York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

At least he made the GM look good, and comparing it to Viva buses. LOL :P

Correction. He said 20 years old, not 30 years old. :D

In all seriousness, I think I've seen this guy before a few times...he's that guy who always has his headphones on, and dances away to the music he's playing. As well at Finch, he once asked me if I have a cigarette (I don't smoke...). He usually has two "homeboys" with him hanging around Finch in the afternoon on some days.

that guy is crazy, this is why some bloggers piss me off, going ranting and raving about things that arent big deals (kinda ironic im doing the same thing) his worst one was the swiss chalet one, lol he complained because it took ten mintues to make his takeout order (he thought he could get in 5!) im sorry but 10mins is nothing, maybe 20+ mins id understand

that guy is crazy, this is why some bloggers piss me off, going ranting and raving about things that arent big deals (kinda ironic im doing the same thing) his worst one was the swiss chalet one, lol he complained because it took ten mintues to make his takeout order (he thought he could get in 5!) im sorry but 10mins is nothing, maybe 20+ mins id understand

hmm.. and he seems to like to delete comments as they are posted... wat a moron.. can't even accept a little criticism from others....

hmm.. and he seems to like to delete comments as they are posted... wat a moron.. can't even accept a little criticism from others....

Meh, just leave him be. If he wants to make an argument without criticism, it's not worth it trying to argue back.

Forgot to mention this before. That flashing light pole that was at the Carlton Road and Fred Varley bus stop was removed when they put up the new bus stop sign.

Forgot to mention this before. That flashing light pole that was at the Carlton Road and Fred Varley bus stop was removed when they put up the new bus stop sign.

Atleast there's still one at Mulock and Bayview. I don't know if it still works.

The Viva Transitway is beginning to take form. The curbs were laid today between Warden and the Remington sales centre. Traffic signals are being moved at the intersection of Warden and Enterprise, and curbs and traffic islands are being cut. Warden and Enterprise is going to become one weird intersection.

The Viva Transitway is beginning to take form. The curbs were laid today between Warden and the Remington sales centre. Traffic signals are being moved at the intersection of Warden and Enterprise, and curbs and traffic islands are being cut. Warden and Enterprise is going to become one weird intersection.

They haven't reached Warden yet.

When I passed by it an hour ago, they're still east of the proposed shelters.

Here are some photos, though they are a week old. Not a lot of changes since. The curbs wf30m was talking about start right about 50 metres after the shelter at the moment, which is not present in the two photos. That's about it in terms of major changes.

EDIT: For those intersted, NextBus is back up and working for mobile phones again.

img_3595.jpg

img_3598.jpg

Some extinct interlines:

- The 4 that arrives at Vaughan Mills around 3:25PM no longer goes off to do the 3:36PM eastbound 4A from Weston. It stays on the 4. Which means that...

- The PM 461 no longer starts the 3:40PM ish eastbound 4 from Vaughan Mills Mall.

- The 222 that arrives at Aurora GO Station at 7:15AM no longer goes off to start the 7:35AM northbound 34 from Allaura.

- The 426 that arrives at G. W. Williams High at 8:03AM (second bus) no longer goes off to start the 8:42AM northbound 84C from Yonge/King.

New interline:

The 54 that arrives at Southlake Hospital at 7:12AM deadheads to Bayview/Pederson to start the 7:45AM Inbound 426 (The first one).

Also, they finally placed a stop for the 22 King City on Keele just before the turn onto McNaughton (albeit a temporary one). I guess they were waiting for the construction on the southeast corner to finish, but I'm sure there were many complaints about a stop not being there.

Before this stop got put in, the stop before is at the health center (about half a block away) and the next stop wasn't until McNaughton/Eagle Rock (In front of Lowes).

http://www.yorkregion.com/news/local/artic...p-keeps-rolling

* By David Fleischer

* |

* May 07, 2010 - 8:34 AM

* |

* Recommended 0

Transit ridership keeps rolling

York Region Transit had its second consecutive month of record-setting ridership numbers in March.

Nearly 2.4 million people boarded YRT and Viva buses in March, an increase of 8.6 per cent over March 2009.

After years of steady increases, ridership in 2009 dropped slightly due to a strike at York University and fewer job-related trips during the peak of the recession.

Total ridership last month, excluding transfers, was a little more than 1.7 million.

February and January also saw noticeable increases over last year’s numbers.

Officials are seeing ridership spiking on routes along Major Mackenzie Drive, Jane Street, Rutherford Road, Bathurst Street and Leslie Street.

Rising high school ridership, particularly in Aurora, is also contributing to ridership increases.

The opening of the St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic School, on Wellington Street, has lead to a 45 per cent increase in ridership.

High gas prices are also contributing, sitting nearly 20 per cent higher in March 2010, compared to 2009.

The last ever TTC-contracted Route 25D Don Mills southbound trip is scheduled to depart from 16th Avenue now... Anyone planning to take the final 25D trip before 25D disappears?

On that same note, the last Can-Ar trip will be N/B from Finch Station on July 31 (Saturday night) at about 2:20am on the route 98/99.

On that same note, the last Can-Ar trip will be N/B from Finch Station on July 31 (Saturday night) at about 2:20am on the route 98/99.

Too bad there is no way to get back into the city.

Viva purple was on detour this morning 9:00am to around noontime. Westbound buses travelled straight along Highway 7, turned left on Warden, right onto Clegg, right onto South Town Centre, and left to Highway 7 back on route. Eastbound buses, for some reason, turned right at South Town Centre, left onto Clegg, left onto Warden, and right onto Highway 7 back to route.

The last ever TTC-contracted Route 25D Don Mills southbound trip is scheduled to depart from 16th Avenue now... Anyone planning to take the final 25D trip before 25D disappears?

RIP TTC 25 Don Mills Service North of Steeles Ave

September 8, 1987 - May 7, 2010

Here's the history of the 25 Don Mills service North of Steeles Ave

September 8, 1987

A new Monday to Saturday branch providing service until about 6:30pm From Pape Stn via the regular route to Steeles & Don Mills then via Don Mills & Leslie to West Pearce. The route then loops West on West Pearce, South on West Beaver Creek, East on Hwy 7 to Leslie St then back South.

25C Don Mills (Pape Stn - Hwy 7) (Monday to Saturday till 6:30pm)

May 24, 1988

A new Monday to Friday Rush Hour route extended to 16th Ave via West on Hwy 7, North on West Beaver Creek, North on Granton, East on 16th Ave, South on Mural, South on East Beaver Creek, West on Hwy 7 to Leslie St then back South.

25C Don Mills (Pape Stn - Hwy 7) (Monday to Friday Midday & Saturday daytime)

25D Don Mills (Pape Stn - 16th Ave) (Rush Hours Only)

September 4, 1990

The 25C "Hwy 7" branch had it's looping change. The buses loop off of Leslie St going East and North on Commerce Valley Dr to Hwy 7 then West on Hwy 7 to Leslie then Back South.

The 25D "16th Ave" branch had it's looping change. The buses loop off of Leslie St going East and North on Commerce Valley Dr to Hwy 7 then continues past Hwy 7 onto East Beaver Creek, North on Mural, West on 16th Ave, South on Granton, South on West Beaver Creek, East on Hwy 7, South on Leslie St to route.

25C Don Mills (Pape Stn - Hwy 7) (Monday to Friday Midday & Saturday daytime)

25D Don Mills (Pape Stn - 16th Ave) (Rush Hours Only)

July 19, 1992

The 25C "Hwy 7" branch discontinued. Only 25D "16th Ave" branch remains. Rush Hours only.

September 4, 1994

Minor looping change on the 25D "16th Ave" branch. Once completing the Beaver Creek loop and returning at Hwy 7 and Leslie, the routing continues past Hwy 7 going Eastbound to Commerce Valley Dr then South and West on Commerce Valley Dr to Leslie St then South on Leslie St back to route. Rush Hour Service remains.

May 12, 2002

The 25D "16th Ave" Branch now operates 7 Days a week

Spring 2003

Saturday and Sunday service is eliminated due to YRT 90 Leslie. The 25D "16th Ave" Branch continues to run Weekdays only. Rush Hours, Midday and Evening.

May 7, 2010

Last day of service on the TTC 25D Don Mills North of Steeles Ave. Service is replaced by YRT 90 & 90B Leslie out of Don Mills Stn. All 25 Don Mills buses only go as far North as Steeles Ave.

According to Wikipedia, YRT is planning to combine routes 55B and 44 in order to create a new route, which would be numbered 59. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmarket_Transit#Routes

Have any of you heard about this before? This is the first I've heard of this. Is this official, or is it made up? What do you guys think?

According to Wikipedia, YRT is planning to combine routes 55B and 44 in order to create a new route, which would be numbered 59. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newmarket_Transit#Routes

Have any of you heard about this before? This is the first I've heard of this. Is this official, or is it made up? What do you guys think?

It isn't exactly new. After all, it was in the report which outlined the next 5 years of service changes for YRT/Viva, iirc.

It's been on YRT's table for years now. It's constantly mentioned at planning meetings (such as the latest 5 year or so plan), but they never seem to go ahead and do it.