Brampton Transit/Züm

Gil

Brampton Transit impressed me on my first ride to Brampton, the drivers were nice and so were the buses and Brampton as a city was nice the people and there are quite a few good lookin' girls there too I look foward to going back to Brampton

My buses for that day aboard BT

0210 on 5 Bovaird

0614 on 17 Howard

0206 on 1 Queen

Brampton Transit impressed me on my first ride to Brampton, the drivers were nice and so were the buses and Brampton as a city was nice the people and there are quite a few good lookin' girls there too I look foward to going back to Brampton

0210 on 5 Bovaird

0614 on 17 Howard

0206 on 1 Queen

Welcome to the west end. :D

• Like 1

0210 on 5 Bovaird

0614 on 17 Howard

0206 on 1 Queen

Wow; I went there several times but were never able to get a 02. I wanted to hear the ISC engine. However, a reliable source once told me the 03s have ISC too and I rode one.

Wow; I went there several times but were never able to get a 02. I wanted to hear the ISC engine. However, a reliable source once told me the 03s have ISC too and I rode one.

Not much difference on the 02 and the 03, just LED signal lights for front and sides on the 03.

Quick question; what's the chance of catching ANY high floors on Brampton routes on a Saturday right now?

Quite high as BT has a lot of HF right now, but dont bother on Sundays. Your best bet is to actually try a non accessible route on a weekday (a route like the 30, which get HFs on weekdays regularly). Your chances of getting an HF on saturday are still pretty good though.

Quite high as BT has a lot of HF right now, but dont bother on Sundays. Your best bet is to actually try a non accessible route on a weekday (a route like the 30, which get HFs on weekdays regularly). Your chances of getting an HF on saturday are still pretty good though.

I asked weekends for a reason! LOL. Please don't say weekdays since I know they run on weekdays. Some of my friends have work Mon-Fri so they can't ride it until Sat.

Last time I went to Bramalea on Sat, it was all D40LF/LFS/VI and NO Vs.

I asked weekends for a reason! LOL. Please don't say weekdays since I know they run on weekdays. Some of my friends have work Mon-Fri so they can't ride it until Sat.

Last time I went to Bramalea on Sat, it was all D40LF/LFS/VI and NO Vs.

You would be hard-pressed to find high floors during the weekend. They have enough low-floors to cover the weekend service.

You would be hard-pressed to find high floors during the weekend. They have enough low-floors to cover the weekend service.

That's what I thought; which is why I asked in order to be sure. Besides DRT West and TTC, I'll think most systems are able to do 100% LF on weekends.

With the exception of Toronto, and MAYBE Mississauga, I do not see a reason to run high-floors, when you are promoting 100% acessibilty. But you do see a lot of HFs in Brampton during the weekdays.

Before the 2nd batch of D40LFs, DRT West was 100% HF (Vs) when I went over there Nov 2007. Me and Adrian were very surprised not a single VI or D40LF were at Pickering Town Centre on a Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

Any word/rumour/speculation as to what BT has in store for the March service improvements? Nothing on their website yet. Last March's changes kicked in the third week. It's a shortened week this year with Good Friday and Easter falling later that week. Could this possibly affect the new board period? Or is BT becoming more like the TTC and announcing their service changes with only a few days notice?

not really new (i don't think)

but saw 9640 (iirc) on the 77 with the new livery.....and it looks weird/ugly, some of the lines are very odd

Yes, 9638-9640 have been refurbished for a while now, along with 9641-9645. Speaking of refurbs, a few early refurbished Orion I's have been retired, along with the bulk of the Classic fleet.

• 1 month later...

This just in from Paul.

I was at the O.T.E. on Tuesday, 8th. April, 2008 (pictures at http://www.paul.bateson.fotopic.net/ ). I was advised by NovaBus that Brampton Transit has placed an order for 33 NovaBus LFS40102 for delivery in November 2008 (17) and January 2009 (16). By my calculations this will bring the fleet up to 96 LFS40102 buses which is quite impressive.

Regards.

Paul A. Bateson,

Brampton, Ontario.

At least they didn't go back to NFI; that's a relief. However, I was hoping more towards the NG instead of more LFSes to make it more diverse.

There isnt anything wrong with our NFIs.

Yeah, your 02XXs don't rattle when they're idling, yet a lot of the 2005 LFSes already rattle pretty badly when idling. How do I know this? Why because I take BT to go home everyday after school. If I remember correctly, 0604 and 0609 are some the worst units when it comes to rattling on idle.

Yeah, your 02XXs don't rattle when they're idling, yet a lot of the 2005 LFSes already rattle pretty badly when idling. How do I know this? Why because I take BT to go home everyday after school. If I remember correctly, 0604 and 0609 are some the worst units when it comes to rattling on idle.

Must be all those damn Brampton potholes!

The 2008-2009 Novabuses are the second batch of the three year order arrangement that I remember BT having arranged that started with the 2006s on the road (that arrived around the end of 2006/early 2007 if I remember correctly). NFI had a similar three year order with the 2002, 2003 and 2004 series. I remember an issue at BT when Nova was the chosen supplier, that Orion was annoyed with the change to the stainless steel frame.

Does Orion have problems filling orders for smaller systems, given that they are so busy with TTC and MTA?

Sean

Must be all those damn Brampton potholes!

Off topic: Where's that shot you've taken on your Signature?

The problem is that mechanics spends more time fixing the D40LF than the LFS, so far.

Bramalea satellite Garage, Steeles & Bramalea Road, Brampton. Its in the parking lot of Bramalea GO Station.

I knew that, but it was a strange location setup making it hard for me to tell.

Anyway, I've looked at the new Sandelwood garage photos, it's getting close to complete. Once it's opened at the end of April or early May, it will house 200 buses total!

Bramalea satellite Garage, Steeles & Bramalea Road, Brampton. Its in the parking lot of Bramalea GO Station.

Very good guess...when I took the photo they were lined against the north fence (except the Prevost which was sitting further up).

Anyway, I've looked at the new Sandelwood garage photos, it's getting close to complete. Once it's opened at the end of April or early May, it will house 200 buses total!

Yes. I've driven by it and also seen reference as to what the interior will look like. But on the outside, it seems like a pretty bland building.