General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• Board Admin

Okay, are you able to see any former markings of a fleet number on the blue XL-II then? I know Diversified had a few of those, but I was never able to get fleet numbers for them.

Do you mean that you think Diversified had the ex-Orleans Xs at one point? I would have thought they were right from BC Transit, during the olympics!

Do you mean that you think Diversified had the ex-Orleans Xs at one point? I would have thought they were right from BC Transit, during the olympics!

I'm assuming they went from Orleans Express, to being lease coaches. Then they were leased to BC Transit for Olympics, then afterwards, Diversified leased them. The only shots I got of them were in Diversified markings. It carried unit number 06.

11459609974_4a7ec00145_c.jpgDiversified Transportation Prevost XLII #06 by Translink fan, on Flickr

11459731113_431fb9763d_c.jpgDiversified Transportation Prevost XLII #06 by Translink fan, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has seen this video yet, but it shows a fleet of 12 Seagull Holidays coaches serving 500 VIP clients from China where the entire Neiman Marcus store was closed to the public to provide an exclusive shopping experience for those clients:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QTBAvMs8EV0

Damn those are some nice Van Hools and Prevosts! Love it!

I spotted an ex Fraser Valley Bus Im sure the paint job was with operating for Mervs Fun Bus out of Grande Prairie...Pretty sure it was a 102. or a 96 A 3 def had square lights on back. Kinda looked like Greyhounds 790's or 800 series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple US coaches up here for a band festival I went to today. Excuse the quality as they were off my phone.

Belair Charters H3-41 #304:

17061951258_6d1195a5d2.jpgBelair Charters Prevost H3-41 #304 by Dannny29, on Flickr

And several Journey Lines Setra S217's were here too but was only able to photograph one:

17249167511_3482eeb88e.jpgJourney Lines Setra S217 by Dannny29, on Flickr

Nice find! It appears to be an MCI 102-D3 or possibly a D4000. Did you get a rear shot by chance ?

Thanks! The dirty window distorted it though. :P I didn't get a rear shot because it actually took off seconds later, but I saw another unit yesterday on the highway near Fremont and it had a 102-D3/D4000 back end.

You do know the difference between a D4000 and a 102-D3, right?

Actually not really. I thought the D4000 was just a new name for the 102-D3 starting in 2001. I know 102 = 102 inches, D = D Series, 3 = 3 axles. But, D4000... D Series 40 foot, and 00 = ? What was the actual difference? The back end looked kind of older in my opinion when I saw one drive by.