York Region Transit route 160 'Bathurst North'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of buses used||Orion VII NG/NG HEV/EPA10|
|Related routes||88 Bathurst|
For detailed information about service south of Steeles, see the TTC route history for 160 Bathurst North.
Route 160 serves Bathurst Street between Steeles Avenue East and East Promenade. It also provides service along New Westminster Drive and Atkinson Avenue.
This route has 1 branch:
- 160 Wilson Station - Centre Street
Service was contracted out to the Toronto Transit Commission by Vaughan Transit. This involved TTC operating the buses and collecting the fares, but Vaughan Transit paying for any losses in running the service. A TTC fare was required for passengers travelling south of Steeles Avenue East, but only a Vaughan fare was required if the entire trip was north of Steeles Avenue. When Vaughan Transit was acquired by York Region Transit, the contract was picked up as well, with similar conditions.
Since 1996, route 160 has operated to its current terminus. It looped north and east on New Westminster Drive, east and south on Atkinson Avenue, and west on Clark Avenue, similar to its current loop. By 1998, the loop had expanded to its current one, and now operated through Promenade Terminal. Service has remained fairly constant ever since.
Route 160 was declared fully accessible in February 2012.
- Wilson Station: Southern terminus.
- Steeles Avenue West: Start/end of York Region fare zone. Connection to route 88/88A Bathurst.
- Clark Avenue: Connections to routes 5 Clark, 77 Highway 7, and 88/88A Bathurst.
- Promenade Terminal: Serves Bay 6. Connections to Viva Purple and routes 3 Thornhill, 23 Thornhill Woods, 77 Highway 7, and 88/88A Bathurst.
- New Westminster Avenue/Bathurst Street: Connections to Viva Purple, and routes 3 Thornhill, 23 Thornhill Woods, and 88/88A Bathurst.
- Atkinson Avenue/Clark Avenue: Connections to routes 3 Thornhill, 5 Clark, 23 Thornhill Woods, and 77 Highway 7.
- Clark Avenue/York Hill Boulevard: Northern terminus. Connections to routes 5 Clark, 23 Thornhill Woods, and 77 Highway 7.
|Morning Peak||Midday||Afternoon Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Morning||Afternoon||Evening||Morning||Afternoon||Evening|
|160||20||25||21||24||Not operated.||36||Not operated.||36||Not operated.|