exo/contractor bus sightings (was: CIT Sightings)

3 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

It seems that Sud-Ouest and Le Richelain are in the transition of replacing their use of coach buses to standard conventional buses.  (Notice in French only):

https://exo.quebec/fr/service-clientele/avis

In not long , Transco / Autobus Dufresne division too , gonna replaced coach buses for conventionnal buses . For the REM network , EXO want 5 mores buses but , I don't know , how many buses will be purchased because , we faced a bus shortage ......... I hope it's more than 5 buses !

14 minutes ago, rgilmtl said:

Wait, is it, or is it not the end for Dufresne? I only saw Transco (the school bus company?) mentioned elsewhere.

For the school division expect the transition to Transco to happen.

For transit, it's another story, the Quebec City MRC contracts Intercar had seems to have remain with Intercar (new CTRP buses are 2325-26, intercar numbering scheme) so wonder if transit will be transferred or they will just run out the contracts until they expire, if you look at the press release of the sale, the main emphasis is on the school operations, the only mention of transit is at the first line of the press release https://firststudentinc.com/resources/newsroom/first-student-acquires-dufresne-group/

2 hours ago, eclair14 said:

For the school division expect the transition to Transco to happen.

For transit, it's another story, the Quebec City MRC contracts Intercar had seems to have remain with Intercar (new CTRP buses are 2325-26, intercar numbering scheme) so wonder if transit will be transferred or they will just run out the contracts until they expire, if you look at the press release of the sale, the main emphasis is on the school operations, the only mention of transit is at the first line of the press release https://firststudentinc.com/resources/newsroom/first-student-acquires-dufresne-group/

@Busrailfan73 Can maybe shed some light, but my understanding is the sale included the Transit Division.

17 hours ago, rgilmtl said:

Wait, is it, or is it not the end for Dufresne? I only saw Transco (the school bus company?) mentioned elsewhere.

Dufresne does'nt exist anymore ......... he bought by Transco : the only thing is , each division of the formerly Dufresne keep their name  !

7 hours ago, Busrailfan73 said:

Dufresne does'nt exist anymore ......... he bought by Transo : the only thing is , each division of the formerly Dufresne keep their name  !

Based on the business registry, Autobus Transco is now the sole share holder of autobus Dufresne (see PDF), so  @Busrailfan73 theory is probably right, they will keep the name for operations (for now).

Registraire des entreprises - État de renseignements d'une personne morale au registre des entreprises.pdf

On 3/11/2023 at 9:09 AM, citfan2020 said:

No I believe it is there to deliver parts and go to chat

305616 has entered service with Sud-Ouest. No lecteur, no Chrono.

Dufresne 81106 broke down while attempting to leave Angrignon on 200 at ~5:37PM. It was finally being towed away when I returned around 8PM

Edited by rgilmtl
Broken Dufresne. Doesn't justify new post.

27 minutes ago, eclair14 said:

So seems Playground has two buses, i have another vicinity in photo but it has a camera mounted above the entrance door

IMG_4670.JPG

These are ex-Kings Transit (NS) who had three units (46, 49-50), and I believe all three units were purchased and refurbished for this operation.