Winnipeg Transit 100s enter service

tovinman

New Flyer quality! Those panels are rather flimsy anyways. Doesn't help that they guys that work on them can't be bothered to put things back together right. Looks like a road repair job by a bus driver though (yes, some guys carry duct tape).

Too bad it cant be used on transit patrons. Rode the 21 last week, this guy started yelling his ass off right in my ear like, 2 feet away from me. Also surprised the driver let another guy on with a bike when the bus was fully seated with a few standees...

That back panel falling loose problem seems to happen somewhat in Vancouver too with the pre-2010 x40LFRs and x60LFRs that we have... =S

It goes to all transit system, those lock screws do come loose from time to time or sometimes mechanics forgot to close it back!

The rumour I heard today was that the entire balance of the order would be at FRG before the end of next week. (I think I'll bet, ummm..., a gummy bear on that).

Thats good! Wonder what the 2012 order is going to be, and if it will wipe the Classics off the roster. Some of them are looking even more beat up than the D40s, particularly when the seat slid out from under me and my ass nearly hit the floor when it was zooming down Portage :)

As far as I know, there will be no separate scheme for the rapid transit. At most, there may just be a new P/R on the destination sign that says "160 RAPID TRANSIT - DOWNTOWN".

There is going to be a separate scheme for some of the new buses, but like I said, probably just different decals on the the same colour scheme buses. It's called branding and will help to sell the service.

There is going to be a separate scheme for some of the new buses, but like I said, probably just different decals on the the same colour scheme buses. It's called branding and will help to sell the service.

If I'm still in Winnipeg, I'd take rapid transit. Kinda hard to find a parking spot in Osborne Village, and I have no car to begin with!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...