Kingston Transit

D40LF

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure if 8870 can be considered the last HF, the E450's i think are technically considered as HF's but have a wheelchair lift.

We're talking about REAL buses, cutaways don't count.

We're talking about REAL buses, cutaways don't count.

Of course they count, they are part of the fleet as much as any other bus!

Saying that 8870 is the last HF isn't technically correct, yes 0626, 0627, and 0830 are also HF but they are accessible. 8870 isn't and Kingston wants rid of its non-accessible buses very soon.

we are talking about buses, not cut-A-trucksâ„¢

Of course its a bus! Just because it looks like a truck, smells like a truck, and sounds like a truck it still is a bus. Much the same way that an Orion VI catches fire like a BBQ it is still a bus.

Of course its a bus! Just because it looks like a truck, smells like a truck, and sounds like a truck it still is a bus

Well, as much as it looks like a truck, smells like a truck, sounds like a truck, runs like a truck, and probably once was a truck, it's still a bus.

R.I.P. 8893, the last KT Classic with a rollsign :D

Well, as much as it looks like a truck, smells like a truck, sounds like a truck, runs like a truck, and probably once was a truck, it's still a bus.

R.I.P. 8893, the last KT Classic with a rollsign :blink:

they removed that rollsign back in like october.. i have it in my room

I miss the route colours. One day maybe we'll see Luminator's colour destination signs in use.

I doubt that, although it would be nice!!!

they removed that rollsign back in like october.. i have it in my room

I think it was removed before then. I will have to check my photos. I had tried to get that but it disappeared so fast, now I know why!!!

Err, isnt that exactly what I said???

I doubt that, although it would be nice!!!

I think it was removed before then. I will have to check my photos. I had tried to get that but it disappeared so fast, now I know why!!!

Err, isnt that exactly what I said???

LOL I was also in-line to get the rollsign until my contact retired.

That is one popular sign...

• 3 weeks later...
was just told that the last remaining MCI classic was retired on June 13th marking Kingston as 100% lowfloor. (not counting the cut-A-trucksâ„¢

in the fleet)

Yep, heard that 8870 was retired due to the condition of the body.

• 2 weeks later...

2 of the Orion VI's have side rollsigns which they do not use, i believe 9806 and 9808. Also, 0952 has no side destination sign. I have just noticed that on some of the buses instead of displaying "OUT OF SERVICE" they display "SORRY/NOT IN/SERVICE" across the front, and "SORRY/NOT IN SERVICE" on the side. The bus I saw this on was I think 0317, but I'm not sure. It was one of the 03XX D40LFs.

Does anyone know of an online picture of a Kingston streetcar? Especially one of reasonable size (800+ pixels wide)? I'd like to link to one from my Kingston transit page.

All-time List of Canadian Transit Systems:

Transit History of Kingston, Ontario

I looked and looked for one but never found one at all. I wanted one for my website.

I ended up getting a postcard off Ebay and using that for my site.

Here's one, found it on the First Capital Transit Society website.

KPCER.jpg

Yes and that is mine, if you look at the post above you will read what I did.

I looked and looked for one but never found one at all. I wanted one for my website.

I ended up getting a postcard off Ebay and using that for my site.