Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

Word from TransLink: No more Expo and Millennium Line trains until further notice due to recent earthquake. SeaBus and CL to remain operating and no bus bridges will be set up. Full shut down is for guideway inspection.

**UPDATE FOR 12:46AM: According to TL on Twitter, a shuttle bus is being set up. No details available.**

**UPDATE FOR 1:00AM: shuttle running from Waterfront to Surrey stopping at all stations**

I Hope people realize they cant wake up all the bus drivers. People better have better reasoning about this particular shutdown.

You have too much faith in the "general public"

I've already seen this:

"Fucking christ a tiny fucking jiggle and TransLink shuts down and I'm stranded downtown, fuck this fucking city I felt 3 times this in New Zealand and no one blinke"

"My 19 bus just snapped a trolley wire and is sitting in the middle of Hastings powerless lmao fuck you and die TransLink"

They're resuming service now for the last runs. The nightbuses are out, so baloney you wouldn't be able to get home.

The N9 is a VERY poor replacement for the Millennium Line. The first one is an hour after the last train, there's only 3 of them, and unlike the N19, there's no daytime equivalent you can take before it starts. There is NO alternative service if the trains aren't running, and waiting around nearly 3 hours for a bus is hardly a solution.

The N9 is a VERY poor replacement for the Millennium Line. The first one is an hour after the last train, there's only 3 of them, and unlike the N19, there's no daytime equivalent you can take before it starts. There is NO alternative service if the trains aren't running, and waiting around nearly 3 hours for a bus is hardly a solution.

you could take a cab you would still get home

you could take a cab or other buses or walk you would still get home

That's an extremely arrogant response. The N9 is among the longest routes in the system; walking 30+ km isn't a particularly attractive option. Also, what "other" buses are you referring to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personal account from a person I know - a 43 bus this morning on it's way to UBC from Joyce Station encountered an incident where a pool of hot, steaming water just suddenly fell in the middle (rotating) section of the bus. I can't believe that such a thing can happen on a bus! Serious injuries could have resulted from people being burned by the hot water being poured on them from overhead.

• 2 weeks later...