Canada Line Sightings

neopasturquoise

• 4 weeks later...
Nice looking stations and trains! Looks like they were testing them out already?

Sure are! Testing has been going on for several months now - in fact it may even be almost a year since the Airport branch got some trains running on it, certainly at least 8 months or so. Things are coming together well. Beautiful line, too bad it will be over capacity the minute it opens!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

That looks like a pretty steep grade!

Edmonton's cars had to get retrofitted with better brakes or something for what I think is a lesser grade. Wonder how powerful the ones on the Canada Line cars are!

I bet Canada Line engineers thought that it'd be better to let the cars coast down the hill... saves energy too... although I do agree... that does require some strong braking power in an emergency.

- Allan Kuan

What goes down must come up? :lol:

Landsdowne Station will be open to the general public on THURSDAY APRIL 9 between 4-8pm! I'm definitely gonna go check it out, anyone else?

http://www.bclocalnews.com/richmond_southd...s/42294322.html

In the link, it says there are a few more station open houses likely to be held in the near future, including Templeton Station. Can't wait!

Landsdowne Station will be open to the general public on THURSDAY APRIL 9 between 4-8pm! I'm definitely gonna go check it out, anyone else?

http://www.bclocalnews.com/richmond_southd...s/42294322.html

In the link, it says there are a few more station open houses likely to be held in the near future, including Templeton Station. Can't wait!

You'll find me there! After school that is,... looking foreward to it, thanks for the head up! :(