York Region Transit route 5 'Clark'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , Van Hool A330 , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
5 Clark is a base route operated by YRT in Vaughan and Toronto, ON.
Route 5 mainly serves Glen Shields Ave. and Clark Ave. between Dufferin St. and Yonge St.
This route has 1 branch:
- 5 Glen Shields Avenue - Finch Terminal (Monday to Saturday)
This route serves the Glen Shields, Brownridge, and Crestwood-Springfarm-Yorkhill communities. It also serves Vaughan Secondary School, Dufferin Clark Library, St. Elizabeth Catholic High School, Bathurst Clark Library, Promenade Shopping Centre, and Garnet A. Williams Arena.
Route 5 connects to Viva Blue and Viva Pink at Yonge/Clark, Yonge/Steeles, and Finch Station. A small portion of the route is shared with Viva Blue and Viva Pink, between Yonge/Clark and Finch Station.
Sunday service is provided by a rerouting of route 77 between New Westminister Dr. and Yonge St.
Route 5 originated as Vaughan Transit route 5, following the same routing as today. It was declared fully accessible in September 2010.
Route 5 was indirectly affected by the York University strike between November 6, 2008 and January 29, 2009 due to a high proportion of riders living along the route who commute to York University.
- Glen Shields/Dufferin: Western terminus. Connection to route 105A/105D.
- Dufferin St.: Connection to route 105A/105D.
- Bathurst St.: Connections to routes 88, 160.
- Yonge St.: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 77/77A, 99, 760.
- Yonge/Steeles: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 2, 23, 77/77A, 88/88A, 91/91A, 99, 760.
- Finch Terminal: Eastern terminus. Serves Bay 14. Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A, Viva Pink, and routes 2, 23, 77/77A, 88/88A, 91/91A, 98E, 99, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 760.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|5||17||32||17||27||Not provided.||Not operated; see 77.|