/Sturgeon part.

That issue was rectified mid-schedule. It wasn't shown on the website, but it was fixed internally.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Isaac Williams said:

From what I've seen, a large number of schedules are changing.

Schedules that I know for sure are changing in some form, even if just a little, are the 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 32, 33, 43, 44, 45, 50, 67, 79, 83, 87, 88, 92, 96, 97, 98, 101, 102, 671, 672. There are probably more, but those are the ones I know for sure have some changes. That list can apply to any day of the week too.

Some notable changes are:

• The 11 will lose the Polo Park-Downtown short-turn service on Sunday (just like on the reduced schedule). The 11 also loses the late night Portage-Downtown buses on Saturday and Sunday.
  • In the PM, the last weekday SB 16 to short-turn at Kingston Row will be at 14:53 (Stop 10911). Almost everything after will go past Kingston Row.
  • The 20 adds two weekday short-turns from Leighton Loop to Johnson & Henderson.
  • The 67 and 79 are going back to normal.
  • The 87 regains the PM trips between Crossroads and the Industrial Park.
  • As mentioned above, the 83 and 88 will finally go back to normal.
  • The 671 and 672 are being extended to Eaglewood & Longspur.

Way for them to screw over the only decent late-night service in all of West Winnipeg...

The Winnipeg Transit Website shows only 4 routes that are changing this Sunday. However, comparing the 20 with the current and winter schedule shows a completely different schedule.

Differences  show up with 11 as well.

Winter Schedule takes effect December 13

Winnipeg Transit’s Winter Schedule will take effect Sunday, December 13. The Winter schedule is almost identical to the Fall 2020 schedule that went into effect in September.

Regular weekday service will continue with full service to all elementary, middle, and high schools in the City. Express service will continue with a 15 percent reduction, while post-secondary service will operate in a reduced capacity due largely to the fact most courses will continue to be offered remotely in January.

There have been a few minor changes to schedules for the following routes:

8 hours ago, trebor204 said:

The Winnipeg Transit Website shows only 4 routes that are changing this Sunday. However, comparing the 20 with the current and winter schedule shows a completely different schedule.

Winter Schedule takes effect December 13

Winnipeg Transit’s Winter Schedule will take effect Sunday, December 13. The Winter schedule is almost identical to the Fall 2020 schedule that went into effect in September.

Regular weekday service will continue with full service to all elementary, middle, and high schools in the City. Express service will continue with a 15 percent reduction, while post-secondary service will operate in a reduced capacity due largely to the fact most courses will continue to be offered remotely in January.

There have been a few minor changes to schedules for the following routes:

The 96 will be going back to the April schedule using 3 buses again. 

10 hours ago, trebor204 said:

Almost every route in the city is changing. If not on weekdays, then on weekends. The changes to the four routes that were listed in that news release aren’t all that minor, either.

Just a question for all those still out there busfanning right now... have you considered frequenting feeder routes and night/weekend service more than mainline rush hour routes? Adding ridership on these routes could help them avoid the axe in the future.

I personally have only rode the bus once during the pandemic, but I hope service is still adequate after this is over and not cut to the bone to make up for losses. For example, last year the 51 used to run until 1:30am on weekdays. Now the 676 does not run past midnight (the service of the 75 was made to be slightly later, but still leaves u of m before midnight). Now the only way to cross the Red River from u of m is to go downtown and back south. Cuts like this may go unnoticed during the pandemic but they will be felt when things go back to normal. The idea that busses after midnight for the 2021 budget is not a good one, but one it looks like the city might pursue. 

Spotted a sign bug after the service change, route 48 now says "Kildare" instead of "North Transcona". Either a bug or the operator on the last run accidentally hit the one for the blue snow plan.

Saw a 90 a bit further up that still had an NT sign, so I'm leaning towards bug. That sure won't confuse people for a 46 if it's at a distance.

19 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Spotted a sign bug after the service change, route 48 now says "Kildare" instead of "North Transcona". Either a bug or the operator on the last run accidentally hit the one for the blue snow plan.

Saw a 90 a bit further up that still had an NT sign, so I'm leaning towards bug. That sure won't confuse people for a 46 if it's at a distance.

Correct driver enter in the wrong code 

59 minutes ago, MMP15 said:

Just a question for all those still out there busfanning right now... have you considered frequenting feeder routes and night/weekend service more than mainline rush hour routes? Adding ridership on these routes could help them avoid the axe in the future.

On the few occasions I’ve gone busfanning since August, I’ve avoided being downtown at rush hour as much as possible and have opted for leaving on board quieter routes such as 12 and 66 when I have been there. I’ve ridden mostly feeders in that time and plan on doing most of my riding around on Saturdays when COVID cases start to come down.