York Region Transit route 13 'Islington'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II , New Flyer D40LF/R , Van Hool A330 , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
13 Islington is a base bus route operated by York Region Transit in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada.
Route 13 mainly serves Islington Ave. between Steeles Ave. and Highway 27, and Napa Valley Ave.
This route has 2 branches:
- 13 Steeles Avenue (Islington Loop) - Napa Valley via Rutherford (Monday to Saturday)
- 13 Steeles Avenue (Islington Loop) - Kleinburg (Weekday rush hours only)
This route serves the Sonoma Heights and Kleinburg communities. It also serves Woodbridge College, Woodbridge Memorial Arena, Boyd Conservation Area, Al Palladini Community Centre, Emily Carr Secondary School, and McMichael Canadian Art Collection.
Vaughan Transit first operated its route 3 on a similar route, along Islington from Islington Loop to another off-street loop at Rutherford Road. Vaughan Transit's route 3A was also operated to Kleinburg (Highway 27). Both of these routes operated during rush hour only.
When YRT took over operations from Vaughan Transit, it changed the route number to 13. In 2003, service was increased to have midday, evening and Saturday service. Around the same time, looping was expanded around Napa Valley Avenue.
Route 13 was declared fully accessible in September 2010.
Due to low ridership, Saturday service is discontinued and peak period trips to Kleinburg are temporarily suspended effective April 5, 2020.
- Steeles Ave. (Islington Loop): Southern terminus. Connections to routes 7, 12.
- Highway 7: Connections to Viva Orange and route 77/77A.
- Rutherford Rd.: Connections to routes 7, 85.
- Napa Valley Ave.: Connection to route 85.
- Kleinburg (Highway 27): Northern terminus for rush hour trips.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|13 to Napa Valley||19||50||21||45||Not operated.||Not operated.|
|13 to Kleinburg||Every 2nd bus||-||Every 3rd bus||Not operated.|