Enzo Aquarius

YRT Allocations

102 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any ideas what unit(s) First Student will be getting?

From talking to YRT officials, they are trying to focus on making First Student a short-bus garage (rather, not fully 30/32 footers, but a majority). The majority of the buses being retired next are 32 footers (except for 2021), and they've already received 4 replacement buses (987-990), so I have my doubts FS will be getting any 9xxs.

From talking to YRT officials, they are trying to focus on making First Student a short-bus garage (rather, not fully 30/32 footers, but a majority). The majority of the buses being retired next are 32 footers (except for 2021), and they've already received 4 replacement buses (987-990), so I have my doubts FS will be getting any 9xxs.

Speaking of that, saw 714, 716 and 717 was on convoy to Can-ar while I was transfering buses to another yard this afternoon. 715 may have camed later.

Also, I checked 714, the farebox and "Laidlaw" name has been removed. Someone told me they will be transferring to Can-ar for a couple months ago and he was right, it's happening!

I'm going to wait and see once they update the fleet sheet.

Speaking of that, saw 714, 716 and 717 was on convoy to Can-ar while I was transfering buses to another yard this afternoon. 715 may have camed later.

Also, I checked 714, the farebox and "Laidlaw" name has been removed. Someone told me they will be transferring to Can-ar for a couple months ago and he was right, it's happening!

I'm going to wait and see once they update the fleet sheet.

I was wondering where the 7xx series buses were, I have only seen the 6xx D40LFs running around, with the 7xxs sitting at the garage. Thanks for the heads-up!

I was wondering where the 7xx series buses were, I have only seen the 6xx D40LFs running around, with the 7xxs sitting at the garage. Thanks for the heads-up!

Newmarket can keep those 6xx,; don't want them down here!

Newmarket can keep those 6xx,; don't want them down here!

Would be funny if Can-Ar sent back up the 6xx EZ Riders. :D

Would be funny if Can-Ar sent back up the 6xx EZ Riders. :D

Wouldn't surprise me. With all the 9xx Can-Ar got delivered to them, plus the 7xx's they are now getting they IMO have too many buses now. And with other people stating they have heard from YRT having NewMarket mainly a 30ft bus operation, it would make perfect sense to have the EZR's sent to NewMarket.. but who knows, it IS YRT we are talking about.. LOL.

Wouldn't surprise me. With all the 9xx Can-Ar got delivered to them, plus the 7xx's they are now getting they IMO have too many buses now. And with other people stating they have heard from YRT having NewMarket mainly a 30ft bus operation, it would make perfect sense to have the EZR's sent to NewMarket.. but who knows, it IS YRT we are talking about.. LOL.

unless some buses are going to Miller, that could always be possible

If I'm not mistaken, the 713-717 are pretty much underused. With such, FS maintenance did a great job keeping the bus TLC. Just wait Can-ar driver destroy the fleet.

If I'm not mistaken, the 713-717 are pretty much underused. With such, FS maintenance did a great job keeping the bus TLC. Just wait Can-ar driver destroy the fleet.

They will definitely be destroyed by the end of the first day of service :P, I wonder what kind of damage will be sustained from zipping down the HOV lanes on Yonge :D

715 remains at Newmarket, it's sitting in the garage today. Also finally saw 988 in service on 57, but the front sign isn't working/isn't programmed yet.

715 remains at Newmarket, it's sitting in the garage today. Also finally saw 988 in service on 57, but the front sign isn't working/isn't programmed yet.

Unless they are keeping 715, but have to wait and see.

715 is now at Can-ar, that completes the full move of 7XX series for Southern York Region.

715 is now at Can-ar, that completes the full move of 7XX series for Southern York Region.

Thought so, didn't see it at First Student the other day. Take good care of them. :D

Thought so, didn't see it at First Student the other day. Take good care of them. :D

That shouldn't be hard :P. Last time I saw 717 (last spring/summer), it sounded like it needed a new engine...

Thought so, didn't see it at First Student the other day. Take good care of them. :blink:

Pfffffff! We wish!

856 has returned to Vaughan, on Pine Valley today.

When did it leave Vaughan since it came from FS?

When did it leave Vaughan since it came from FS?

What the? It didn't go anywhere since it got transfer from FS.

Anyway, on the other news, while the 10XX series are working for installing Init, several units have license plate BN7 XXX. Also, they've finally put sticker on the operator location, Miller is getting all 19 of it!

Time to bump this up, 858 has been transferred from Veolia to First Student, probably the start of the fleet movement that was mentioned earlier.

EDIT: Totally forgot about this topic, thanks for the move.

Time to bump this up, 858 has been transferred from Veolia to First Student, probably the start of the fleet movement that was mentioned earlier.

856 has joined it...on the 84A this morning.

Went by First Student today, unless my eyes are deceiving me, I could've sworn I saw a 9** or 10** series D40LF sitting at the east end of the 40 foot line. It may have been 610, but it definitely looked like a different fleet number.

Went by First Student today, unless my eyes are deceiving me, I could've sworn I saw a 9** or 10** series D40LF sitting at the east end of the 40 foot line. It may have been 610, but it definitely looked like a different fleet number.

Wouldn't be surprised if those are moved from Can-Ar. The 2xx SLFs need to be replaced and Newmarket's already short on 40ft vehicles, so replacing the 35fts with 30fts doesn't make sense to me.

Plus, Can-Ar has received 5 D40LFRs but has no expansions and no retirements.

Got a ride on YRT D40LF 906 on route 98 this morning, does anybody know if theres more buses being shuffled?

Got a ride on YRT D40LF 906 on route 98 this morning, does anybody know if theres more buses being shuffled?

When I went by First Student a few weeks ago and saw 906, there appeared to be a couple other new units as well. If so, they'll likely be out pretty soon.

907 is at First Student, sitting with the other 40 footers in the garage, couldn't see any other reallocations.