TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

11 minutes ago, Ed T. said:

Oh come on. We know it's YOU who is ensuring that all hand-me-downs go to Queensway. That's the secret part of your purview.

If it were up to me, all the 79s would be in a convoy headed east tonight. What gets sent to replace them is beyond my pay scale.

Crybabies gonna cry regardless.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, Bus_Medic said:

9D4BA0AA-63EB-432E-9EF3-E43E3D0BFDBA.thumb.jpeg.ad10bd7e5d9a323c697e6838e047f644.jpeg

took ‘em long enough.

It honestly genuinely pains me to see the Orion VII's retire tbh and I personally disagree very strongly with the opinion of "took 'em long enough."

On 11/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, Bus_Medic said:

The 2006s have held up far better than the 2007-09s, but the nova hybrids win hands down.

I hard disagree with your opinion. The 2006s are by far the best and are way more impressive than the nova's in my opinion.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, EvanLelaVlogs1097 said:

LIVE: i just saw #1080 on the 112

Excuse me, this forum is for bus retirement discussions. Not RADs.

20 hours ago, EvanLelaVlogs1097 said:

I saw #8089 and #8092 on the 112 yesterday and their engines sounded horrible they might be next for retiring

They can always be looked at and fixed. Besides the 8000s aren't beginning to retire as of yet. Who knows? Could be early into 2022 or later.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, The Queensway said:

Kinda suspicious. It looks like somebody could had purposely set it on fire.

It's like people want novas and only novas or something. (assuming someone did set the bus on fire)

On 12/4/2021 at 9:14 AM, The Queensway said:

Excuse me, this forum is for bus retirement discussions. Not RADs.

They can always be looked at and fixed. Besides the 8000s aren't beginning to retire as of yet. Who knows? Could be early into 2022 or later.

That would be reassuring if the ttc didn't install luggage racks on 3330 to start replacing the current airport buses. (according to the cptdb wiki.)

3 hours ago, kewl said:

It's like people want novas and only novas or something. (assuming someone did set the bus on fire)

That would be reassuring if the ttc didn't install luggage racks on 3330 to start replacing the current airport buses. (according to the cptdb wiki.)

It was a short circuit. Not arson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, bus_7246 said:

Hope the driver and passengers are ok. 

And yes this bus is very likely to die especially because the fleet is not far from their retirement.

5 hours ago, The Queensway said:

Hope the driver and passengers are ok. 

And yes this bus is very likely to die especially because the fleet is not far from their retirement.

No passengers, it was a deadhead that finished 40 at DW stn and decided to use the gardiner to deadhead back to the division.

But yes, hope the operator is alright.

I also agree that it's likely it'll be used as a parts bus since the recent 8045 went for scrap, i'm sure they most likely need another bus to replace that parts bus 

• Like 1