2010 Edmonton and Area Spottings

T6H-5307N

Another event on ets property even though it started off property

Edmonton police are looking for six suspects who assaulted and stabbed an 18-year-old male at the Millwoods Transit Centre Wednesday afternoon.

Police say the teen was walking across the parking lot at the centre, near 50 Street and 23 Avenue, around 4 p.m. when six men in a vehicle confronted him.

The victim ran towards the buses, but the suspects chased after him, cops say. They caught up to him and began punching and kicking him.

Police say he was also stabbed in the back three times, though the wounds were superficial. He was treated in hospital and released.

Investigators will be looking at video surveillance in the area to try and identify the suspects.

Ugh another incident

Driver on bus at 86 street and Argyl Road just spat on the head by a passenger.

Spit can be very dangerous. it takes up to 9 months to find out if you caught anything from the spit which contains lots of disease.

I personally would rather be hit.

Just crazy city. no wonder people are giving up on transit.

Ugh another incident

Driver on bus at 86 street and Argyl Road just spat on the head by a passenger.

Spit can be very dangerous. it takes up to 9 months to find out if you caught anything from the spit which contains lots of disease.

I personally would rather be hit.

Just crazy city. no wonder people are giving up on transit.

And the accident replacement finishes at Abbottsfield and deadheads to Ferrier. They really gotta stop doing that. What a waste.

And the accident replacement finishes at Abbottsfield and deadheads to Ferrier. They really gotta stop doing that. What a waste.

why cant they just find someone finishing at ferrier. ugh. its 930 someoe has to be done the shift.

why cant they just find someone finishing at ferrier. ugh. its 930 someone has to be done the shift.

That's not the point. (Even though this particular A/R is a WW bus).

They were calling for a garagebound Ferrier bus, but a WW driver answered the call first.

The point is finishing a run at one end of town and deadheading to the garage that is furthest away. Happens all the time. There's no logic in the planning.

Cheerleader competitions at Shep this evening and a nice handful of highway coaches laying over at the north end of Westmount mall. I saw an old Greyhound (had number 346 at the back but the number looked tampered with), a Moose Mountain /West World Tours # 94, a Prince Albert Northern, another unit that was totally white but something tells me it used to be a Golden Arrow. Mike reports seeing an Eaglsheim Sask bus too.

Cheerleader competitions at Shep this evening and a nice handful of highway coaches laying over at the north end of Westmount mall. I saw an old Greyhound (had number 346 at the back but the number looked tampered with), a Moose Mountain /West World Tours # 94, a Prince Albert Northern, another unit that was totally white but something tells me it used to be a Golden Arrow. Mike reports seeing an Eaglsheim Sask bus too.

Andrew and I saw an Englehim (sp?) 102A3 at a south (DEEP south) Edmonton hotel on returning to Edmonton yesterday. Might have been the same one, might have been a different one. They are an operator from Saskatchewan.

Different one, I saw #214, along with Prince Albert Northern 161 and 163.

Andrew and I saw an Englehim (sp?) 102A3 at a south (DEEP south) Edmonton hotel on returning to Edmonton yesterday. Might have been the same one, might have been a different one. They are an operator from Saskatchewan.

http://www.edmonton.ca/transportation/Meadows-Apr25-2010.gif

Latest ETS insanity-Meadows TC

Despite there being plenty of empty bays in the transit centre, the 33 and 90 will stop on the street away from the Park N Lot and the other buses.

I know!! What's the point of that?? Obviously that would be a good spot for routes passing the Transit Center, but last time I checked, the 33 and 90 terminate at Meadows which a bay spot makes perfect sense. I hope Meadows doesn't turn out like another Government Transit Center. Speaking of Govn't TC, one less route running there after April 25, route 17.

The April In Transit is avalible on the ETS website now.

I just hope it's a preliminary version, and not the final, print version!

http://www.edmonton.ca/transportation/ets/transit-news.aspx

The Every Day Way to Century Park

You’re invited to join the party as we celebrate the opening of the final leg of the South LRT Extension on Saturday, April 24.

Representatives from the Federal and Provincial governments, Edmonton City Council and other dignitaries will be participating in official ceremonies at both Southgate and Century Park LRT Stations.

The Southgate ceremony is at 10am followed by Century Park at 10:30am.

LRT travel to Southgate and Century Park stations is free from 11am to 6pm on Saturday. Take in the ETS Community Fair activities at both sites. Travel is free on the entire LRT line to the new stations during these hours only. Regular fares apply for the remainder of Saturday to South Campus Station only.

Regular LRT service to Century Park starts Sunday, April 25.

Join Us at the ETS Community Fair

ETS is hosting a Community Fair as part of the official opening celebrations of Southgate and Century Park LRT Stations.

Come and celebrate with us on Saturday, April 24 from 10am to 5pm. We’ve organized events at both the Southgate and Century Park sites.

This free family event includes the opening ceremonies for Southgate and Century Park LRT Stations and features presentations, displays, tours, kid’s activities and entertainment.

Take the train to Century Park and ride the entire line for FREE from 11am to 6pm. At all other times on Saturday trains run to South Campus only and fares are required. Free travel applies to the LRT only.

Regular service to Century Park begins on Sunday, April 25.

Come to the ETS Community Fair

Get ready to party as ETS brings back our Community Fair!

Last year’s event was so successful, we’re bringing it back as part of the opening celebrations for Southgate and Century Park LRT stations on Saturday, April 24.

Mark your calendars and plan to attend this free, day-long event featuring official opening ceremonies, family-oriented activities, presentations and tours of the new Centennial Garage.

Take a ride on the train to the new stations before the start of regular service, and enjoy a great day out with the entire family. (Regular service to Southgate and Century Park stations starts Sunday, April 25.)

3 rather similar pieces. 3rd one might be left overs from the March 2010 In Transit newsletter as it the exact same wording as the March newsletter.

Moving on... looking at the new April schedules...

The 74 apparently loses service. There is a gap in service between 9:09 and 9:56 heading to Century Park/ Southgate. Buses leave at around :00 and :30 from Mill Woods, instead of the existing :15 and :45. They revert to existing schedules around 14:46 (currently there is an extra trip at 14:30 from Mill Woods, this changes to a 14:26 trip).

ETS appears to have wanted to keep the 59 seperated from the 74. Currently, 59s midday are out of Mill Woods around :23 and :53. New schedules would have put them 3 minutes before 74. They have now been changed :07 and :37 which is similar to weekend times. This also means there is no need for a transition bus from :10 :40 to :23 :53 that currently runs just before 9 (so there's 30 minutes or so with 3 59s).

A transition bus like this should be in place on the 74 to maintain about 30 minute frequencies.

Of course, the 59/74 spacing isn't perfect. :07 :26 :37 :56, so 11 minutes and 19 minutes.

316 departing Century Park at 15:20 is apparently a low floor bus.

79 maintains double headed community shuttle trips.

The 33... are they still working on the schedule? What I'm looking at on the ETS website has awhole lot of blank spaces for all midday service from Millgate to WEM, and back to Meadows!

I believe that it has been noted that 4 trains go into service at Century Park, it appears 1 goes out of service there (1:15). 15 minute service requires 5 trains, but the schedule only shows 4 ending at Clareview.

I wonder if the last train would stop for stragglers? Kind of like how a garage bound trolleybus would run in service? Would ETS deny a ride to passenger who missed the last scheduled train?

Anyways, that's enough thinking for one night.

My mind is hurting look at the clusterfuck that is Mill Woods/ Ellerslie. It reminds me why I went and got my learners.

Check the schedule, it's a big bus now, but still numbered in the 300's for some reason.

Fun, fun, shuttle ride quality on the henday <_<

The PDF version shows the full trips. It seems that there's some glitch online where trips from Meadows don't show up from Millgate-WEM. A similar thing happened with the 106 when the route was rejoined, where the times in Lessard didn't show up on through trips.

The 33... are they still working on the schedule? What I'm looking at on the ETS website has awhole lot of blank spaces for all midday service from Millgate to WEM, and back to Meadows!

ETS has published their summary of changes, and it states that the 74 is being shifted so that it alternates with the 17 between Century Park and Southgate. Curiously, both the 17 and 74 are being shifted by 15 minutes to alternate, meaning that ETS could have left the buses on their current times, and still had the alternation without confusion to riders. And of course, given that the LRT is now running to Century Park, there is really no need to have the 74 continue to Southgate, so ETS could have left the 74 times alone by having it run Mill Woods-Century Park only, and either making a new route to cover the Southgate-Century Park portion, increasing service on the 17 and 45 (given that there's very little area that the 44/74 exclusivley serve that those two routes don't), or by simply having the 44 take over the off peak service on the portion of the route north of Century Park.

The 74 apparently loses service. There is a gap in service between 9:09 and 9:56 heading to Century Park/ Southgate. Buses leave at around :00 and :30 from Mill Woods, instead of the existing :15 and :45. They revert to existing schedules around 14:46 (currently there is an extra trip at 14:30 from Mill Woods, this changes to a 14:26 trip).

ETS has published their summary of changes, and it states that the 74 is being shifted so that it alternates with the 17 between Century Park and Southgate. Curiously, both the 17 and 74 are being shifted by 15 minutes to alternate, meaning that ETS could have left the buses on their current times, and still had the alternation without confusion to riders.

And then by extension, the 59 was moved around.

I see ETS doesn't disappoint with the slogans on the schedules for for the new routes 53 and 90.

53- Girls Night Out, except the bus runs from M-F 0600-1800

90- Weekend of fun, except this route run M-F peak hours only.

The 55 will also apparently have some big bus runs in the PM peak.

• Board Admin
NAIT students vote for U-Pass

EDMONTONJOURNAL.COMMARCH 26, 2010

EDMONTON — NAIT students voted Thursday to adopt the universal transit pass, joining students from the University of Alberta and Grant MacEwan University.

Students voted 68 per cent in favour of the U-Pass, with 2,012 students voting, the highest turnout since 1998, said NAIT Students' Association executive Tess Cocchio. The online polls were open from March 19 to March 25.

Each full-time student will pay $110 a semester for the year 2010-11, $125 a semester the following year and $140 a semester in the final year, in exchange for a semester-long transit pass. People in the apprentice program aren't included.

Students have seen the value of the program for MacEwan and U of A students, Cocchio said. "We're looking for improved services and higher ridership."

NAIT is located on a proposed new LRT line scheduled to be complete in 2014.

© Copyright © The Edmonton Journal

Source: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmont...6549/story.html

ETS must be lazy making their new maps... some are still in the black/gray format, with the pink only being the little stuff in the map...

Exhibit A: http://webdocs.edmonton.ca/transit/route_s...APR10/RT151.GIF

Compared to: http://webdocs.edmonton.ca/transit/route_s...APR10/RT001.GIF ... where the map is ALL pink.

Yeah, they only update the map if the route actually changes. If not, it retains the blue format from the old maps :huh: