Today's Sightings

When I was taking 31-068 on the 90 yesterday morning, I noticed it showing "Départ dans 2 minutes" a few times at intermediate stops. We were ahead of schedule. I think this is new, as I've only seen it at termini in the past.

1 hour ago, Gerbil said:

When I was taking 31-068 on the 90 yesterday morning, I noticed it showing "Départ dans 2 minutes" a few times at intermediate stops. We were ahead of schedule. I think this is new, as I've only seen it at termini in the past.

I saw the same thing when I boarded 33-838 on the 470 at Fairview heading to Côte-Vertu yesterday. It was saying "Départ dans 3 minutes". It was also ahead of schedule. This must be a new thing.

4 hours ago, Blue Hybrid Bus said:

Today I saw the following buses at CT Saint-Laurent:

• Frontenac's 38-015
  • Mont-Royal's 30-077. This bus is missing a few parts at the rear.
  • Anjou's 30-219. Perhaps CT Saint-Laurent will receive more diesel buses when Anjou gets more hybrids.

I passed by there as well today and saw all those as well as LS 25-212, MR 25-240, LS 29-121, and 31-197.

I took 28-018 on the 90-E at 8:20 (SL extra 196-63) this morning. This run has mostly been getting ex-LS 2008's lately. Very dull. This one was marginally interesting because it's an ex-AN bus I'd never taken before.

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, En Transit said:

Just saw a brand new Nova Bus LFS hybrid with the new drivers window and the rear destination sign in the top right corner heading east on the highway  40 by Sources. 

I also saw that bus. Maybe the 40 series will be configured like this. 

Yesterday (August 2nd), I was on the road and happened to cross Réseau de Transport de la Capitale's 1952, another VanHool, in Edmunston, New Brunswick, on a flatbed. It was heading towards Québec City.

Edited by Odieville2
yesterday was August 2nd, not 3rd
  • Thanks 1

I took 28-009 on the 90-W at 20:30. It left Atwater 19 minutes late! The bus scheduled after (29-067) left a few minutes before and was packed when we passed it.

Also, the schedules and GTFS data for the fall are out. I'll update my site in the next few hours.

I took 24-258 on the 90-W at 17:59. It still has the TopoDyn transmission, so it makes for a unique ride: quieter than the other 2001-2004 models. It also has a high pitched bell. The floor has buckled behind the front curb-side wheel. It's been patched over with duct tape.

1 hour ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

I took MR 26-056 on the 495 this afternoon. Accessibility violation as usual at LaSalle. It has a high pitched bell and large front exterior fleet numbers.

When you look at the schedules for LS routes, there are just way too many accessible runs. The 90-E is all accessible departures from 14:55 until the end of the day (20 different runs), for example. 

-

I took 24-243 on the 90-W at 17:46 today. Guess what? Also an accessibility violation. This was the last LS 24-XXX I had no record of riding. I'm mostly missing AN's 24-XXX now. I've been on all the 24-XXX from LE except 24-234, 24-264 and 24-271, and most of the SN ones.