Vaughan Transit provided public transit service in the Town of Vaughan since 1973. Maintainance and operations were contracted out to Travelways Maple Leaf, that later became Tokmakjian Inc in 1983 (operator of Can-ar Coach Service). Vaughan Transit also offered a curb-to-curb parallel transit service known as the Access Bus, designed specifically for physically disabled passengers.
On January 1, 2001, Vaughan Transit was merged into York Region Transit.
Before the amalgamation, Vaughan Transit offered the following services in the City of Vaughn
- Route 1 Woodbridge (Steeles via Islington) (now YRT route 11 Woodbridge)
- Route 2 Pine Valley (Steeles to Aberdeen) (now YRT route 12 Pine Valley)
- Route 3 Islington (Steeles to Rutherford) (now YRT route 13 Islington)
- Route 3A Islington (Steeles to Kleinburg) (now YRT route 13 Islington)
- Route 4 Major Mackenzie (Maple to Richmond Hill) (now YRT route 4 Major Mackenzie)
- Route 4A Major Mackenzie (Langstaff to Richmond Hill) (now YRT route 4 Major Mackenzie)
- Route 4B Major Mackenzie (Wonderland to Richmond Hill) (now YRT route 4 Major Mackenzie)
- Route 5 Clark (Glen Shields to Finch Station) (now YRT route 5 Clark)
- Route 6 Ansley Grove (Steeles to Langstaff) (parts now TTC route 37D Islington] and YRT route 10 Woodbridge)
- Route 7 Martin Grove (Steeles to Highway 27) (now YRT route 7 Martin Grove)
- Route 7A Martin Grove (Steeles to Coronation) (now YRT route 7 Martin Grove)
- Route 7B Martin Grove (Highway 7 to Highway 27 via Steeles) (now YRT route 7 Martin Grove)
- Route 8 New Westminister (Steeles to Bathurst) (part now TTC route 160 Bathurst North)
- Route 9 Rutherford (now YRT route 85 Rutherford-16th)
- Route 27 Highway 27 (Steeles to Highway 7) (now 27 Highway 27)
- Route 46 Maple/Woodbridge (Steeles to Richmond Hill)
- Route 77 Highway 7 via Centre (Finch Station to Brampton) (now YRT route 77 Highway 7)
- Route 77A Highway 7 via Clark (Finch Station to Brampton) (now YRT route 77 Highway 7)
- Route 77E Highway 7 Express
Route 77, 77A and 77E were operated in conjunction with Brampton Transit, using buses from both agencies.