Kingston Transit

D40LF

• 2 weeks later...
New transit maps are out, one new route, 7, while route 18 has been drastically changed. Route 19 now only carries passengers one way, so the return run is empty.

Route 7 apparently provides a consistent 30-minute frequency of service weekdays, evenings and weekends along John Counter Blvd and Dalton Ave. There isn't that kind of service on any other routes in the system! I wonder how popular it will be.

Route 7 apparently provides a consistent 30-minute frequency of service weekdays, evenings and weekends along John Counter Blvd and Dalton Ave. There isn't that kind of service on any other routes in the system! I wonder how popular it will be.

Considering that fact that this route serves the Clyde Industrial Park, bypasses the VIA station (anyone wanting to go there has a walk which in winter will be fun), and then runs to the Invista Centre I honestly think KT doesn't want this route to work. The only benefit I can see will be that for anyone in the Heights going to the Cataraqui Centre will no longer have to go downtown or to the Kingston Centre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks like the same colors on the D40LFR and the D40LF. No?

They are the same colours, with the exception that the front window has a black section painted underneath

yup retired due to structural damage from going over a speed bump

Then it would have happened on Queen Mary Road, route 3. That is the only one I know off that goes over those dang speed bumps.

1047 is in service today, got a ride on it on my way to work.

Spotted 8870 on route 3 today. I imagine in the coming weeks the number of classics will be dropping like bugs. I've been seeing a lot more LF buses on Routes 12 this month, perhaps because of the new Route 7.

The last three D40LFRs arrived yesterday, no numbers yet but should be 1049, 1050, and 1051.

Classic 9095 was retired last week, while I just found out that 1041 was retired this past summer.

Spotted 1041 at Leeds Transit in Elgin yesterday. Got a few pics. Enjoy

Saw 1051 out today (though Out of Service). I'd guess this means they're all in service now.

Two of the classics were on route 7 today as well.

I saw 1051 yesterday too. It is being road tested, no farebox GPS etc. License plate is BN8 600. 1048 broke down yesterday, saw it returning to the garage.

There were three Classics on route 7, while one was on route 3

Here is the photo of 1051 I got yesterday.

I got some photos of Kingston Township Transit 74179 earlier today, a 1979 Orion 01.501. This bus went to Kingston Transit in 1998 but was rejected, although it was assigned the number 7985. It is used as a projector room at a drive-in.

I got some photos of Kingston Township Transit 74179 earlier today, a 1979 Orion 01.501. This bus went to Kingston Transit in 1998 but was rejected, although it was assigned the number 7985. It is used as a projector room at a drive-in.

Is that an additional fleet for the Drive-in?