York Region Transit route 12 'Pine Valley'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , Van Hool A330 , New Flyer XD40 , Nova Bus LFS|
12 Pine Valley is a local route operated by YRT in Vaughan, ON.
Route 12 mainly serves Edgeley Blvd. between Bass Pro Mills Dr. and Langstaff Rd., Langstaff Rd. between Edgeley Blvd. and Ansley Grove Rd., Aberdeen Ave. between Ansley Grove Rd. and Chancellor Dr., and Pine Valley Dr. between Chancellor Dr. and Steeles Ave.
This route has 2 branches:
- 12 Vaughan Mills Mall - Steeles Avenue (Islington Loop) (Monday to Saturday)
- 12 Vaughan Mills Mall - Steeles Avenue (Islington Loop) via Four Valley Drive (two trips weekdays)
This route serves the Concord, East Woodbridge, Pine Valley Business Park, and Steeles West Industrial Park communities. It also serves Father Bressani Catholic High School and Chancellor Community Centre.
Vaughan Transit's route 2 was the precursor to YRT route 12. It ran from Islington Loop along Steeles and Pine Valley to loop via Alderson, Aberdeen, Ansley Grove and Chancellor. When YRT took over operations from Vaughan Transit, it renumbered it to route 12 and continued to operate it along the same route. Service was operating 6 days a week.
In September 2005, route 12 was rerouted and extended to Vaughan Mills, which had opened nearly a year earlier. The new route went along Steeles Ave., Pine Valley Dr., Chancellor Dr., Ansley Grove Rd., Langstaff Rd., and Edgeley Blvd. to Bass Pro Mills Dr., where it went around the mall parking lot to reach the terminal bays. In this extension, it replaced the northern part of Vaughan Transit/YRT's route 6, which had been replaced in the southern end by TTC route 37D soon after amalgamation.
Route 12 was indirectly affected by the York University strike between November 6, 2008 and January 29, 2009 due to a high proportion of riders living along the route who commute to York University.
February 2009 saw the extension of a limited-service branch onto Four Valley Dr. to provide a shorter walk for employees.
Route 12 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
- Vaughan Mills Mall Terminal: Northern terminus. Serves Bay 2. Connections to routes 4, 20, 21, 26, 85/85C, 87, 360, 560, 561, 760.
- Four Valley Dr.: Served by two trips weekdays.
- Langstaff/Weston: Connection to route 165A/165D/165F.
- Aberdeen/Ansley Grove: Connection to route 10.
- Highway 7: Connections to Viva Orange and route 77/77A.
- Steeles/Islington: Southern terminus. Connections to routes 7, 13.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|12||33||60||38||60||Not operated.||53||Not operated.|