London Transit Commission

GM artic 5001

Thanks! How about Classics 218, 232 and 248? Are they still active? Thanks again

MCI Classics 232 and 248 are active.

Of the 222-250 1990 MCI Classics, 228 (mentioned in a previous post above), 240 and 241 are retired. The last time I "saw" 249 (on the LTC's WebWatch on its website) was on the last day of September.

Of the 222-250 1990 MCI Classics, 228 (mentioned in a previous post above), 240 and 241 are retired. The last time I "saw" 249 (on the LTC's WebWatch on its website) was on the last day of September.

249 is alive at the new Wonderland Garage being used as a driver shuttle.

I was given information by the supervisor in London on Saturday during the TTS charter on the fate of Invero #434.

They are waiting for the insurance costs to be determined. If they find that the costs are managable, that bus will be fixed up. Although to be honest, that Invero, along with #439, which almost look alike in the way they had burned up, might not be worth fixing.

they said that last december.. i dont think we'll be seeing that bus on the road again

Thanks for confirming, I saw 248 at the end of the day yesterday, spotting it at Argyle Mall doing route 34 Soverign, anyone know when will all the Classics last until? end of 2012?

anyone know when will all the Classics last until? end of 2012?

With 26 still active (222-250 less 228, 240, 241) and with 17 new buses on order for late 2011/early 2012, some will survive. I am not sure how many London has on order for the 2012 consortium order to be delivered towards the end of 2012, but that could very well be the end.

With 26 still active (222-250 less 228, 240, 241) and with 17 new buses on order for late 2011/early 2012, some will survive. I am not sure how many London has on order for the 2012 consortium order to be delivered towards the end of 2012, but that could very well be the end.

According to the usual quarterly New Flyer press release of orders and backlog, issued on Oct 21, there is a reference to converted options under the Metrolinx contract of 13 buses for London (11 diesel and two hybrid) and 17 XD-40s for HSR. The interesting reference in the press release is that Brampton has increased its supply agreement for the Xcelsior artics by adding options for an additional 45 buses, to the 20 that are now on order for delivery next year.

According to the usual quarterly New Flyer press release of orders and backlog, issued on Oct 21, there is a reference to converted options under the Metrolinx contract of 13 buses for London (11 diesel and two hybrid) and 17 XD-40s for HSR. The interesting reference in the press release is that Brampton has increased its supply agreement for the Xcelsior artics by adding options for an additional 45 buses, to the 20 that are now on order for delivery next year.

To add to this post:

-- The exercised option for London is for 40 footers (XD-40 and XDE-40).

-- In the case of the order for the four artics for London, which are included in the total of 17 for the current buses on order, the New Flyer press release refers to these only as 60 foot diesel artics. There are other specific references in the release to the Xcselsior model. So . . . I would assume that the artics London has on order are D60LFRs. I was not able to attend the TTS London charter -- were Kevin or any of the participants able to confirm that with the LT folks who were involved with the charter?

-- The Brampton supply agreement for artics extends to 2017.

To add to this post:

-- The exercised option for London is for 40 footers (XD-40 and XDE-40).

-- In the case of the order for the four artics for London, which are included in the total of 17 for the current buses on order, the New Flyer press release refers to these only as 60 foot diesel artics. There are other specific references in the release to the Xcselsior model. So . . . I would assume that the artics London has on order are D60LFRs. I was not able to attend the TTS London charter -- were Kevin or any of the participants able to confirm that with the LT folks who were involved with the charter?

-- The Brampton supply agreement for artics extends to 2017.

London Transit should pick up a few ex-OC Transpo artics from NFI.......by paying the price of 2 new artics they can have like a dozen of used ex-OC artics.......

would be lovely to see either D60LFR or XD60 for London Transit..........both are something "new" for London Transit anyway~~

Thanks for the info!

We've told 3 artics coming early next year, they will be D60LFR.

London Transit should pick up a few ex-OC Transpo artics from NFI.......by paying the price of 2 new artics they can have like a dozen of used ex-OC artics.......

And have all the mechanics re-train to fix Series 50? I don't think so!

We've told 3 artics coming early next year, they will be D60LFR.

nice London Transit never got a LFR ever.............would be nice to see a LFR in LT scheme!

And have all the mechanics re-train to fix Series 50? I don't think so!

true you are right.....................

For any Londoners or anyone who would know the information I'm looking for- With both the Highbury and Wonderland garages in operation now, does anyone know which garage operates what routes and what buses are based at which garage? If so, I'd love to update the LTC wiki with any available info. Thanks.

Edit- I already added the Wonderland garage to the wiki.

• 1 month later...
Bus 169 is the Christmas bus for 2011. Bus 452 had been used for the past 7 years (2004-2010) but it is good to see that they picked one of their newest buses for this year's edition. Attached are photos taken today at White Oaks Mall. It will be in service until December 31st.

do they do the inside to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

seen 171(hybrid) wasn't really paying attention, no special signs on to stand out except a hybrid above the rear exit door and below the rear window on the back. Usually other transit systems try to make their hybrids stand out.

Hamilton doesn't. I personally think it's a waste of money to sink into fancy liveries when simply, what London and Hamilton do, is satisfactory.

• 3 weeks later...