ETS Centennial Celebration

A. Wong

So we had a fun day.

I stopped by Tix on the Square coming from Starbucks and walking towards City Hall. They are selling the 'Centennial Edition' bus pass covers for $1.05!!!!! :) They are probably only worth about 25 cents, maybe 50 cents. But $1.05....oh well, gotta pay for all that extra diesel fuel somehow :lol:

Looks like Esturk didn't read the last few posts in time, we still had one ticket left. So a ($5.00) virgin ticket for someone's collection.

The streetcar ride was great and so was lunch at The Druid. Too bad T6H 5307N had to split and Kevin was under the weather.

The day would have been better with trolleys on the road. Council's decision absolutely defiled our City. I could see Doug was still very upset.

After lunch we piled onto the LRT for some electric dessert. I had a bit of a power-nap on the LRT, which was easy to do after a couple brew, the hot sun beating down through the windows, and the gentle sway of the train. Very nice. I didn't want to leave really, and have to go out into that diesel infested world.

It was a very good tour.

I went on the following Strathcona tour. Unfortunatly as Doug said, Someone didn't do their homework because we couldnt get down Jasper avenue even to 100th because of the parade. So Bill, doug and myself had to redo part of the route to get around so we just centenialized the route. Worked out pretty good by rerouting part of it. Customers were happy. It was a very good tour. I always like Dougs commentary because he knows this stuff from growing up around it. so cool.

Bill and i finally did stop at the druid. but just outside to honk and wave at the gang drinking away while on our strathcona tour.

Thanks to all that came out and Thanks to Terry for getting the tickets. it was a blast.

During the Strathcona tour, did you see a white "Ford cutaway, room for 27 passengers from Prestige Limos" parked west of University Station, when your bus went around the corner?

That was the "Capital Modern" bus tour.

For the Centennial Tour, does the bus wait for you after the Streetcar ride or does it come back to finish the tour?

During the Strathcona tour, did you see a white "Ford cutaway, room for 27 passengers from Prestige Limos" parked west of University Station, when your bus went around the corner?

That was the "Capital Modern" bus tour.

For the Centennial Tour, does the bus wait for you after the Streetcar ride or does it come back to finish the tour?

Yes we did. We figured they stole dougs tour because we saw them 2-3 times on the trip.

The bus drops people off at city hall that don't wnat to go on the streetcar and returns to pick the ones that did up and return htem to silly hall after their back.

Only the AM Centennial tour matches up with and provides the streetcar ride.

What can I say, appointments happen :lol:

I know. And they don't go away. Every year, some appointments for something or other. UGH. I'm getting tired of them. Trouble is when you get older, more things start to go wrong and you end up with more flippin' appointments. UGH.

Worked out pretty good by rerouting part of it. Customers were happy.

If they had never been on the tour before they wouldn't have known the difference.

You're welcome for the tickets.

Only the AM Centennial tour matches up with and provides the streetcar ride.

The first tour, of each set of two tours, is THE Centennial Tour and is designed to meet up with the Streetcar.

• Board Admin

The downtown loop they are using is probably not as exciting as going out to the outlying areas. And the downtown is probably newer in comparison.

They could totally bring back the Highlands tour though. It's probably going to be 202.

202, doing a loop from the Library via E102 Ave, S97 St, W Jasper Ave, N109 St, E102 Ave.

The downtown loop they are using is probably not as exciting as going out to the outlying areas. And the downtown is probably newer in comparison.

They could totally bring back the Highlands tour though. It's probably going to be 202.

Is there any reason that they haven't run trolleys on the Highlands tour for the past few years? And why couldn't it be done now?

While there's history along the trolleybus line, there's a bit more intersting stuff, and nice view of the river valley, along Jasper Ave and Ada Blvd.

They could have still run something if they wanted to, however.

• 3 weeks later...

On display in Churchill Square will be:

OCC #1

Leyland #5

Twin #59

Brill #99

Pullman #113

Brill #148

New Flyer #6002

DATS van (heh, they should restore an original DATS van!)

Disappointing that the Daimler (although its condition isn't great) and 854 won't be on display. Would have been great if they brought a SD-160 down to sit with #1.

There will be tour(s) of DLM Sept. 20 1200-1600 that should be of interest, even if just for SD-160's.