Oakville Transit

ORION

I have an OT Arboc question.

The TTS Oakville-Burlington charter in 2015 included a visit to the Oakville garage.  There I recall seeing some of the then new Arbocs, of which I thought there were seven, numbered 1521-1527 (Oakville's numbering scheme  uses XX 21 and up for Care-a-Van vehicles).   But I have not seen 1525-1527 since then, and the CPTDB Wiki indicates the 2015 Arboc vehicles to be 1521-1524.  

I do have my senior moments and this may be one of them.  Am I missing something here?

• Root Admin
14 hours ago, doug_oak said:

I have an OT Arboc question.

The TTS Oakville-Burlington charter in 2015 included a visit to the Oakville garage.  There I recall seeing some of the then new Arbocs, of which I thought there were seven, numbered 1521-1527 (Oakville's numbering scheme  uses XX 21 and up for Care-a-Van vehicles).   But I have not seen 1525-1527 since then, and the CPTDB Wiki indicates the 2015 Arboc vehicles to be 1521-1524.  

I do have my senior moments and this may be one of them.  Am I missing something here?

9201, 1121-1122, 1321-1323, 1421-1422, 1521-1525, 1621-1624. 17 total. We have two more coming end of the month, but I believe 9201 will be retired.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Orion VII #4106 has been retired. We are down to 5 left. There will be one more retirement by the end of this month and we should have two of them left in service until May. 2004 New Flyer D40LF #5106 (ex-London Transit 462) is also scheduled to be retired this year, with the other 3 2005 New Flyer D40LF buses to follow. All 2017 Nova LFS buses are now in service (#1701-1706). Still waiting for the 2018 Grand West Vicinity Buses. They will be numbered #1801-1808.

SEON is almost complete with the camera installations. Buses 2007 and newer will be the only ones receiving the camera equipment.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 7520 said:

Orion VII #4106 has been retired. We are down to 5 left. There will be one more retirement by the end of this month and we should have two of them left in service until May. 2004 New Flyer D40LF #5106 (ex-London Transit 462) is also scheduled to be retired this year, with the other 3 2005 New Flyer D40LF buses to follow. All 2017 Nova LFS buses are now in service (#1701-1706). Still waiting for the 2018 Grand West Vicinity Buses. They will be numbered #1801-1808.

SEON is almost complete with the camera installations. Buses 2007 and newer will be the only ones receiving the camera equipment.

Oh wow !! I remember when those D40LF's were brand new. I wonder what will be ordered to replace the 2006's next year.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
On 2018-01-24 at 9:00 PM, Kelvin3157 said:

So, any news on 8109?

8109 is stored for the winter as I mentioned in previous posts.

Orion VII 4113 was retired today. 4109 and 4111 will see service for the very last time this Wednesday, January 31st and will be retired. This will leave two Orion VIIs 4101 and 4102 left in service.

• Sad 1

Not enough notice to no notice. Not good for customer service and certainly violates AODA. I just checked their facebook page and theres nothing. I bet if I posted that link there right now everyone would be in panic mode. These days on Transit going on strike you're giving Uber and cab companies the money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the area so I've been interested in it ever since I heard of it. Unfortunately there's not much information about it beyond this

In addition to private development proposals, the Town of Oakville intends to build a local transit facility around Regional Road 25 and Dundas Street. The facility is to hold 6 to 8 bus bays for local and regional transit service. There is a fundamental opportunity to encourage active transportation by providing pedestrian and cycling links through this transit hub.

https://www.oakville.ca/assets/2011 planning/ps-OldBronte-StreetscapePlanMar12.PDF

Hopefully that study for this terminal that's mentioned in the Town's budget is concluded sooner than later

On 2/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, ItsAMetro said:

I live in the area so I've been interested in it ever since I heard of it. Unfortunately there's not much information about it beyond this

https://www.oakville.ca/assets/2011 planning/ps-OldBronte-StreetscapePlanMar12.PDF

Hopefully that study for this terminal that's mentioned in the Town's budget is concluded sooner than later

I would think that terminal would be constructed if and when the frequencies and services (not just the 5-Dundas) are more reliable so that transfers are better utilized. Maybe that's the wrong word, but more importantly, services would be more frequent in my opinion for that terminal to be used better I think.

On another note, for this year and next year, the budget for Oakville Transit is roughly $22 million, with a bit of an increase to $23 million for 2020. Part of this (I think for this year) is to improve services on many conventional routes. On that note alone, I can only speculate whether it means to improve frequency, expand service hours or have a new route or two.

Are there any other details I'm missing? Oh yes. I do want to mention that for next year, $$ (sorry, forgot the amounts specifically) is being allocated for "Major Bus Refurbishment." To my understanding, buses in the past couple years have been refurbed at 8 years in their service lives. The last of the 2009 LFR's have come back form NFI (9108 and 9110). The need for refurbishments. Knowing that it had taken almost a couple years for all of the 2009 LFR's to be refurbished, it should be about right for next year at around this time for the 2011 XD40s to be done. I would speculate perhaps that 3 of them would be refurbed next year and the other 3 in 2020. As always, things can change.

6 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Is it normal to see a 51xx on the 24? First time I've ever seen one on it; I'm used to seeing Novas and newer NFs. Or I just suppose its because there's only 4 in the fleet...

Im pretty sure the D40LFs can be found on any route

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Is it normal to see a 51xx on the 24? First time I've ever seen one on it; I'm used to seeing Novas and newer NFs. Or I just suppose its because there's only 4 in the fleet...

4 hours ago, 51 Leslie said:

Im pretty sure the D40LFs can be found on any route

The D40LF's are randomly found on any route. Because there is only 4 left they are a bit harder to find.

• Like 1

Route 6-Upper Middle and 33-Palermo schedules are being decoupled effective March 4, coincident with an improvement in Mon-Fri peak headways on each route from 60 to 30 minutes.   This is an increase of two peak buses.   At other times, the 33 will not operate, and the 6 headway is reduced from 60 to 45 minutes except for evenings when it remains at 60.   Most OT routes operate on strict 15-30-60 minute headways, so the 6 will be off that. However, because Bronte GO does not have timed pulses and the other routes serving Sheridan College are fairly frequent, the 45 minute headway should work ok.

• Root Admin

We received two new Arboc "Spirit of Freedom" buses this morning. #1721 and #1722. They come equipped with Hanover Displays, stop request buttons, ceiling bars and 10 forward facing seats. These buses will be used in regular service rotation along with dedicated care-a-van service. They are gas powered with regular suspension, instead of air ride.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, 7520 said:

New Flyer D40LFR buses 9111 and 9113 are now at New Flyer being refurbished. 9112 will be the last bus completed for this contract once either 11 or 13 return.

For some reason I had thought both of those units, including 9112 were already done. Okay at least that makes sense why I hadn't been seeing 9111 in quite awhile.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:38 AM, doug_oak said:

Route 6-Upper Middle and 33-Palermo schedules are being decoupled effective March 4, coincident with an improvement in Mon-Fri peak headways on each route from 60 to 30 minutes.   This is an increase of two peak buses.   At other times, the 33 will not operate, and the 6 headway is reduced from 60 to 45 minutes except for evenings when it remains at 60.   Most OT routes operate on strict 15-30-60 minute headways, so the 6 will be off that. However, because Bronte GO does not have timed pulses and the other routes serving Sheridan College are fairly frequent, the 45 minute headway should work ok.

The Route 6 would have its last trip going to as far as Joshua Tree Road then to head west and go to Oakville GO via Sheridan. Would there be just an additional exposure for the 6 in this case:

"6 - Oakville GO" (then beneath it)

Via Upper Middle & Sheridan."

• 2 weeks later...