140 - 62 & 78

141 - 38 (Rode It)

142 - 21

143 - 54 & 59

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

And yes transit boy, I got an inside picture too

IMG_0475.JPG

My thoughts on the new one's you ask? Well first off, the seats are a major change. I found that these new "Kiel" seats were rather small, compared to their American Seating predecessors. It will take a bit of getting used to for myself on the back portion. Additionally, the seat bottoms are kind of short. They leave a large overhang of your legs which can get uncomfortable after a while. Plus, the seats at the back have no foot rest, but that's beside the point. But the rest of the new interior is quite nice. They come with newer advertisement racks, where there is no longer a gap between the roof and the racks (where I seen transit stuff it with schedules and tissues to prevent it from rattling too much). The new HVAC vent I noticed has been modified to accommodate the Stop Display, if you look closely at my photo and that of an Xcelsior, they're different. Many of the people on the bus with me noticed it's 'new-ness' and commented on how large and blocking the view the HVAC is. I do like the rear better as it is much simpler looking than having the grills.

And I had an interesting ride on 141. The Stop Announcements were way off. Portage Place - "Keewatin West", Portage/Vaughan North - "St. James at Ness North", Isabel/Sargent - "Henderson at Whellams." I LOL-ed :blink:

Overall it's a great bus, my only complaint being the seats.

Yes, there were 4 2011 D40LFR's running in the PM Peak

140 - 62 & 78

141 - 38 (Rode It)

142 - 21

143 - 54 & 59

My thoughts on the new one's you ask? Well first off, the seats are a major change. I found that these new "Kiel" seats were rather small, compared to their American Seating predecessors. It will take a bit of getting used to for myself on the back portion. Additionally, the seat bottoms are kind of short. They leave a large overhang of your legs which can get uncomfortable after a while. Plus, the seats at the back have no foot rest, but that's beside the point. But the rest of the new interior is quite nice. They come with newer advertisement racks, where there is no longer a gap between the roof and the racks (where I seen transit stuff it with schedules and tissues to prevent it from rattling too much). The new HVAC vent I noticed has been modified to accommodate the Stop Display, if you look closely at my photo and that of an Xcelsior, they're different. Many of the people on the bus with me noticed it's 'new-ness' and commented on how large and blocking the view the HVAC is. I do like the rear better as it is much simpler looking than having the grills.

And I had an interesting ride on 141. The Stop Announcements were way off. Portage Place - "Keewatin West", Portage/Vaughan North - "St. James at Ness North", Isabel/Sargent - "Henderson at Whellams." I LOL-ed :blink:

They look nice. Now I have a question. Are those LED of florescent lights?

In other news, lots of leg overhang on the seats you say. That should be interesting for me...

may be someone can update the wiki and put the first run on?

Yes, there were 4 2011 D40LFR's running in the PM Peak

140 - 62 & 78

141 - 38 (Rode It)

142 - 21

143 - 54 & 59

Weeknees seats

Stranght speed, smooth , lights

What is that on the top AC or Heater or both?

That's a work in progress!! :unsure: I got a few, but the bus was just going pretty slow. I'm gonna find a ride video where it's more exciting!

I'll try to get something on Tuesday. I am determined to be the first to post a video of these new ones! :P