YRT Allocations

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Pardon the bump,
But on my way to Wonderland last Wednesday, while at Pioneer Village Terminal, I did see 905 and another 9XX D40LF on southwest routes. I think this means that those ones have been transferred from North Division with the influx of the 2018 XD40s?

What routes were they on?

Likely just standbys since 905 was on the 98 earlier today back at North [as per Transsee].

Or you might of just mistaken them from being on the 96, which goes to Pioneer Village and is a North route.

• 2 years later...

Bringing back an old thread, if only because nobody else remembers that it exists...

995 and 996 have been moved to Southeast, in order to provide extra capacity with Miller down two ElDorados due to accidents. The last time either units were used in revenue service was in March 2020, when the 589/590 Richmond Hill Community Bus routes were suspended.

9 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

994 apparently was involved in a accident at RHCT at the start of its 91B block. A friend told me this on Facebook.

Add it onto the pile then... I haven't heard anything about that one, but it was not one of the two written-off ones that I'm aware of.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
32 minutes ago, Joshuamumble said:

2019 has returned to BRT Division, it's currently on route 90 according to Transsee

Looks like its last day out of SW was on January 5th (according to Transsee). 2017 has not been in service since December 1st, so it may be broken down. Guessing it will move to BRT following its repairs.

Given the last five of SW's 2022 XD60s entered service in the last week of December, this was probably what allowed for 2019 (and 2017) to return to BRT. Given the number of conventional artics at BRT now, it's not like they're sorely missed or anything...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, ilovettc said:

1601-1604, 1714 & 1715 are being moved to Southwest Garage from North Garage 

Weird decision, North uses their LFS units frequently on the 98 (thanks to the u-turn at Bernard requiring a shorter turning radius). Guessing that route will have to use Xcelsiors now.

On 9/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, tommike said:

what mean c prefix?

The letters you see in Transsee in front of fleet numbers are holdovers from the old contractors that operated parts of YRT for years, they were just never updated or changed.

C = Can-Ar (Southwest)
M = Miller (Southeast)
F = First Student (North)

V = Veolia Transportation (VIVA BRT operations)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...